1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 06:11
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    I happen to give a damn about these people as well as you.

Thank you, GB.
    You're welcome, LJ. Maybe you'll still be here keeping the light on when it's time to post an MIA for yours truly.
    Meanwhile, if you ever decide to resume your chess play, how about an unrated conversational game? -Bob
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '15 05:431 edit
    RHP Spirituality Contributors MIA

8. @NOTGATE Last Forum Post: 07 Nov '12 12:15

"Whose side is God on tonight?"

"He means He as in, what GOD said. Implying that you have it all written down somewhere?"
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 21:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    You're welcome, LJ. Maybe you'll still be here keeping the light on when it's time to post an MIA for yours truly.
    Meanwhile, if you ever decide to resume your chess play, how about an unrated conversational game? -Bob
    Hey Bob, I'll take you up on that game. Can you send one my way? I'm unable to send one over to you with your current settings.

Cheers,
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 21:59
    Hey Bob, I'll take you up on that game. Can you send one my way? I'm unable to send one over to you with your current settings.

Cheers,
    Hold on a second! You're available for a game? Let's play!
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 22:49
    [b]RHP Spirituality Contributors MIA

7. @googlefudge Last Post: "09 Nov '14 18:05"

About googlefudge

"Vos existimantur cogitare, Antequam vos infringere regulas.

If you believe in a god or gods and claim to know it or they exist then you're a "gnostic theist".

If you believe in a god or gods and don't know if it or they exis ...[text shortened]... of the absence of belief based on blind irrational faith..." (eight reference site links follow)[/b]
    Not dead. Just busy/doing other things.

I look in from time to time to see if anyone has come up with any new arguments...
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 23:04
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Not dead. Just busy/doing other things.

I look in from time to time to see if anyone has come up with any new arguments...
    That's a little optimistic - same old stuff I'm afraid.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 00:09

Cheers,
    What a pleasant surprise. Would an Unrated 3/7 or 7/7 or 14/14 Chess Game Invite on Monday, February 2 be okay?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 16:41
    What a pleasant surprise. Would an Unrated 3/7 or 7/7 or 14/14 Chess Game Invite on Monday, February 2 be okay?
    Yeah...3/7 sounds good.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '15 16:43
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Hold on a second! You're available for a game? Let's play!
    Sure thing, bbarr!
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 05:42
    Yeah...3/7 sounds good.
    Ok. Here's an anonymous quote from Facebook should we need to lighten the mood during our in-game conversation:
    "I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... if anyone needs me, I'll be in my blanket fort coloring." lol
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 19:28
    Bump for LemonJello
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '15 17:03
    Bump for LemonJello
    The funny quote reminds me of a related topic: some of your religious prescriptions promote becoming as a child as conducive to some adult spiritual ends. Of course, I think there could be several ways in which regress to child-like behaviors could be valuable or appropriate, but I'm not really convinced your religious prescriptions hit on the right ones. Perhaps you could help clarify for me.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 08:481 edit
    The funny quote reminds me of a related topic: some of your religious prescriptions promote becoming as a child as conducive to some adult spiritual ends. Of course, I think there could be several ways in which regress to child-like behaviors could be valuable or appropriate, but I'm not really convinced your religious prescriptions hit on the right ones. Perhaps you could help clarify for me.
    LJ, unexplained laptop issues four days ago prevent me from inviting or accessing games or sending personal messages, though I'm able to reply and post in forums. Hopefully my son will be able to resolve them soon. Apologies for the delay.

With respect to your reply, though I'm unsure of the context of "becoming as a child", here are a few comments before we discuss the topic further in our game: Virtually all learning at any age requires a childlike desire to know and an open minded objectivity, teachability and acceptance of authority. Unlearning to some degree may also become part of the process.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 17:22
    LJ, unexplained laptop issues four days ago prevent me from inviting or accessing games or sending personal messages, though I'm able to reply and post in forums. Hopefully my son will be able to resolve them soon. Apologies for the delay.

With respect to your reply, though I'm unsure of the context of "becoming as a child", here are a few co ...[text shortened]... lity and acceptance of authority. Unlearning to some degree may also become part of the process.

No worries.

With respect to your reply, though I'm unsure of the context of "becoming as a child", here are a few comments before we discuss the topic further in our game: Virtually all learning at any age requires a childlike desire to know and an open minded objectivity, teachability and acceptance of authority. Unlearning to some degree may also become part of the process.

Okay, I generally agree with these preliminary comments.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Feb '15 17:43

No worries.

With respect to your reply, though I'm unsure of the context of "becoming a ...[text shortened]... become part of the process.

Okay, I generally agree with these preliminary comments.
    Thanks, LJ. Eric travels a lot on internet security business. Hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday he'll find time.

"Okay, I generally agree with these preliminary comments." -LemonJello

Hmm... then maybe one of us is unnecessary. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree