Religious motivated hatred

Religious motivated hatred

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So, 12 people brutally murdered today, probably by Muslim extremists. Over what, a cartoon. It's practically unbelievable isn't it.

However their suffering is over and I feel I need to bleat on about the hate directed at me in this forum as a comparison. Yes, again.

But it's not just me bleating, this is a direct comparison. A Christian poster in ...[text shortened]... t the hands of a jihadist than trust my future to the likes of RJHinds and his hate-filled mind.
That horse is long, long dead.

How many more times will you bring this up in other threads not yet created before they finally haul the body off?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Didn't the ancient Hebrews kill for their religion or kill for their God figure?
The big difference is that God sat in judgement of those who were killed, not other men.

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by Suzianne

How many more times will you bring this up in other threads not yet created before they finally haul the body off?
Feel free to ignore my threads while you are not contributing to them.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
The ideology espoused by some Christians involving billions of humans hung out on chains in burning agony for eternity for a thoughtcrime and for the vengeful glory of their God figure and to make the living of their Christian lives somehow easier is more horrific to the umpteenth degree than the ideology that led to the mass murder in France. For this reason, raising it belongs on this forum and it is entirely appropriate to raise it at this time.
Yes, but divegeester bringing up this horrific event in France the other day to attack other posters is but an echo of you yourself bringing up the deaths of 132 innocent children to attack GB.

No wonder you back him up. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Same old, same old.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15
1 edit

Feel free to ignore my threads while you are not contributing to them.
I'm not likely to 'contribute' to any thread using the unfortunate deaths of others to make some nebulous attack on other posters.

Moves
08 Jan 15

I'm afraid it's not dead; as long as there are people professing to be Christians who claim that the God I believe in burns people who do not believe in him for eternity in a specially created and maintained place of suffering, then I will contend against that claim.

More specifically, as long as people like RJHinds propagate religious hate comments like he did to me then I think I have every right to call him on it...eternally.

OK with you?

Moves
08 Jan 15

I'm not likely to 'contribute' to any thread using the unfortunate deaths of others to make some nebulous attack on other posters.
Don't let the door smack your hairy Albanian ass on the way out.

Moves
08 Jan 15

Yes, but divegeester bringing up this horrific event in France the other day to attack other posters is but an echo of you yourself bringing up the deaths of 132 innocent children to attack GB.

Same old, same old.
Let's just be clear and remember that it was the professed Christian RJHinds who told me (also as professed Christian) that I deserved to burn in hell for rejecting the doctrine of eternal hell.

Just read that slowly a few times and either call him on it or sit back and let me.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

I'm afraid it's not dead; as long as there are people professing to be Christians who claim that the God I believe in burns people who do not believe in him for eternity in a specially created and maintained place of suffering, then I will contend against that claim.

More specifically, as long as people like RJHinds propagate religious hate comments l ...[text shortened]... id to me then I think I have every right to call him on it...eternally.

OK with you?
Let me ask you this: What really bothers you more, that this is part of his belief system, or that he thinks you, specifically, are going to hell?

If we spent every waking hour attacking others' beliefs, which seems like what this is about, then that's pretty much ALL we'd be doing in here. You can agree to disagree, or spend a LOT of wasted time beating dead horses.

Your choice.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 15

Let's just be clear and remember that it was the professed Christian RJHinds who told me (also as professed Christian) that I deserved to burn in hell for rejecting the doctrine of eternal hell.

Just read that slowly a few times and either call him on it or sit back and let me.
So, are you saying you're just peeved because you see this as a personal attack?

Look, everyone here who is Christian, thinks there is at least one other Christian here with some wacky belief or another, but you don't see me wasting my time attacking other Christians here for their beliefs. Personally, I find it distressing that a lot of Christians here think the earth is only 6000 years old and they therefore make ALL Christians look like country bumpkins when nothing is further from the truth. I might mention it here and there, but you don't see me constructing some gigantic soapbox and devoting every single thread I write to it. I'm not a one-topic pony. You're never going to change their minds, so every millisecond you spend spewing vitriol about it is a millisecond wasted.

Just put on your big boy pants and drive on.

rc

Moves
08 Jan 15
1 edit

Same old, same old.
Say it aint so! did that paragon of virtue the scourgy windbag also use an emotive current affair to attack another persons spirituality. How loathsome indeed.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
08 Jan 15
1 edit

Because this is a debate forum for religion, yesterday's events were about religion and RJHinds perspective is about religion.
So, 12 people brutally murdered today, probably by Muslim extremists. Over what, a cartoon. It's practically unbelievable isn't it.

However their suffering is over and I feel I need to bleat on about the hate directed at me in this forum as a comparison. Yes, again.

But it's not just me bleating.... "I'd rather be shot dead at the hands of a jihadist than trust my future to the likes of RJHinds and his hate-filled mind..."

Because this is a debate forum for religion, yesterday's events were about religion and RJHinds perspective is about religion.

This is Red Hot Pawn's Spirituality Forum on which "religion" is one of three topics* suggested by Russ. It has not yet been redefined and reformatted as "a debate forum for religion" as of January 8, 2015.

"RJHinds' perspective is about religion": If so, why does your original post contain no less than six references to yourself?

*"Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."-Russ

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
08 Jan 15

Originally posted by FMF
Didn't the ancient Hebrews kill for their religion or kill for their God figure?
When the Hebrews went into the promised land. The people that were living there have the right and the ability to leave their lands before the Jews took over their land that was promised to the forefathers.