retrospective trolling

retrospective trolling

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Of course people change, if someone brings something up from the which the person has changed their mind on, all that have to do is say - 'Actually I've changed my mind on that, and here are the reasons why'. It's not hard.

Here's some unsolicited advice for you, if you are concerned about retrotrolling I would advise you to follow these steps on this ...[text shortened]... nd admit your mistakes.
4. Refrain from goading, ridiculing, taunting and calling people names.
Thank you I will deal with this internally

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Robert you seem to have missed this -

Name calling and taunting? You seem to have missed them.

What if goading and ridiculing are not done in the right spirit? What if retrotrollin is being done just for fun?
retro trolling may be done for fun also but it can also be sinister, it depends entirely on context. For example FMF's willingness to bring something GB allegedly said in a thread about the death of someone was not done for fun it was done simply to put the boot in. If i say to divesjeeser next week, you remember you said Jesus was retro trollin Satan, that will be done just for fun.

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
retro trolling may be done for fun also but it can also be sinister, it depends entirely on context. For example FMF's willingness to bring something GB allegedly said in a thread about the death of someone was not done for fun it was done simply to put the boot in. If i say to divesjeeser next week, you remember you said Jesus was retro trollin Satan, that will be done just for fun.
Ah, and there we have it. When Robbie does it, it's "fun" when other peole do it, it's "putting the boot in".

Hypocrisy in action.

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

For example FMF's willingness to bring something GB allegedly said in a thread about the death of someone was not done for fun it was done simply to put the boot in.
Would you describe yourself as opposed to people calling someone out for hypocrisy?

If you are, do you think you demonstrate this opposition in the way you post on this forum?

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

Thank you I will deal with this internally
Why don't you let other posters deal with how they post "internally"?

ENGLAND

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

no i have claimed no such thing.
So if I bring up you calling me a son of satan or telling me I'm no better than the murderers who lynched black people, that's just you having "fun" so you don't have to apologise, is that right?

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
So if I bring up you calling me a son of satan or telling me I'm no better than the murderers who lynched black people, that's just you having "fun" so you don't have to apologise, is that right?
But i did apologize for calling you a son of Satan, did i not?

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Would you describe yourself as opposed to people calling someone out for hypocrisy?

If you are, do you think you demonstrate this opposition in the way you post on this forum?
I don't want to discuss my personal views of anything, i need to deal with them internally but i thank you for the kind offer to discuss them in public, its very thoughtful.

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Why don't you let other posters deal with how they post "internally"?
You have evidence that i have prohibited other posters from dealing with how they post internally?

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

You have evidence that i have prohibited other posters from dealing with how they post internally?
There is ample evidence that you want declare the behaviour of others to be "morally repugnant" in public, whilst being unwilling to discuss what may be "morally repugnant" about your own behavior. If you bring others' behaviour up in public and deal with it in public, how is that allowing them to deal with it "internally" as opposed to publicly?

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

I don't want to discuss my personal views of anything...
But aren't your pronouncements ~ on the what is "morally repugnant" and "morally reprehensible" in others ~ your "personal views"?

F

Moves
20 Sep 15

But i did apologize for calling you a son of Satan, did i not?
Did you apologize here on the Spirituality Forum where it happened?

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
There is ample evidence that you want declare the behaviour of others to be "morally repugnant" in public, whilst being unwilling to discuss what may be "morally repugnant" about your own behavior. If you bring others' behaviour up in public and deal with it in public, how is that allowing them to deal with it "internally" as opposed to publicly?
That i find your putting the boot in to Grandpa Bobby as morally repugnant is my affair, you need not acquiesce.

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But aren't your pronouncements ~ on the what is "morally repugnant" and "morally reprehensible" in others ~ your "personal views"?
Yes but these are divulged at by behest as is my prerogative. I have asked you to desist from asking me personal questions and would be pleased if you would comply with those wishes. If i have anything of a personal nature to divulge i will divulge it at my own volition.

rc

Moves
20 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Did you apologize here on the Spirituality Forum where it happened?
clutching at straws and will be ignored.