1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '14 05:441 edit
    So the "religion of peace" is in action again and eventually the 250 kidnapped Nigerian girl's plight has reached a level of political noise where something could happen to rescue them.

Do you think violence is justified e.g. Special forces intervention?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27373287
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 May '14 06:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So the "religion of peace" is in action again and eventually the 250 kidnapped Nigerian girl's plight has reached a level of political noise where something could happen to rescue them.
    I am curious, if the kidnapping had been carried out by the IRA, would you have blamed Christianity?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '14 06:27
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am curious, if the kidnapping had been carried out by the IRA, would you have blamed Christianity?
    I'm curious, do you think force, possibly violent force is justifiable?
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 May '14 06:40
    It is politically expedient for Obama to do this ......as he must rectify the fact that Putin has made him look emasculated in other world affairs.....just my opinion. Makes me sound jaded but as much as I feel bad for these young women I smell political expediency

Manny
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '14 06:59

I say, implant tracking devices in the prisoners while they are asleep. Exchange them for the girls, then track the prisoners to their terrorist friends and bomb the piss out of them all.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '14 07:13

I say let the USA stay out of it because we must recover from recent violence. This does not concern the USA so let others, if they wish, take action.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '14 07:18
    There are muslim terrorists, there are christian terrorist, and there are jewish terrorists. There are terrorists of every religion.

The terrorists are in fact fundamentalists and there you find the root of the problems. Where there are fundamentalists there are a people for recruitment for terrorist groups.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 May '14 07:291 edit
    I'm curious, do you think force, possibly violent force is justifiable?
    Yes, I do. Now answer my question.

[edit]
    Just to expand on that, I think the current philosophy of violence under the 'rules of war' is ridiculous. I think the concept that killing soldiers is 'OK', but harm one supposedly innocent civilian or politician and you have committed a grave crime is fundamentally flawed.
    I think a sophisticated and highly capable military like the US, should in the case of more formal warfare against nations, concentrate solely on assassinating the leaders.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '14 07:55
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I say, implant tracking devices in the prisoners while they are asleep. Exchange them for the girls, then track the prisoners to their terrorist friends and bomb the piss out of them all.
    This scenario creates huge amounts of martyrs. Every one of these will cause revenge. USA will suffer.

Remember we are talking about fundamentalists.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '14 08:37

Rescue... by any means necessary.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '14 08:46
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Good idea.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '14 09:08
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rescue... by any means necessary.
    If there are any volunteers willing to try, then I say, "May God bless them."
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '14 09:16
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "May God bless them."
    Who? The fundamentalists?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '14 09:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Who? The fundamentalists?
    The volunteers.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '14 09:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The volunteers.
    The volunteers need more than blessings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree