1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 14:21
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    For the sake of clarity, and so that it is clear to everyone, without
    wanting to prejudice future discussion do you believe/think/wish
    that "site members who contribute to this forum" are your "several friends"?

Can you elaborate on the phrase "one and the same" when you
    later differentiate the phrases with "the latter emphasising temporal"?

So ...[text shortened]... es your use of superfluous/unnecessary/incongruous commas
    denote hidden meaning to i.,e., [sic] ??
    Originally posted by wolfgang59 Thread 159559
    All my recent threads have been initiated by questions arising from
    other threads. It drives me mad that the atheists* cannot answer a
    question without going off on wild tangents. I am merely trying to
    bring some order to the chaos. And bring some light to the discussions.

Let there be light!

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

* "atheists" or theists?

Please post your most pressing three questions here. For the sake of clarity, define any terms subject to interpretation.

Originally posted by wolfgang59 [with Grampy Bobby's reply in Brackets]
    To be clear, and translucent/transparent is "several friends" a synonymic phrase equivalent to and equal therefore to your interpretation "site members who contribute to this forum" [yes] and if so does that meaning differentiate them from others who may or may not, but will have wished, to thus participate? [yes since this hypothetical defines its general population as site members who contribute to this forum]

For the sake of clarity please specify the difference, real or imagined, between "our relationship with people" and "our relationship with people in time" [one and the same with the latter emphasizing temporal].

Please indicate your understanding of the phrase "in time and eternity" [faith in Christ for your salvation results in a personal relationship with God which begins in time and continues in His presence for eternity] i.,e., [now in June, 2014, and following our physical death].

Thank you.[/You're welcome]

Note: I hope to be with you and your dear family in heaven for eternity. You'll get along famously with my wife Evelyn.

So your phrase "in time and eternity" has an imbedded meaning which
    includes "faith in Christ, salvation resulting from a personal relationship
    with god, and continues in his presence"? Which of those implicit
    attributes is coded within "in time" and which within "and eternity"?

Does your use of superfluous/unnecessary/incongruous commas

Thanks.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 14:231 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP with Page 2 reply)
    RHP Heaven

Since each of us have made a date documented decision to accept the Red Hot Pawn Membership Terms of Service on the day of joining, we've all by definition become Members of Russ' Online Correspondence Chess Site Family. Imagine that this entire family will be transported to RHP Heaven one by one on the day of ou ...[text shortened]... pu w each family member to bring up to three items along. What if anything would you bring and why?
    Uncoerced: adjective. "done, made, or given with one's own free will (the therapist noted that uncoerced behavioral changes can sometimes strengthen relationships).

Synonyms: freewill, self-imposed, uncoerced, unforced, volitional, volunteer, willing.

Related Words: discretionary, elective, optional; impulsive, instinctive, spontaneous, unpremeditated; conscious, deliberate, intentional, knowing, willful (or willful).

Near Antonyms: compulsory, enforced, mandatory, necessary, nonelective, obligatory, ordered, required.

Antonyms: coerced, compelled, forced, involuntary, nonvoluntary, unwilled, will-less." (Merriam-Webster)

To my several friends who claim uncoerced decisions are humanly impossible: Nobody forced, mandated or coerced you to join Red Hot Pawn. Not Russ or the Game Moderators or Forum Moderators. No one; you made the decision all by yourself. Why? You assessed the reward to exceed the risk before making the decision to join. A temporal horizontal relationship vs. an eternal vertical relationship is the only difference with choosing for rather than against Christ for your eternal salvation.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 20:44
    GB to facilitate further meaningful discussion please respond to the previously posted questions herein copied from your earlier post.

4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 21:58
    GB to facilitate further meaningful discussion please respond to the previously posted questions herein copied from your earlier post.

that "site members who contribute to this ...[text shortened]... se of superfluous/unnecessary/incongruous commas
    If I misread the authenticity of your compounded questioning, my apology. Please distil them to succinct questions.

Note: Also, please reply with your three most pressing questions of record to Pascal's Wager Simplified. Thank you.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:55
    If I misread the authenticity of your compounded questioning, my apology. Please distil them to succinct questions.

Note: Also, please reply with your three most pressing questions of record to Pascal's Wager Simplified. Thank you.
    I appreciate the honesty and candor of your opinion. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (April 18, 2014, OP)
    "10 Things I Wish Everyone Knew About Atheism March 18, 2014 "Set your stereotypes aside and get to know atheists all over again. by Herb Silverman" [Almost titled this thread: “Joey, this is very important..." -gb]

"I’m a “big-tent” atheist, which includes whatever non-theistic labels people prefer: agnostic, humanist, secular humanist, freethinker, secularist, and more. This list applies to the whole tent:

1. The prefix “a” can mean “anti” or “non.” While some atheists are anti-theists, most are non-theists who have no desire to destroy religion. We don’t have a problem with believers until they try to force their beliefs on others.

2. Atheists are not necessarily protesters, though that’s how they are usually portrayed in the media. When they do protest, they protest government privileging of one religion over another or religion over non-religion.

3. Atheists are not angry at God (just as they are not angry at the Tooth Fairy), and most of us didn’t become atheists because something bad happened to us. We became atheists because we find no evidence for any gods.

4. Atheists are not less trustworthy just because we don’t believe in a judging God. Believing that of us only makes us think you would be untrustworthy were it not for your fear of God.

5. We can find joy without belief in God and an afterlife. We may not see any cosmic purpose of life, but we do find our own joyful purposes in life.

6. Most religious people are secular most of the time. Ask yourself how you would behave differently if you stopped believing in God. If you can’t come up with a good answer, then you are what I call a functional atheist.

7. Calling atheism a religion is like calling baldness a hair color. The “religion” of atheism and secular humanism is not taught in public schools, unless you think that conveying the best available scientific information is a religious act. If you wind up abandoning faith in supernatural things because of science, as many do, that is a collateral benefit to critical thinking.

8. Most atheists don’t go around proselytizing or promoting atheism. For every open atheist you know, there are probably dozens of non-identifying atheists whom you assume are religious. Many are afraid to come out of their atheist closets, and the varied reasons for that would require another list of ten or more things that I wish everyone would know.

9. Atheists don’t fit your stereotypes. There are good and bad atheists just as there are good and bad Christians, Jews, Muslims, men, women, and any other category. Judge people by their actions and the content of their character, not by their professed religious beliefs.

10. Most of the atheists I know have a good sense of humor, so I’ll end with a joke:

A Jewish atheist hears that the best school in town happens to be Catholic, so he enrolls his son. Things are going well until one day the boy comes home and says, “I just learned all about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.” The boy’s father is barely able to control his rage. He grabs his son by the shoulders and says, “Joey, this is very important, so listen carefully. There is only ONE God — and we don’t believe in Him!”

Note: "About Herb Silverman is founder and President Emeritus of the Secular Coalition for America, author of “Candidate Without a Prayer: An Autobiography of a Jewish Atheist in the Bible Belt,” and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at the College of Charleston."

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2014/03/18/10-things-i-wish-everyone-knew-about-atheism/31345

Footnote: This is a thread I'd post if an atheist; so here it is for my atheist friends and almost friends. Enjoy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree