1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '14 19:361 edit
    Renunciation of Faith in Christ

God disciplines His children in love but never abandons them. Even under the pressure of intense discipline, God graciously continues to supply all that is needed to sustain their lives. Neither warning nor intensive discipline ever implies that God has forsaken His own children [anyone who has believed in Jesus Christ for eternal salvation]. Even renunciation of an earlier point in time faith in Christ does not effect the believer's eternal status as a member of the Royal Family of God:

"It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him [at the moment of an individual's faith in Christ the baptism of the Holy Spirit identifies the believer with Christ in His death], we will also live with Him [eternal salvation is now an irrevocable and unassailable fact]; 12 If we endure [persevere in daily obedience to the commands of God as this obedience to divine authority puts the power of God into effect in the believer's life], we will also reign with Him [as an eternal reward]; If we deny Him [refuse to utilize divine assets], He also will deny us [these unclaimed eternal rewards]; 13 If we are faithless [spend our lives as immature believers not growing in grace and acquiring the mind of Christ], He remains faithful [the unproductive believer is still eternally saved], for He cannot deny Himself." 2 Timothy 2:11-13 New American Standard Bible

At the moment of salvation, God imputes His absolute righteousness to every believer and having done so declares him/her righteous or justified. (Romans 3:21-28) If God subsequently excluded any believer from eternal salvation, He would have to deny Himself and contradict His own pronouncement of justification. A believer's salvation is anchored in the essence of God.

When God provided salvation [by faith alone in Christ alone] His omniscience knew that believers would be easily distracted. He isn't shocked if and when members of the Royal Family of God ignore their own royal birthright and proudly state they've renounced it. Other believers may be appalled and shocked by the disobedience and unfaithfulness of members of the Royal Family but the sins that shock them have already been judged at Christ's Crucifixion. God is never compelled or forced to alter or change His perfect Plan because a believer demonstrates the foolishness God always knew would be exhibited. God's plan is far greater than human ignorance and arrogance, sin and failure; God's grace is immutable. Divine discipline doesn't ever cancel salvation. God's sole purpose in discipline is to awaken and train Royal Family Members to obey His plan.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 May '14 19:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Renunciation of Faith in Christ

God disciplines His children in love but never abandons them. Even under the pressure of intense discipline, God graciously continues to supply all that is needed to sustain their lives. Neither warning nor intensive discipline ever implies that God has forsaken His own children [anyone who has believed in Jesus ...[text shortened]... . God's sole purpose in discipline is to awaken and train Royal Family Members to obey His plan.[/b]
    Also known as the "license to sin" doctrine.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '14 07:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where did you read that there was something called the "license to sin" doctrine ? Is that a name coined by staunch opponents to Calvinism ?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '14 13:03
    No it is isn't.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 May '14 10:07
    Does Grace Give Us A License To Sin?

YouTube
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 May '14 13:39
    The "license to sin" as you call it, is only for people such as your self who are still controlled by your "sin nature" and not by the spirit.
    A Christian, born again, has a new nature, incorruptible, sealed until the day of redemption.
    The only reason a Christian still sin is because he/she has not renewed their mind to who they are in Christ.
    A Christian with the new nature, loathes sin, does not willingly want to sin.
    Those who say, "oh boy, now I am saved and I can do whatever I want", need to get born again because apparently they are not.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '14 17:18
    Originally posted by sonship
    Where did you read that there was something called the "license to sin" doctrine ? Is that a name coined by staunch opponents to Calvinism ?
    I oppose Calvinism, and yet I'm not buying what Rajk is pushing, either.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '14 17:23
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The "license to sin" as you call it, is only for people such as your self who are still controlled by your "sin nature" and not by the spirit.
    A Christian, born again, has a new nature, incorruptible, sealed until the day of redemption.
    The only reason a Christian still sin is because he/she has not renewed their mind to who they are in Christ.
    A Chri ...[text shortened]... am saved and I can do whatever I want", need to get born again because apparently they are not.
    And thus do not represent the majority of Christians.

Some, sure. Too many. But those who accepted His promise gratefully and love God do not follow this "doctrine" Rajk says they adopt. And exalting oneself above others is a totally different sin. So maybe he needs to put down the stones.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree