Religious theft

Religious theft

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
When an atheist enters a room, logic exits the room.
I've been paying attention to your waffling on Christianity, and I must confess, I find it difficult to respect your opinion, when it is banging like a metronome from one side to the other.

c

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
I've been paying attention to your waffling on Christianity, and I must confess, I find it difficult to respect your opinion, when it is banging like a metronome from one side to the other.
Christianity cannot agree on who exactly Jesus was, nor can they convincingly prove that the story of Jesus is true.

Take the moon landings as an example. Most believe we walked on the moon, but some think the entire thing was a hoax, staged on a movie set. However one views the moon landings will NOT determine their fate for eternity.

Something seems lacking in the Bible, and in history, with regards to the narrative of Jesus, and how His identity is still a mystery even today.

For eternal bliss, or eternal misery, this should be much more clear.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Aug 17

Christianity cannot agree on who exactly Jesus was, nor can they convincingly prove that the story of Jesus is true.

Take the moon landings as an example. Most believe we walked on the moon, but some think the entire thing was a hoax, staged on a movie set. However one views the moon landings will NOT determine their fate for eternity.

Something seem ...[text shortened]... l a mystery even today.

During these brief moments of sobriety, do you ever regret your drunken tirades of the night before, especially those that betray your sexist and racist inclinations?

Are you not embarrassed by them?

c

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
During these brief moments of sobriety, do you ever regret your drunken tirades of the night before, especially those that betray your sexist and racist inclinations?

Are you not embarrassed by them?
No, I'm generally okay with the consequences.

Are you asking this because of my steadfast belief that black people need to get over slavery?

It's the past. Jews don't condemn todays Germans for Hitler, so blacks need to stop blaming whites of today for something they were not involved in.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Aug 17

No, I'm generally okay with the consequences.

Are you asking this because of my steadfast belief that black people need to get over slavery?

It's the past. Jews don't condemn todays Germans for Hitler, so blacks need to stop blaming whites of today for something they were not involved in.
Do you believe that with the end of slavery came the end of racism and discrimination?

And the Jewish comparison doesn't work. (Or do you think Jewish people have forgotten about their long history of persecution?)

c

Moves
29 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Do you believe that with the end of slavery came the end of racism and discrimination?

And the Jewish comparison doesn't work. (Or do you think Jewish people have forgotten about their long history of persecution?)
I'm curious, why are you defending black people?

I never said to 'forget' the past, I said they need to move on, and stop blaming the whites of 2017 for slavery.

Black people hold onto to slavery as a crutch for entitlements today.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Aug 17

Something seem ...[text shortened]... l a mystery even today.

You mean it needs to be clear for you.

No one is responsible for your ability to discern truth, except you.

Millions of Christians find it perfectly clear. The identity of Jesus is not a 'mystery' to me at all. Until you are ready to abandon all your misconceptions and follow him, you'll never find your 'clarity'.

Stop looking for 'proof' and start looking for your faith in him. Nothing else is as important.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Aug 17

I'm curious, why are you defending black people?

I never said to 'forget' the past, I said they need to move on, and stop blaming the whites of 2017 for slavery.

Black people hold onto to slavery as a crutch for entitlements today.
And where did you learn such an abominable opinion?