1. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8539
    27 Aug '17 15:32
    Apparently the Bible is World's most shoplifted book.

    My money is on the agnostics.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    27 Aug '17 15:58
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently the Bible is World's most shoplifted book.

    My money is on the agnostics.
    One source includes Bibles taken from hotel rooms as "shoplifted", but the Gideon Society, who places them there, wants them to be taken.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8539
    27 Aug '17 18:10
    Originally posted by @js357
    One source includes Bibles taken from hotel rooms as "shoplifted", but the Gideon Society, who places them there, wants them to be taken.
    Yeah I suspected as much.

    That said, I've been in many hotels in my time and haven't yet come across one. (Perhaps they self combust when an atheist books the room?)
  4. Standard memberdj2becker
    Tiger's ghost
    Shetland cemetery
    Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    11836
    27 Aug '17 18:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yeah I suspected as much.

    That said, I've been in many hotels in my time and haven't yet come across one. (Perhaps they self combust when an atheist books the room?)
    Maybe it's just because you live in a godless country.🙂
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Joined
    08 Mar '04
    Moves
    615451
    27 Aug '17 18:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yeah I suspected as much.

    That said, I've been in many hotels in my time and haven't yet come across one. (Perhaps they self combust when an atheist books the room?)
    I have worked in 2 different hotels for the past 8 years and hotels don't care if there is a bible in the room. If the Gideon people contact us we ask them to send more.
    On another note, 2 times the bible was replaced with another text.
    1. Book of Mormon
    2. Clan of the Cave Bears
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8539
    27 Aug '17 18:40
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    I have worked in 2 different hotels for the past 8 years and hotels don't care if there is a bible in the room. If the Gideon people contact us we ask them to send more.
    On another note, 2 times the bible was replaced with another text.
    1. Book of Mormon
    2. Clan of the Cave Bears
    🙂 I had to google The Clan of the Cave Bear:

    'An epic historical novel by Jean M. Auel about prehistoric times. It is the first book in the Earth's Children book series which speculates on the possibilities of interactions between Neanderthal and modern Cro-Magnon humans.'
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    27 Aug '17 18:53
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    🙂 I had to google The Clan of the Cave Bear:

    'An epic historical novel by Jean M. Auel about prehistoric times. It is the first book in the Earth's Children book series which speculates on the possibilities of interactions between Neanderthal and modern Cro-Magnon humans.'
    They are excellent novels. You should read them!
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8539
    27 Aug '17 20:06
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    They are excellent novels. You should read them!
    I've added them to my reading list.
  9. Standard membersonship
    the corrected one.
    Joined
    03 Jan '13
    Moves
    8578
    27 Aug '17 22:103 edits
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently the Bible is World's most shoplifted book.

    My money is on the agnostics.
    Sometime people should take a look at the threads started on the Spirituality Forum.
    So many of them thrive on the negative.

    A scandal over here.
    Some hypocrisy over there.
    Some religious crimes over there.
    Some scandalous misbehavior somewhere.

    To often nothing positive is presented as a topic.
    Invariably the emphasis is the trashy thing that someone did somewhere.

    (I'm watching my own tendency in this too)
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    27 Aug '17 22:12
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yeah I suspected as much.

    That said, I've been in many hotels in my time and haven't yet come across one. (Perhaps they self combust when an atheist books the room?)
    Student accommodation in Stirling Uni has wads of them!
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    27 Aug '17 22:26
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Apparently the Bible is World's most shoplifted book.

    My money is on the agnostics.
    Lol.

    Isn't it like free ?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    27 Aug '17 23:04
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Maybe it's just because you live in a godless country.🙂
    It's a purely US thing, that I have seen more in the Bible Belt and Midwest.
  13. Standard memberchaney3
    Bring it on.......
    Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    29697
    27 Aug '17 23:09
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yeah I suspected as much.

    That said, I've been in many hotels in my time and haven't yet come across one. (Perhaps they self combust when an atheist books the room?)
    When an atheist enters a room, logic exits the room.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91614
    28 Aug '17 02:28
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    When an atheist enters a room, logic exits the room.
    You mean the faith?

    Do you know what logic is?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Dukeonline
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8539
    28 Aug '17 17:38
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    Student accommodation in Stirling Uni has wads of them!
    Were you operating there as a cleaner sir?
Back to Top