1. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 12:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I have no bias against women; I married one.
    Marrying a woman is not evidence that you are not biased against them.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 12:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The whole article is bullshlt; why don't you lighten up a bit.
    Is it? Your evidence, argument for this?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 12:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Marrying a woman is not evidence that you are not biased against them.
    Of course it isn't; it's called humour ๐Ÿ˜‰
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 12:19
    Is it? Your evidence, argument for this?
    My argument that it's bullshlt is my opinion.
    Bullshlt is a technical term by the way.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 20:511 edit
    All this deeper understanding of the world from these secular fellas is just overwhelming.

Can someone explain why the world's first double helix section of DNA replicated itself ?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Oct '16 21:07
    Originally posted by sonship
    All this deeper understanding of the world from these secular fellas is just overwhelming.

Can someone explain why the world's first double helix section of DNA replicated itself ?
    Chemistry.
    I could point you to some courses on DNA replication if you want.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 00:331 edit
    Chemistry.
    I could point you to some courses on DNA replication if you want.

The answer is, of course, over there.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

The answer is, of course, over there.
    Did you expect me to give you a three year university course in biochemistry in one post?

DNA replicated because of chemistry. That is a fact. If you want to understand how, you need to learn chemistry.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 10:13
    Replication doesn't require double helix.

I'm not convinced that religious people understand the world less. They are a whole bunch of stupid, but so are the rest of us.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 10:17
    Originally posted by apathist
    Replication doesn't require double helix.

I'm not convinced that religious people understand the world less. They are a whole bunch of stupid, but so are the rest of us.
    LOL - so true.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 10:592 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    LOL - so true.
    That's a new one, on your profile, the big bang came out of god's mouth. Whatever floats your boat I guess. Science at least can't prove you wrong, for a few decades or a century maybe anyway. Give you a plus for creativity anyway๐Ÿ™‚ is that your idea or did you just parrot it from some other source? And how do you know it was not from some other orifice of your god?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 11:391 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    It is a statistical claim, not a blanket claim.
    I think there is good evidence that religiosity correlates inversely to science education - therefore it is highly likely that religious people do, on average, understand the world less.

In this forum, the correlation are very strong and evident. I suspect that this forum does not reflect general numbers.
  13. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 12:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's a new one, on your profile, the big bang came out of god's mouth. Whatever floats your boat I guess. Science at least can't prove you wrong, for a few decades or a century maybe anyway. Give you a plus for creativity anyway๐Ÿ™‚ is that your idea or did you just parrot it from some other source? And how do you know it was not from some other orifice of your god?
    Let me quote you correctly - my profile reads "The big bang was the sound that came out of God's mouth" - I surely didn't invent that "saying", but I have heard many say it before me which makes me that parrot then. The rest of my profile is purely me ๐Ÿ˜‰

The fact is, in which I saw huge humor was that apathist said we're all a bunch of stupid - that meant stupid whether or not you believed in God, no God, FSM, evolution etc.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 12:43
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Let me quote you correctly - my profile reads "The big bang was the sound that came out of God's mouth" - I surely didn't invent that "saying", but I have heard many say it before me which makes me that parrot then. The rest of my profile is purely me ๐Ÿ˜‰

The fact is, in which I saw huge humor was that apathist said we're all a bunch of stupid - that meant stupid whether or not you believed in God, no God, FSM, evolution etc.
    In the great scheme of things, we (human beings) really don't know very much.

The irony is, when we do finally have more of the answers and shaken off our collective stupidity, we'll all probably be wiped out by a rogue asteroid.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Oct '16 12:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    In the great scheme of things, we (human beings) really don't know very much.

The irony is, when we do finally have more of the answers and shaken off our collective stupidity, we'll all probably be wiped out by a rogue asteroid.
    rogue or aimed....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree