1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 12:25
    re·li·gion
    –noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Wrong!

Religion is what man does to establish a relationship with God based on his own efforts.

The relationship between God and man is established by God and what He has done and what He is doing. You cannot find God no matter how hard you try. God will find you.

If you don't know God, or that there is a God, it's because you are hiding from Him.

The Bible is like God's wanted poster. It says, "Wanted, any man that desires eternal life." God is looking for you. He's done everything He can to make it possible for you to know Him. Quit hiding from God!
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 12:39
    Originally posted by josephw
    re·li·gion
    –noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Wrong!

Religion is what man does to establish a rela ...[text shortened]... He's done everything He can to make it possible for you to know Him. Quit hiding from God!
    Always ready to redefine words for your own propogandist end.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 12:43
    re·li·gion

Wrong!

Religion is what man does to establish a rela ...[text shortened]... He's done everything He can to make it possible for you to know Him. Quit hiding from God!
    You think this is *wrong* because it doesn't explain *your* way of seeing *your* god.

Religion is not only christianity of your kind, but of all religions of any kind. Your explanation is narrow, you have to widen up some.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 13:03
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Always ready to redefine words for your own propogandist end.
    Come on now! Don't be narrow minded. This is just a post in a forum.

Try to be a little more open minded. I made a point. Don't let your bias blind you to the possibility that you may be missing the greatest opportunity of your life.

The existence of God can't be proved. Proving the existence of God is a futile exercise in that no proof is necessary. The existence of everything is the proof of God's existence.

You are simply denying it within yourself.

Am I evil for wanting you to know God? Since when did you figure this whole world out to the degree that you can say with absolute certainty, "there is no God"?

Quit hiding from God. I did. And now He lives in me. If you think I'm diluted, then think again.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 13:14
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You think this is *wrong* because it doesn't explain *your* way of seeing *your* god.

Religion is not only christianity of your kind, but of all religions of any kind. Your explanation is narrow, you have to widen up some.
    Pay closer attention will you?

The first definition of religion is man's definition.

The definition I offered is one that requires that God be the one that establishes the relationship between man and God, and not what man does.

One might think that YOU would be a little more open minded!

Can't you see what I'm saying here?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 13:21
    Pay closer attention will you?

The first definition of religion is man's definition.

The definition I offered is one that requires that God be the one that establishes the relationship between man and God, and not what man does.

Would you ever consider going in to the ministry?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 13:471 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Would you ever consider going in to the ministry?
    I am. But I avoid organised religion. My credentials are not administered by man. I've been through that.

One is "saved" by the working of God and not by his own ingenuity or strength. We either trust in what God is doing, and learn from Him what that is, or we flail in the darkness.

Could it be otherwise?

Ro 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The renewing of the mind! Christianity is the thinking man's "religion".
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 14:30
    Come on now! Don't be narrow minded. This is just a post in a forum.

Try to be a little more open minded. I made a point. Don't let your bias blind you to the possibility that you may be missing the greatest opportunity of your life.

The existence of God can't be proved. Proving the existence of God is a futile exercise in that no proof is necessary. ...[text shortened]... ding from God. I did. And now He lives in me. If you think I'm diluted, then think again.
    Why do you try to put words in my mouth??

You accuse me of bias because I don't agree with you. Who's REALLY biased??

You accuse me of saying with 100% certainty that God doesn't exist. I do not maintain that. I would say that the probability of a god existing is low, perhaps 0.00000000000000001%, with the possibility of the Christian God, the malevolent being that he supposedly is, several orders of magnitude lower, but not impossible.

I don't suppose you are evil - when did I ever say you were?? I just think you are delusional.

You think God lives in you? Great! How much does he weigh? Where does he live? What's his chemical structure? No fudges now, I want specifics, or I'll treat you with the same contempt I do to Roswell conspiracy theorists. That's fair warning, I'd say.
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 14:36
    re·li·gion

Wrong!

lol
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 14:42
    If I can't understand what you mean is because you have not explained it enough.

Religion is not only christian religion, but also any religion. The definition doesn't see christianity as one and only one possible religion. How can this be wrong? That's what I mean as being narrow minded. Please open your eyes. There are other religions too, you know.
  11. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 00:58
    So God and the devil were out walking one day and they saw a piece of paper on the ground. God picked up and read it. The devil asked God what it was he had read, and God said TRUTH. And the devil said, "give it here, I'l organize it."
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 01:28
    If you think I'm diluted, then think again.
    I rather suspect that you are 45-75% water, depending upon your body mass index. Then again, I cannot discount the fact that you may homeopathetic.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jun '08 06:20
    re·li·gion

Wrong!
    Definitions are, by definition, neither true nor false, and hence cannot be wrong. The dictionary lists what is believed by the dictionary writers to be common usage of a word. They can be wrong, but in this case, as you are probably the only person in the word who desires to use this particular word differently, they are correct.
    You are free to have your own opinions about how a person should search for God etc but to claim a dictionary definition is wrong just shows your ignorance.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 12:39
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Why do you try to put words in my mouth??

You accuse me of bias because I don't agree with you. Who's REALLY biased??

You accuse me of saying with 100% certainty that God doesn't exist. I do not maintain that. I would say that the probability of a god existing is low, perhaps 0.00000000000000001%, with the possibility of the Christian God, the ...[text shortened]... h the same contempt I do to Roswell conspiracy theorists. That's fair warning, I'd say.
    the new testament god is supposed to be malevolent. the christian god is quite a few orders fluffier than the OT god. it was the catholics that made him into a jerk
  15. Joined
    06 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 13:31
    "Religion is what man does to establish a relationship with God based on his own efforts"

Of course there are many religions which do not accept the existence or a need for a creator god - Buddhism being one example therefore the above is clearly nonsense.

"The relationship between God and man is established by God and what He has done and what He is doing. You cannot find God no matter how hard you try. God will find you".

And the evidence for this is what exactly?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree