1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 19:21
    So, 12 people brutally murdered today, probably by Muslim extremists. Over what, a cartoon. It's practically unbelievable isn't it.

However their suffering is over and I feel I need to bleat on about the hate directed at me in this forum as a comparison. Yes, again.

But it's not just me bleating, this is a direct comparison. A Christian poster in this forum (RJHinds) believes that if (even another Chrisitan) rejects what he sees as the teaching of Christ, that they deserve to burn in hell for eternity.

Not just be shot dead, all over, but burned alive for eternity for nothing more than a thought.

I'd rather be shot dead at the hands of a jihadist than trust my future to the likes of RJHinds and his hate-filled mind.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 19:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So, 12 people brutally murdered today, probably by Muslim extremists. Over what, a cartoon. It's practically unbelievable isn't it.

However their suffering is over and I feel I need to bleat on about the hate directed at me in this forum as a comparison. Yes, again.

But it's not just me bleating, this is a direct comparison. A Christian poster in ...[text shortened]... t the hands of a jihadist than trust my future to the likes of RJHinds and his hate-filled mind.
    Amen, and pray for the success of atheism🙂
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 20:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Amen, and pray for the success of atheism🙂
    What would you count as the success of atheism?
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '15 21:56
    Originally posted by JS357
    What would you count as the success of atheism?
    I can't speak for sonhouse, but I'd say that atheism is a success when it is assumed, in the same way we assume our fellow (wo)men are afairyists, aleprechaunists, athorists, etc.

It's not a direct quote, but I believe Richard Dawkins said it something like that, and I think it's a beautiful point he's making.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 05:31

But it's not just me bleating, this is a direct comparison. A Christian poster in ...[text shortened]... t the hands of a jihadist than trust my future to the likes of RJHinds and his hate-filled mind.
    Well, you had better trust Jesus and start believing what He said, not me. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 09:12

The sad thing is just a little while ago to policemen were murdered and
    from what I gather over injustice. Sad when you think of it, it is like the
    poop for brains prolife moron who kills for being prolife. People fail to see
    that life is important, justice is important, and taking a life for the cause
    of life or being unjust due to injustce just makes you the same type of
    monster you claim you are against.

Those that will kill for their religion are like rabid dogs in my opinion, not
    a lot you can do with one, you need to rid yourself of them.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 09:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Those that will kill for their religion are like rabid dogs in my opinion, not
    a lot you can do with one, you need to rid yourself of them.
    Didn't the ancient Hebrews kill for their religion or kill for their God figure?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 11:571 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, you had better trust Jesus and start believing what He said, not me.
    "...not me."

Is this your way of telling people not to listen to you?
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 12:56

Couple of things.

I must have missed it where RJ said you would go to hellReveal Hidden Content
    hell being whatever it is
    , let's just call it "separation" from the life of God for now, and that happens when one rejects God's salvation through Jesus Christ and dies in their sin, but you really shouldn't be concerned about what anyone says if you're secure with your salvation.

The other thing is this, don't you think you're being somewhat hateful yourself by making the comparison between murderers and RJ's expressed opinion? I think you're overly preoccupied with another's belief about you and their Biblical interpretation.

After all, I hear some very damning proclamations from posters opposed to the idea of the God of the Bible they consider to be nothing less than a murderer Himself.

Why aren't you up in arms about that? Reveal Hidden Content
    Not trying to be abrasive, just casual conversation.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:221 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    ...don't you think you're being somewhat hateful yourself by making the comparison between murderers and RJ's expressed opinion? I think you're overly preoccupied with another's belief about you and their Biblical interpretation.

I'm not worried about what RJHinds thinks about me from a personal perspective - Hinds doesn't even register on my interest-o-meter other than what he represents, which is a much larger population of Christian's who would happily condemn someone into an eternity of living incineration because they don't agree with their religious point of view.

What do you think happened in France yesterday - exactly the same thing over a cartoon. Hinds and others who support the living, burning hell doctrine, abdicate responsibility for their beliefs because they think the Bible tells them it is so. The next step from abdicating responsibility for your beliefs is abdicating responsibility for your actions. What do you think happened in France yesterday - exactly the same thing!

The difference is that the Christians who believe in eternal burning in the next life for infidelity, are worse than those who believe in death in this life for infidelity, because obviously eternal hell is worse than temporal death.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:311 edit

Why appropriate yesterday's horrific event in France to fixate on another poster's beliefs rather than be secure in your own?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 13:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why appropriate yesterday's horrific event in France to fixate on another poster's beliefs rather than be secure in your own?
    Because this is a debate forum for religion, yesterday's events were about religion and RJHinds perspective is about religion.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 14:261 edit
    wow, back of the net, nom nom nom, nice toast!
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 14:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nom nom nom, nice toast!
    I've seen you using this little catch phase recently robbie; obviously you have evolved from "balloon heads" and "zombies".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '15 14:44
    The ideology espoused by some Christians involving billions of humans hung out on chains in burning agony for eternity for a thoughtcrime and for the vengeful glory of their God figure and to make the living of their Christian lives somehow easier is more horrific to the umpteenth degree than the ideology that led to the mass murder in France. For this reason, raising it belongs on this forum and it is entirely appropriate to raise it at this time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree