1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 May '14 03:306 edits
    All your organized so-called religions have one thing in common: the imperative to control mankind any way they can, mainly through fear. That is a HUGE problem, by having each one of these totally man made religions like Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and so forth, each one teaching its adherents they are the TRUE religion and therefore people of other religions are not human but need to be brought into the fold through violence.

When ALL these religions say they are THE TRUE religion, one thing is POSITIVELY true:

THEY CAN'T ALL BE RIGHT and therefore the most reasonable path to take is to say NONE of them are THE TRUE religion.

THE TRUE religion might not even be found on Earth, it might be found on a planet in the Andromeda Galaxy where REAL god's or a real god manages the whole place with contented sycophants worshiping this god and even have an afterlife.

What WE have here on Earth is when you die, you are gone, except for the molecules that go back to the Earth to nourish new life.

People are SO afraid of death they have to have these constant man made links to a virtual god which makes them feel better about their coming demise, being filled with BS about going to Heaven or Valhalla or whatever.

So the main function of organized religions is 1) Keep their religion growing, and 2) Control humans the best way they know how, usually through fear. Inventing devils and all sorts of bogie men to torture the minds of susceptible people who fall for all that BS hook line and sinker.

The net result is continuing the infancy of mankind. We are no closer to world peace and tolerance than we were a thousand years ago and will be no closer a thousand years from now.

Just look at the strife in Africa right now, Muslims who hate women, POSITIVELY hate women getting an education and therefore on a par intellectually with men, those women get killed, kidnapped, shot in the head for daring to speak out for the education of women.

Christians are also killing people in Africa who are not their religion.

And of course we all know what is going on in Israel and Gaza these days.

The sooner we chuck the shackles of these religions the sooner mankind can become a truly empathic, tolerant and mature as a species.

As it stands now, we as a species, are not even CLOSE to being empathic, tolerant OR mature.

We fight wars over religions we ourselves made up as if they were real, then gloat over how many millions they manage to kill to support THEIR so-called true religion.

You of your religious bent would say, but look how much GOOD we do.

My answer, you don't judge a religion on what GOOD it does. You judge it on what HARM it does.

By that standard EVERY religion on Earth sucks big time.

Oh yes, I don't forget the crowd that says, 'there will ALWAYS be war and if religion was gone, they would just find other reasons to kill'.

If so, there would be THAT MUCH LESS reason to kill in the big picture.

The more the human race grows in empathy, tolerance, educating its people and so forth, the less need there will be for religion and reasons for wars of all kinds.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '14 07:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All your organized so-called religions have one thing in common: the imperative to control mankind any way they can, mainly through fear. That is a HUGE problem, by having each one of these totally man made religions like Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and so forth, each one teaching its adherents they are the TRUE religion and therefore people of o ...[text shortened]... people and so forth, the less need there will be for religion and reasons for wars of all kinds.
    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '14 09:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/atrox.htm
    Interesting link.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    10 May '14 17:56
    My answer, you don't judge a religion on what GOOD it does. You judge it on what HARM it does.
    Not both?! 😕

I have a word I like to use for this type of perspective: "biased".
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 May '14 02:09
    All your organized so-called religions have one thing in common: the imperative to control mankind any way they can, mainly through fear. That is a HUGE problem, by having each one of these totally man made religions like Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism and so forth, each one teaching its adherents they are the TRUE religion and therefore people of o ...[text shortened]... people and so forth, the less need there will be for religion and reasons for wars of all kinds.
    None of that makes any sense. For two reasons off the top of my head. #1 Most of the worlds population doesn't practice any form of religion, certainly not the top ten anyway. #2 None of the top ten religions teach hatred.

Murder and hatred is predominately a practice of the corrupted. Blaming religion merely allows the perpetrator(s) of evil works unaccountability for their own personal choices and actions.

Perhaps you should look into the worlds legal systems and see why murderers and rapist and such are not punished appropriately. Regardless of their religious affiliations.

What's more, maybe you should consider blaming atheist for not doing more to enact justice, since they are in the majority. Unfortunately, in my opinion, most crime is committed by atheists anyway.
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:25
    That is ok sonhouse, I know your heart. "Blessed are the peacemakers"
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:39
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    If you are going to quote from movies GET IT RIGHT

Blessed are the cheesemakers
    YouTube (less than 30secs)

Its like "Play it again Sam" ............ 😞
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 May '14 04:401 edit
    I don't mean to come across as being flippiant with my last post, sonhouse. You know where i stand. But i will repeat it here. Not for you, but for the other "Christians" and other religions.

Why do i harp on you Christians who "follow the bible" . And i will harp on any of the churches out there who state "we are the one" We are the true church" .

We are ALL God's children. Whether we know Him or not. All this bickering will only help our common enemy. And He is coming. The one the Christians call the anti-Christ. He is no ones friend. If you and your church intent to aline yourselves with him. Then you and I will be at odds. I am the enemy of the anti-Christ and it is because of him that the Servant of the Most High God is here.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 May '14 05:08
    Yes, it is a hard heart indeed, especially toward Christians.
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 May '14 05:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes, it is a hard heart indeed, especially toward Christians.
    Yes, it is because of the hypocrisy. Those who are humble before the Lord have nothing to fear. But any church or person in a religious commitment who condemns a Child of God due to the fact they don't think like the other person. That person is in danger. The Children of God are everyone. Some know this and many do not. Even wolfgang is a Child of God. And i can't wait for him to finally understand this.

What is the danger? Judgement!!! The Servant of the Most High God will combat the enemies of God.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '14 08:45
    That sure is a lot of words for one so ignorant.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 May '14 08:49
    The Children of God are everyone.
    On what scriptures are you basing this?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 May '14 09:422 edits
    It isn't a religion issue, it is a human issue. Those in and out of faith
    in God do things that we would all agree are evil! People kill in the name
    of all kinds of things, some kill in the name of life, others for this, that,
    or the other thing. It doesn't mean the thing they kill for is bad or evil.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 May '14 10:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    On what scriptures are you basing this?
    Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

(John 8:44-45 KJV)
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 May '14 05:34
    "The more the human race grows in empathy, tolerance, educating its people and so forth, the less need there will be for religion and reasons for wars of all kinds."

You see the human race growing in empathy, in tolerance, and so on? It
    seems to me that is far from the case. It seems to me that the more people
    appear to preach tolerance, the more the cries of being slighted, so instead
    of attempting to tolerate they cry about how offended they are at someone
    else's point of view or lifestyle. So instead of growing together we drift
    apart pushed away from one another by the level of the most offended
    among us.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree