1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:02
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Aye. Indeed, as an example, what is the "correct" (non-ridiculing way) to address stuff like:
    http://www.redhotchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=147854&page=1#post_2890805 ?
    I love you, too, Agerg. 😞
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 17:373 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I love you, too, Agerg. 😞
    Suzianne, we can respect your intelligence but not your sanity...this stuff is just bonkers - no way to keep a straight face when you hit us with this stuff!
    I mean, come on! How is a "Battle of Armageddon" waged by humans and the "Anti-Christ" against God and his agents any less risible than the belief Earth was created in 6 days 6000 years ago, and all the creatures of the earth got wiped out in a big old flood (except for Noah and 2 of every kind of animal (except the clean ones) packed into a little old ark) because some people in (Soddom?) were a bit naughty???

Moreover, it would worry me perhaps to learn what sort of preparations you're making for this event (which I recall you saying will happen in your lifetime). Have you already marked your atheist targets? Stocked up on guns and ammo yet???
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 19:54
    Suzianne, we can respect your intelligence but not your sanity...this stuff is just bonkers - no way to keep a straight face when you hit us with this stuff!
    I mean, come on! How is a "Battle of Armageddon" waged by humans and the "Anti-Christ" against God and his agents any less risible than the belief Earth was created in 6 days 6000 years ago, and all the ...[text shortened]... lifetime). Have you already marked your atheist targets? Stocked up on guns and ammo yet???
    Don't tell me you've never, ever heard of what I'm saying from anyone else; it's a commonly held belief among Christians. On the other hand, a lot of Christians out there aren't willing to believe something that takes them out of their comfort zone, like Zahlanzi, who claims to be a Christian (unless I misread something he just wrote within the last few days), and yet seems to have little understanding or belief in the Bible.

As for this event specifically, I'm not making preparations, since I don't believe I'll be around to see it. As part of the Tribulation, the guillotine will be making a comeback (perhaps in an updated version, "50 spots! no waiting!", maybe even TV coverage ) as thousands of Christians are killed for their beliefs (not millions; when faced with "worship the AntiChrist or die", or "take the Mark of the Beast or die", I'm sorry to say most modern Christians (millions) will submit). I won't be making it out the other side of a Christian Holocaust. So I don't plan on being around for the Battle of Armageddon, or the return of Christ at the end of it.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Aug '12 22:554 edits
    Don't tell me you've never, ever heard of what I'm saying from anyone else; it's a commonly held belief among Christians. On the other hand, a lot of Christians out there aren't willing to believe something that takes them out of their comfort zone, like Zahlanzi, who claims to be a Christian (unless I misread something he just wrote within the last few da around for the Battle of Armageddon, or the return of Christ at the end of it.
    Well I have heard it before but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. The supposed popularity of this tale doesn't make it any more credible (and unashamedly I'm prepared to paint lots of Christians as being deranged); indeed if we subscribe to that logic we'd be forced to conclude, given the sales rate and volume, that "Fifty Shades Of Grey" is a masterpiece of literature 😵

Ok...if not that "Biblical event" happens to be what you are specifically preparing for, then (drawing an inference here) - which are you preparing for? and how!?
    Also what in blazes makes you so convinced we'll be wanting to see you and your Christian "brothers & sisters" guillotined (or hung, or burnt, or tortured, or ...) by the thousands in the future!??? As I responded to you recently in another thread (which you may have missed) most atheists can't be arsed even considering the thought of getting their "revenge" for the atheists tortured and slaughtered by your kind back in the dark ages.

You've been done a dis-service by whoever or whatever filled your head with this Armageddon crap - indeed drop this brand of chite and you'd be well on your way to becoming a moderate (and consequently better respected) Christian. Tell me Suzianne, have you ever questioned this little facet of your belief? ever tried to argue to yourself why it is more credible than talking snakes!???
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 15:02
    Well I have heard it before but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. The supposed popularity of this tale doesn't make it any more credible (and unashamedly I'm prepared to paint lots of Christians as being deranged); indeed if we subscribe to that logic we'd be forced to conclude, given the sales rate and volume, that "Fifty Shades Of Grey" is a masterpi ...[text shortened]... ever tried to argue to yourself why it is more credible than talking snakes!???
    Well I have heard it before but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. The supposed popularity of this tale doesn't make it any more credible (and unashamedly I'm prepared to paint lots of Christians as being deranged); indeed if we subscribe to that logic we'd be forced to conclude, given the sales rate and volume, that "Fifty Shades Of Grey" is a masterpiece of literature 😵
    Well, you were just acting like it was the single most preposterous thing you've ever heard, that's all. I'm guessing you don't believe in UFOs, either. Or ghosts. Or anything else on the fringes of human experience. I'm just saying I'm not all that weird. Lots and lots of Christians believe all this I've been saying, most of them also throw in the Rapture as well. It's pretty common, it's part and parcel of being a Christian for most of us.
    Ok...if not that "Biblical event" happens to be what you are specifically preparing for, then (drawing an inference here) - which are you preparing for? and how!?
    Also what in blazes makes you so convinced we'll be wanting to see you and your Christian "brothers & sisters" guillotined (or hung, or burnt, or tortured, or ...) by the thousands in the future!??? As I responded to you recently in another thread (which you may have missed) most atheists can't be arsed even considering the thought of getting their "revenge" for the atheists tortured and slaughtered by your kind back in the dark ages.
    I'm not saying you and your atheist pals will be anxiously buying up tickets to see this Christian carnage. The driving force behind this Christian Holocaust will be the AntiChrist, not necessarily people who are atheists now. However, now that you mention it, there are specific atheists on this site who are so wrapped up in their hatred and/or fear of what Christians might do as a result of their "dangerous beliefs", that it doesn't really sound too bizarre to imagine cheering from some of them.
    And I'm not "specifically" preparing for anything at the moment (except maybe an extended holiday I'll be taking in September). All I can realistically do is what I've been doing -- going to church and bringing as many people as I can to Christ.
    You've been done a dis-service by whoever or whatever filled your head with this Armageddon crap - indeed drop this brand of chite and you'd be well on your way to becoming a moderate (and consequently better respected) Christian. Tell me Suzianne, have you ever questioned this little facet of your belief? ever tried to argue to yourself why it is more credible than talking snakes!???
    Oh, goodie, my first plea/invitation/threat to abandon my faith. That ain't gonna happen, brother. Why would I question any facet of my belief? It was not arrived at by throwing darts at a dartboard, or pulling numbers out of a hat, as you suggest. Faith is a miraculous thing. I wish you could experience it firsthand.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:01
    Don't tell me you've never, ever heard of what I'm saying from anyone else; it's a commonly held belief among Christians. On the other hand, a lot of Christians out there aren't willing to believe something that takes them out of their comfort zone, like Zahlanzi, who claims to be a Christian (unless I misread something he just wrote within the last few da ...[text shortened]... around for the Battle of Armageddon, or the return of Christ at the end of it.
    Is one of these you?

http://www.bricktestament.com/revelation/god_burns_remaining_humans_to_death/rv20_04.html
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Is one of these you?

http://www.bricktestament.com/revelation/god_burns_remaining_humans_to_death/rv20_04.html
    You speak of the "martyrs for Christ". Maybe so.

But what's with the misleading "god burns remaining humans to death" title?
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:37
    Revelation 20:9 But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:47
    It's pretty common, it's part and parcel of being a Christian for most of us.
    I think you will find that a minority of Christians actually take it literally.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 18:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think you will find that a minority of Christians actually take it literally.
    That's precisely why a majority of Christians will worship the Beast and take his mark and turn their heads while the minority of Christians are killed for their beliefs.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 19:04
    That's precisely why a majority of Christians will worship the Beast and take his mark and turn their heads while the minority of Christians are killed for their beliefs.
    Persecution is a really appealing concept isn't it?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Revelation 20:9 But fire came down from heaven and consumed them.
    ok, yes, you're talking about the humans who are on the Earth after the Millenium and are lost to God in Satan's second deception. They're not all of the remaining humans, just most.

This has almost nothing to do with the "martyrs for Christ" you were talking about earlier.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Persecution is a really appealing concept isn't it?
    Not really.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 19:10
    You contradict yourself:

I'm just saying I'm not all that weird. Lots and lots of Christians believe all this I've been saying, most of them also throw in the Rapture as well. It's pretty common, it's part and parcel of being a Christian for most of us.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Aug '12 20:051 edit
    You contradict yourself:

I'm just saying I'm not all that weird. Lots and lots of Christians believe all this I've been saying, most of them also throw in the Rapture as well. It's pretty common, it's part and parcel of being a Christian for [b]most of us.
    [/b]
    I had always assumed most Christians believe these things as I do. As a matter of fact, I've heard more than a few sermons about the "last days" warning us of the Tribulation to come, warning us of the AntiChrist, warning us of the mark of the Beast. The fact is that I haven't heard one of these types of sermons for years now. twhitehead just said to me, "I think you will find that a minority of Christians actually take it literally." Unfortunately, this may be true. This is part of the general apostasy facing the church today. People want their long weekends by the pool in the summertime and have little use for "scary stories" about Satan and what may be coming. Too bad, this will only lead most of them down the road into submitting to the Beast and fully and completely losing them their place in Heaven.

Mat 7:13 ¶ Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

No doubt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree