1. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 May '14 05:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Murder and hatred is predominately a practice of the corrupted. Blaming religion merely allows the perpetrator(s) of evil works unaccountability for their own personal choices and actions.
    You have successfully highlighted the biggest problem with religions in general. They allow people to get away with evil whilst blaming religion. The problem is that almost everyone religious or otherwise, gives some amount of allowance for religious people to get away with things they would not ordinarily get away with if they couldn't hide behind religion. Political leaders and con artists frequently use this fact to their advantage, but it is interesting to note just how many ordinary people use it too. I would even go so far as to say that posters on this forum frequently use religion as an excuse for appalling behavior that us atheists would find it much harder to get away with.
  2. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 May '14 11:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    On what scriptures are you basing this?
    Does God create all humans?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    None of that makes any sense. For two reasons off the top of my head. #1 Most of the worlds population doesn't practice any form of religion, certainly not the top ten anyway. #2 None of the top ten religions teach hatred.

Murder and hatred is predominately a practice of the corrupted. Blaming religion merely allows the perpetrator(s) of evil works unacc ...[text shortened]... y are in the majority. Unfortunately, in my opinion, most crime is committed by atheists anyway.
    As to #2:

YouTube

As to #1:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/dec/23/84-percent-world-population-has-faith-third-are-ch/
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 15:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    As to #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpF4EFrAvRg

As to #1:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/dec/23/84-percent-world-population-has-faith-third-are-ch/
    So according to your theory, Christians are the largest group and must be the main cause of the problems.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 18:531 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So according to your theory, Christians are the largest group and must be the main cause of the problems.
    Well there are such incidents as the Crusades, the inquistions and so forth, and don't forget the killing of gays in the south by religious besotted asssholes not so long ago. And the KKK, using christianity as a shield when they killed black people not so long ago. And the killing of abortion clinic doctors by those loving christians.

Yessir, a nicer bunch of people you would ever want to know.

I'd say your statement was correct. For instance, if Christians hadn't killed so many thousands of people 1500 years ago, I doubt if Islam would have had to come out of the door fighting as they did.

I think it would be a far different world if early Christians had had something like tolerance in their makeup but NO, all they had was kill, kill, kill, the infidel and then Islam bit back. What a surprise.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 18:58
    As to #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpF4EFrAvRg

As to #1:

I would like JW to respond to my two prong post.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:25
    Well there are such incidents as the Crusades, the inquistions and so forth, and don't forget the killing of gays in the south by religious besotted asssholes not so long ago. And the KKK, using christianity as a shield when they killed black people not so long ago. And the killing of abortion clinic doctors by those loving christians.

Yessir, a nicer bu ...[text shortened]... but NO, all they had was kill, kill, kill, the infidel and then Islam bit back. What a surprise.
    I heard Caesar Nero used the Christians as a shield too by directing much of his hatred and prejudices toward them. I think you are doing something similar today.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:272 edits
    I heard Caesar Nero used the Christians as a shield too by directing much of his hatred and prejudices toward them. I think you are doing something similar today.
    I really don't want your response, I want JosephW's.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:52
    I really don't want your response, I want JosephW's.
    You can only take a response if your atheist evilution buddies respond with the standard lies of the devil.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '14 22:53
    You can only take a response if your atheist evilution buddies respond with the standard lies of the devil.
    No, it is the standard lies from YOU I don't want. I said it before, I don't want to hear from you on this, I want JW's response.

JW! Please!
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '14 09:15
    All your organized so-called religions have one thing in common: the imperative to control mankind any way they can, mainly through fear. That is a HUGE problem, by having each one of these totally man made religions like Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and so forth, each one teaching its adherents they are the TRUE religion and therefore people of o ...[text shortened]... people and so forth, the less need there will be for religion and reasons for wars of all kinds.
    There are 15000 false religions on this planet.

Meaning there are 15000 groups against each other.

The 3 main groups are Christianity Islam and Judaism.

This should answer your question.

However there is only 1 true relgion.........and it is represented in th eternal Vedic teachings.

These teachings existed way before the Roman Empire and the Pyramids or Islam or Judaism or Christianity.

The false religions were all created to facilitate the materialistic desires of lusty men.

True religion cares not for mens desires of the flesh.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 09:48
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There are 15000 false religions on this planet.

Meaning there are 15000 groups against each other.

The 3 main groups are Christianity Islam and Judaism.

This should answer your question.

However there is only 1 true relgion.........and it is represented in th eternal Vedic teachings.

These teachings existed way before the Roman Empire and the Pyr ...[text shortened]... he materialistic desires of lusty men.

True religion cares not for mens desires of the flesh.
    Good luck with sunhouse for he is defintely a heathen.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '14 14:25
    Good luck with sunhouse for he is defintely a heathen.
    And I am eternally grateful for that.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 May '14 18:581 edit

Yessir, a nicer bu ...[text shortened]... but NO, all they had was kill, kill, kill, the infidel and then Islam bit back. What a surprise.
    In a court of law, you'd have to call those evil men "alleged" Christians, or "self-proclaimed" Christians.

Christians do not murder. Ergo, people who do, must not, cannot be Christian. You cannot see their heart. Claims mean nothing. Men can, and will, be fooled. God cannot be fooled, and God will turn his back on those evil men.

Actual early Christians DID have "tolerance". Pope Urban, not so much. Tomás de Torquemada, not so much.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 May '14 19:10
    No, it is the standard lies from YOU I don't want. I said it before, I don't want to hear from you on this, I want JW's response.

JW! Please!
    did someone call for a JW? at your service!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree