1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:302 edits
    refers to an attempt to drag elements up from the past in order to confront, embarrass or discredit an opponent.

The Retroactive Stalker will go back in time to find every cragislist post you ever made until he finds something embarrassing you said, even if you posted it three years ago. After that, whenever you post anything new, the Retroactive Stalker will link to the old post(s) in an effort to discredit you.

http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/18-types-of-internet-trolls

1.Why is it morally acceptable or not to drag elements up from the past and use them to confront, embarrass and discredit other people.

2. Is it consummate with professed Christian belief to do so.

If you have any insight please let it be known.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    refers to an attempt to drag elements up from the past in order to confront, embarrass or discredit an opponent.

The Retroactive Stalker will go back in time to find every cragislist post you ever made until he finds something embarrassing you said, even if you posted it three years ago. After that, whenever you post anything new, the Retroactive ...[text shortened]... ur professed beliefs as a Christian to do so.

You've been being a dick here for years, why shouldn't we be reminded of your 'underpants at you ankles' moments?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You've been being a dick here for years, why shouldn't we be reminded of your 'underpants at you ankles' moments?
    Please note the use of the term WHY usually demands a reason, if i wanted some airhead slobbery son of Satan drivel Ill ask you for it.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:51

The Retroactive Stalker will go back in time to find every cragislist post you ever made until he finds something embarrassing you said, even if you posted it three years ago. After that, whenever you post anything new, the Retroactive ...[text shortened]... ate with professed Christian belief to do so.

😴
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:543 edits
    It appears to me that to constantly harp on about what someone said in the past so as to confront, embarrass and/or discredit them is immoral because it refuses to take into consideration that the persons perspective may have changed and that they no longer hold the views that they did at the time. In other words it refuses to look at the potential in a person, only what they were alleged to have been and who among us has not undergone some profound change in life?

To constantly cast things up from the past also displays a kind of vindictive unwillingness to let the person forget what the did. Of course to use it to embarrass or discredit someone is also immoral for it may detract completely from a valid point that the person was making at the time and cast them in an unfair light.

So in summary casting things up from the past is not making someone accountable for their words, its simply an attempt to embarrass and sometimes stigmatise them for no other reason than they made a mistake in the past.

As to a Christian perspective on it, I think that its almost impossible to substantiate a case for it Biblically for we are counselled to 'freely forgive one another even as Christ forgave us'. It is thus impossible to reconcile this idea with casting elements up from the past so as to discredit or embarrass others as its neither forgiving nor Christ like.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 18:561 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    😴
    perhaps you can tell us your insight on it Noobster for you are a noteworthy example.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 19:44
    It appears to me that to constantly harp on about what someone said in the past so as to confront, embarrass and/or discredit them is immoral because it refuses to take into consideration that the persons perspective may have changed and that they no longer hold the views that they did at the time. In other words it refuses to look at the potential i ...[text shortened]... p from the past so as to discredit or embarrass others as its neither forgiving nor Christ like.
    It appears to me that nobody give a rats ass about you or your "retrospective" BS.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 20:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It appears to me that nobody give a rats ass about you or your "retrospective" BS.
    yes but you have still to tell us why you think it consummate with Christian principles as you have sated. I have given a reason why i thinks its anti Christian.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 20:29
    It appears to me that to constantly harp on about what someone said in the past so as to confront, embarrass and/or discredit them is immoral because it refuses to take into consideration that the persons perspective may have changed and that they no longer hold the views that they did at the time. In other words it refuses to look at the potential i ...[text shortened]... p from the past so as to discredit or embarrass others as its neither forgiving nor Christ like.
    Nice job, well put!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 21:49
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Nice job, well put!
    Clearly you are a man of insight and discernment.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 21:52
    If Robbie and Dive hate each other so much , and I like them both, am I the more "Christian"?
    😀
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 22:52
    perhaps you can tell us your insight on it Noobster for you are a noteworthy example.
    You're the only poster on this website I have come across who has an issue with people bringing up something you have said in a previous discussion. I have zero qualms about someone bringing up something I have said previously.

The reason, as I see it, as to why it is such an issue for you is because you frequently talk utter nonsense. You just make stuff up as you go along. Your vanity and ego gets in the way of you admitting you are wrong and we end up in situations such as the one where you actually tried to claim you had forgotten whether you believed Santa Claus existed or not. Or the situation where you lied about how you would feel with regard to racist abuse being directed at your wife. Your posting history is littered with contradictions, inconsistencies (a harsher term would be lies but I'm feeling not too combative at the moment after a few bottles of beer) and name calling. All this from a self declared 'ordained minister of God. So it stands to reason why you don't want references from your posting history to be raised. That's how I see it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:391 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You're the only poster on this website I have come across who has an issue with people bringing up something you have said in a previous discussion. I have zero qualms about someone bringing up something I have said previously.

The reason, as I see it, as to why it is such an issue for you is because you frequently talk utter nonsense. You just make stuff up as you go along. Your vanity and ego gets in the way of you admitting you are wrong and we end up in situations such as the one where you actually tried to claim you had forgotten whether you believed Santa Claus existed or not. Or the situation where you lied about how you would feel with regard to racist abuse being directed at your wife. Your posting history is littered with contradictions, inconsistencies [...] and name calling. All this from a self declared 'ordained minister of God. So it stands to reason why you don't want references from your posting history to be raised. That's how I see it.

Bingo.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:45
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    If Robbie and Dive hate each other so much , and I like them both, am I the more "Christian"?
    😀
    Could be

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. (1Jn 4:21)
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 05:26
    Please note the use of the term WHY usually demands a reason, if i wanted some airhead slobbery son of Satan drivel Ill ask you for it.
    The orher day you apologised for calling me a son of Satan, was that you trolling me? If I bring up to apologising, is that retro-trolling? If you repeatedly call me "son of satan" is at you retro-trolling?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree