Richard Dawkins stumped!

Richard Dawkins stumped!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jul 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I apologize, i meant....Karma.

vishva
And how does Karma go about doing this?

Cape Town

Moves
14 Jul 10
1 edit

Ok, i see, so someone introduces something into the system and at the DNA level, it changes the normal order of things, and that has a benificial affect in making the person more resistant to malaria.
No, I specifically stated that the cause was some random chemical or radiation and not by an intelligent human introducing it into the system.

I want to know from you whether such an event is possible.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10

Originally posted by Proper Knob
And how does Karma go about doing this?
Its late where i am, so i,ll give the short answer, but tomorrow i can exspand on it.

Karma is a sanskrit, word and can have a few interpretations, but generally it means, material activities which one incurs subsequent reactions.

In christianity they say if you behave badly then god will punish you, but this is incorrect, god punishes no one.

The way life corrects the wrong actions of a person, is though the LAW of cause and affect or Karma.

Karma is like gravity, if a good or bad person fall of a cliff, gravity doesnt care, and both will die.

So Karma is a universal law, that delivers reactions to people (cause and affect).

If you perform pious activities in this life, you will be rewarded by the law of Karma.

If you perform impious activities in this life, you will be punished, (i dont like that word punish, but you get the just reward for those impious activities.

If someone is born with Down Syndrone, we can assume in their last life they were impious.

vishva

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Jul 10

Its late where i am, so i,ll give the short answer, but tomorrow i can exspand on it.

Karma is a sanskrit, word and can have a few interpretations, but generally it means, material activities which one incurs subsequent reactions.

In christianity they say if you behave badly then god will punish you, but this is incorrect, god punishes no one.

Th ...[text shortened]... omeone is born with Down Syndrone, we can assume in their last life they were impious.

vishva
As it's late where you are, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't ask what Karma is, i'm well aware what it is. What i asked was, how does 'Karma' go about 'creating' (for want of a better word) Down Syndrome?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, I specifically stated that the cause was some [b]random chemical or radiation and not by an intelligent human introducing it into the system.

I want to know from you whether such an event is possible.[/b]
Ok, i feel like i,ve got only half the story, so if you know specifily what this event was, and more details, i may have an answer.

But tomorrow

vishva

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10

I didn't ask what Karma is, i'm well aware what it is. What i asked was, how does 'Karma' go about 'creating' (for want of a better word) Down Syndrome?
Ok, i,ll post that up tomorrow

vishva

Cape Town

Moves
14 Jul 10

Ok, i feel like i,ve got only half the story, so if you know specifily what this event was, and more details, i may have an answer.
I am not asking you to make a judgement about a specific event. I am asking whether or not such an event is possible.

I was thinking along the lines of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease
which is the result of a single base pair being different in one location in a humans DNA.
but am not asking whether the cause in this case was a random event but whether it was possible for a random event to cause something of that nature.

F

Moves
14 Jul 10

Th ...[text shortened]... omeone is born with Down Syndrone, we can assume in their last life they were impious.

vishva
You are like a broken record going around sounding like, ork, ork, ork.

Everything you write is nothing more than goobly gook, and more goobly gook, and then even more goobly gook.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
14 Jul 10
1 edit

vishva
You are saying that everyone who are born suffering in this world deserves it.

You can't say that I "don't get it" as I grew up in an environment where I had this drummed into me. Most of my family believes in it (of which I also did years ago). My father has volumes of books on the subject of which has been preached to me throughout my life. I have since rejected it. Not out of rebellion, but through scientific learning and objective reasoning. I eventually found that it didn't make sense at all.

I can understand how overwhelming these dogmatic beliefs are.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
14 Jul 10

vishva
Sorry Vish, wrong again. I'm not entirely sure what you would call this simplistic law of 'natural punishment' that you refer to, but it is not Karma. The concept of Karma is quite clearly defined in Hinduism and Buddhism, and this is not it.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10

Originally posted by lausey
You are saying that everyone who are born suffering in this world deserves it.

You can't say that I "don't get it" as I grew up in an environment where I had this drummed into me. Most of my family believes in it (of which I also did years ago). My father has volumes of books on the subject of which has been preached to me throughout my life. I have since ...[text shortened]... didn't make sense at all.

I can understand how overwhelming these dogmatic beliefs are.
Your statement is a bit unclear, what family, and what drummed into you.

If you meant that "you deserve it" drummed into you, then i,ll proceed.

God is not a punisher or a judge, this is a christian/ muslim belief, and is erroneuos.

The world we live in has laws, and the scientists will tell you that they cannot be suspended, and this is correct.

There is the law of cause and affect, so when a person performs an activity, there must be a result/reaction, and the scientists will confirm this, that for every action, there is an equal and oppisite reaction.

In this world, people create their reality in 3 ways

through words
through deeds
through thoughts

Everytime you think something or speak something or do something, you are creating YOUR reality.

The conditions of the world that we find ourselves in, are not created by god, but they are created by man, and many people shake their fist at god, and say why did you do this, but god did nothing.

God cannot uncreate the world that man has created, but man can recreate what he has all ready created.

So if you are born with some defect, then its not so much you deserve that, but you created that.

The bottom line is, a person creates their reality, consciously, and unconsciously.

Vishva

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Sorry Vish, wrong again. I'm not entirely sure what you would call this simplistic law of 'natural punishment' that you refer to, but it is not Karma. The concept of Karma is quite clearly defined in Hinduism and Buddhism, and this is not it.
the word karma, has a broad array of interpretations.

Hinduism is a recent invention and so is buddhism, but the sanskrit language is the oldest in recorded history, and is the origional language for the origon of that word.

vishva

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
14 Jul 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am not asking you to make a judgement about a specific event. I am asking whether or not such an event is possible.

I was thinking along the lines of:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sickle-cell_disease
which is the result of a single base pair being different in one location in a humans DNA.
but am not asking whether the cause in this case was a random event but whether it was possible for a random event to cause something of that nature.
Yes the event is possible, and in that reguard any event is possible, but not without intelligence.

We live in a energy system, and everything is made of energy, and the intelligence in that system balances the system, in other words you dont get something for nothing, in other words if theres an aberation and it is benifical, it is also unbenifical in other ways.

vishva

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Jul 10

Ok, so Down Syndrome is a condition, and the conditions we find ourselves in, are the reality that we have created ourselves, so your really asking me how does this law of cause and affect create our conditions.

Well the spiritual energy which is omnipresent, is infinitely intelligent, and the law of cause and affect lends its self to that spiritual energy.

So cause and affect, being super intelligent, is always (and it never sleeps) in the process of balancing the energy system, and the process it does this by, is another inconceivable function of god.

I know your thinking thats a cop out, but the law of Karma, is very very complex, and I cant exsplain things at that level, and its enough to know the law is real, and exists.

If your asking me how the law (actually creates the Down Syndrome) then i dont know.

But i can add, that if the law requires a soul to exsperience the Down Syndrome condition, then it will arrange for the nescesary genes etc to show up in the birth of that person. (somehow)

A Story:
Anita Cobby was brutaly raped and murdered, ( why did god let that happen), well before she died, she had phychic reading done with a freind, and was told in her past life that she had killed someone.

vishva

Cape Town

Moves
15 Jul 10

Yes the event is possible, and in that reguard any event is possible, but not without intelligence.
So are you saying that intelligence is involved in everything?
If I throw a die, the resulting number is not random, but a result of intelligence?