1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 09:271 edit
    RHP Heaven

    Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of our last chess move or public forum post. Provision has been made to allow each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    11 Apr '14 10:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Heaven

    Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of our last chess move or ...[text shortened]... w each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?[/b]
    What kind of things do people need to bring with them to your concept of "heaven"?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14583
    11 Apr '14 10:46
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Heaven

    Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of our last chess move or ...[text shortened]... w each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?[/b]
    A contract to be signed by god stating that all those currently suffering in hell will be granted permission to come to heaven, and hell will be closed down for good.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    11 Apr '14 12:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]RHP Heaven

    Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of our last chess move or ...[text shortened]... w each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?[/b]
    I wouldn't bring anything, just myself.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    1637
    11 Apr '14 12:50
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    A contract to be signed by god stating that all those currently suffering in hell will be granted permission to come to heaven, and hell will be closed down for good.
    I tried that, in a way. He won't do it.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14583
    11 Apr '14 13:05
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I tried that, in a way. He won't do it.
    Please expand on that, if you will.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 19:14
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    A contract to be signed by god stating that all those currently suffering in hell will be granted permission to come to heaven, and hell will be closed down for good.
    That's two... a third?
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    11 Apr '14 19:26
    Is there an RHP Hell?

    Who is going there?

    Can I get complete lists of occupants?
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14583
    11 Apr '14 19:55
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    That's two... a third?
    Actually, it was only one. The "closing down hell" part was within the contract.

    Number two? I dunno... a plant maybe. Not sure if there are plants in heaven. Plants are always nice.

    How about pets? Do you get reunited with your pets in heaven?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 20:374 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Is there an RHP Hell?

    Who is going there?

    Can I get complete lists of occupants?
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Is there an RHP Hell?

    Who is going there?

    Can I get complete lists of occupants?

    No RHP Hell. "Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family" which means we'll all be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day we've made our final forum post or chess move. RHP Members who have been banned for violating site terms of service effectively committed suicide but will still be there in RHP Heaven when you and I get there. Why? They became Members of Russ' Family the date they joined. Once family, always family no matter how badly you may screw up. RHP Moderators discipline deviant members for their own good.

    Note: Suppose we could imagine an online correspondence chess site hell for chess players who decided against joining RHP
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 20:43
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Actually, it was only one. The "closing down hell" part was within the contract.

    Number two? I dunno... a plant maybe. Not sure if there are plants in heaven. Plants are always nice.

    How about pets? Do you get reunited with your pets in heaven?
    "a plant"... sure; only one? Would you also like to be able to stroll over from the GKR Mansion to the Gazebo in the RHP Paradise Gardens? Also, since RHP Heaven will be perfect, your plant won't even know the meaning of the word "weeds".
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14583
    11 Apr '14 21:11
    There's nothing wrong with weeds, only when there's too much of it. Dandelion is considered a weed, but did you know it might be an excellent alternative source for rubber production?

    Perfection is boring. Give me imperfections any day of the week.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 21:221 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    There's nothing wrong with weeds, only when there's too much of it. Dandelion is considered a weed, but did you know it might be an excellent alternative source for rubber production?

    Perfection is boring. Give me imperfections any day of the week.
    Interesting points. My Swedish Maternal Grandmother made Dandelion Wine in their 'cellar' [basement wasn't yet in vogue] as well as hand soap from and the excess fat of meat roasts and lye. Dandelion weed as "an excellent alternative source for rubber production" wouldn't surprise me. Perfections are often more "boring" than imperfections in the human realm.

    Note: It seems to me that we seek stimulating "imperfections" and novel wrinkles in persons, places and things because human capacities are at some point self limiting and finite. In RHP Heaven happiness options are infinitely possible.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14583
    11 Apr '14 23:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Interesting points. My Swedish Maternal Grandmother made Dandelion Wine in their 'cellar' [basement wasn't yet in vogue] as well as hand soap from and the excess fat of meat roasts and lye. Dandelion weed as "an excellent alternative source for rubber production" wouldn't surprise me. Perfections are often more "boring" than imperfections in the human r ...[text shortened]... at some point self limiting and finite. In RHP Heaven happiness options are infinitely possible.
    What an awful idea. Imagine a slotmachine that always pays out. Imagine everything you try instantly succeeds. Imagine there's nothing left to learn, nothing left to discover. The sun always shines, everything always goes exactly as planned. No need to set aims, no need to better yourself. Every chess game ends in a draw.

    Sounds like hell to me.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    11 Apr '14 23:502 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    What an awful idea. Imagine a slotmachine that always pays out. Imagine everything you try instantly succeeds. Imagine there's nothing left to learn, nothing left to discover. The sun always shines, everything always goes exactly as planned. No need to set aims, no need to better yourself. Every chess game ends in a draw.

    Sounds like hell to me.
    "In RHP Heaven happiness options are infinitely possible." in no way suggests any option or activity, tranquility of mind or ecstatic experience per se. As the Head of our family in RHP Heaven, Russ will have prepared an environment of enjoyment well beyond our present ability to correlate with April 11, 2014 online here on planet earth or imagine. Your, "Imagine a slotmachine that always pays out. Imagine everything you try instantly succeeds. Imagine there's nothing left to learn, nothing left to discover. The sun always shines, everything always goes exactly as planned. No need to set aims, no need to better yourself. Every chess game ends in a draw." description superimposes your earthly expectation on Russ' Design. "Sounds like hell to me." We agree that a less than alternative even to what we have now would be dreadful indeed.
Back to Top