1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 03:38
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Christ only railed against the religious elite.

It's the only time he got ugly.
    He took rope and whipped the religious elite? Homey don't think so.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 03:583 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    He took rope and whipped the religious elite? Homey don't think so.
    If the story is to be believed he whooped ass at some gambling going on I think in a synagogue. There is no way to know anything about the bible as being literal. Like the Noah bit, an angry god destroys all the land life on Earth to get back at some nasty humans? And you all think there is nothing wrong with that story?

For instance DNA analysis clearly shows human genetic diversity as inferior to animals and if the all came from one reproducing pair, what do you think the DNA diversity would be like a few thousand years later?

But that is only cursed science, you figure the Noah story is 100% real in spite of hundreds of years of scientific advancement.

So far only one even half ass argument for religion being real, the resurrection of JC.
    The rest? A collection of pejoratives. Suzianne, thanks for the support even though we are on opposite sides the tweed.

Got anything else? Anyone?
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 07:31
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Wrong site dude.
    You would know.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 08:14
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    If the story is to be believed...

You have a nihilistic mindset. It stifles your imagination. You see what man has done and you equate it to who God is. Your science god has your mind in a materialistic box with no hope of life everlasting. Your philosophy of life is one of a depressing dead end.

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 09:35
    Originally posted by @secondson to an atheist
    Your philosophy of life is one of a depressing dead end.
    If you find the fact that we all die "depressing", then adopting the "philosophy of life" and the hope of an afterlife that one of the religions gives you might well be a good idea.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 11:07
    ALL religions are man made. .
    The evidence against religion being "man-made" is that it is more evil than man.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 11:08
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Is the evidence for all religions the same? I don’t think so.
    Zero means the same in any religion.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 11:10
    Sonhouse is a bully. He is a warped frustrated old man.
    You feel bullied by an old man?
    Poor you. ... 😞
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 11:14
    If the story is to be believed he whooped ass at some gambling going on I think in a synagogue. There is no way to know anything about the bible as being literal. Like the Noah bit, an angry god destroys all the land life on Earth to get back at some nasty humans? And you all think there is nothing wrong with that story?

For instance DNA analysis clear ...[text shortened]... s for the support even though we are on opposite sides the tweed.

Thank you for the shout-out. 🙂

Yes, I know we disagree about Christianity, but that doesn't make either of us 'evil'.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 11:29
    Originally posted by @suzianne to sonhouse
    Yes, I know we disagree about Christianity, but that doesn't make either of us 'evil'.
    sonship is constantly talking about atheists being followers of "Satan" and them being part of "Lucifer's rebellion" etc. Presumably you distance yourself a bit from rhetoric like this when it comes to atheists like sonhouse.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 12:20

For instance DNA analysis clear ...[text shortened]... s for the support even though we are on opposite sides the tweed.

Funny I was not responding to you.

My response to you is that a belief about religion can't be proved nor disproved. You will have to die to see your proof.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 12:49
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Zero means the same in any religion.
    You’ve looked at the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 12:53
    Funny I was not responding to you.

My response to you is that a belief about religion can't be proved nor disproved. You will have to die to see your proof.
    God never intended His existence to be provable.

“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

(Hebrews 11:6)

That said, enough evidence exists for Jesus Christ’s Resurrection for one to reasonably conclude He was God in the flesh, imo.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:23

You are strong, you see through the lies... but not all of them. Fear not, clarity is coming
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Feb '18 19:26
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Thank you for the shout-out. 🙂

There are only 2 sides, no grey areas. The battle lines have been drawn and the decision remains yours

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree