Research shows brain atrophy in born again's:

Research shows brain atrophy in born again's:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
Here's the original study:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0017006
Is it really worth reading? I think not.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
mmm, there is one glaring and fatal flaw to your statement, when the first century
christians spoke in tongues, they spoke specific languages, not some gobbledygook
consisting of a white noise, you might want to look at the account in the book of
acts, if you dont believe me.
😕

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
😕
I guess Spanish is not specific enough for him.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I guess Spanish is not specific enough for him.
iSacramento Mucalimufornia!
Maybe not believing in The Trinity causes brain atrophy. 😕

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11
2 edits

iSacramento Mucalimufornia!
Maybe not believing in The Trinity causes brain atrophy. 😕
so they were speaking in Spanish, not in tongues, why didn't you say so. Did you
attribute their Spanish to an act of the Holy spirit? were they all gringo's speaking
Spanish, i can speak Punjabi and Urdu, yet when i do so, i do not believe its an act of
the Holy spirit, why would I. Do you believe that all persons who can speak another
language are speaking in tounges?

w

Moves
27 Dec 11

maybe it was a dissident Republican looking for the tea party headquarters.
I don't think so. He went aroud mumbling something about how Christmas was a pagan holiday and knocking at doors down the street handing out tracks of some kind.....

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 11
1 edit

so they were speaking in Spanish, not in tongues, why didn't you say so. Did you
attribute their Spanish to an act of the Holy spirit? were they all gringo's speaking
Spanish, i can speak Punjabi and Urdu, yet when i do so, i do not believe its an act of
the Holy spirit, why would I. Do you believe that all persons who can speak another
language are speaking in tounges?
Hey! Rob!
It was a joke. Plus the name of the church should have been a clue. 😞

Personal note, cross dressing and eating sheep guts while ringing doorbells causes humour disfunction

😞

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
27 Dec 11

Is it really worth reading? I think not.
Actually it was interesting. I just scanned it briefly.
Thanks Kewpie for taking the time to find that.

rc

Moves
27 Dec 11

Hey! Rob!
It was a joke. Plus the name of the church should have been a clue. 😞

Personal note, cross dressing and eating sheep guts while ringing doorbells causes humour disfunction

😞
cross dressing, my man, the Romans and the Scots built world empires in kilts, chicks
dig them, you know its true! Vegetarian Haggis is nicer.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Can you provide the link to the actual published study rather than an unqualified synopsis from some randon website.
Plos one:

Took all of two minutes

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0017006

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 11

They have been enlightened by another intelligence, the Holy Spirit.
Ah, your god prefers people with smaller brains, less intelligence. Thanks for elucidating that.

w

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Ah, your god prefers people with smaller brains, less intelligence. Thanks for elucidating that.
Just out of curiosity, are the brains of atheists growing?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
Just out of curiosity, are the brains of atheists growing?
Same boat. Less brain. I never claimed to be atheist, I just dislike organized religions. Intensely. I think the minuses way outweigh the pluses. I have nothing against anyone who has their own one person religion. It's when 2 or more of you get together I have an ax to grind.

When 2 or more of you get together it is all of a sudden about how to control person # 3, the more people who get trapped in whatever BS religion someone comes up with, the more the status of the original perps are raised in their community. Why, what a co-incidence.

I never said there absolutely are no gods or god, I just say the BS gods you people invent to soothe your savage breast are just that, man-made and BS.

w

Moves
27 Dec 11

Originally posted by sonhouse
Same boat. Less brain. I never claimed to be atheist, I just dislike organized religions. Intensely. I think the minuses way outweigh the pluses. I have nothing against anyone who has their own one person religion. It's when 2 or more of you get together I have an ax to grind.

When 2 or more of you get together it is all of a sudden about how to control ...[text shortened]... say the BS gods you people invent to soothe your savage breast are just that, man-made and BS.
I think that Christ would agree with you, at least in part. You see, he only verbally abused the religious leaders of his day. Then again, he adamently defended those who worshiped in the Temple with a whip from the money changers. You might say that he was against people being used in the name of religion instead of doing their job which was to reach out to them and help them. Of course, they were not all bad, like Nicodemus. It just goes to show you that labeling everyone one thing is probably not the best approach.

As for myself, I am convinced the world is a better place since Christ came to visit.

Just out of curiosity, how have religious people tried to control you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Dec 11

that's why they are so mental? i dont think so, writhing around on church floors, dont
know what they are filled with, but its not Holt Spirit, that's for sure.
From God to you, or did someone else tell you that?
Kelly