1. Not Kansas
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 22:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If a man speaks alone in a forest, is he still wrong?
    I like this joke.
    Let's try it again for our enthusiastic friend.
    If a man speaks alone in a forest, without a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 22:46
    Originally posted by Coletti
    Wow! You sure are quick to assume he's damned! Is that what comes from having a "free will"?
    I prefer not to use the term "damned" when discussing theology. It's more of an exclamation as in "well, I'll be damned!" Theologically I prefer to use the term "broken" as that is our universal lot in life. It also has more connotations for hope and community.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 22:47
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I like this joke.
    Let's try it again for our enthusiastic friend.
    If a man speaks alone in a forest, without a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
    if an Austrailian speaks in the Bush,is his voice muffled?
  4. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 22:48
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Where do you draw the line?
    A racist cop was driving in his patrol car when to his horror he saw a black man driving a brand new BMW.He pulled the black man over and got him out of the car."See this"the cop said as he drew a circle in the ground with his batton."stand in the circle and don't move".

"Right"said the cop"is this your car?""Yes....that's my car"said the black man.This made the cop angry as the molecular structure of his brain could not fathom how a black man could own a car so much better than his.In a rage he took to the car with his batton till his anger at the black man subsided.

He turned in his pride towards the black man but got an unwanted response as the black man seemed to be holding back some laughter."Is this your car?"sternly asked the cop."Yes....hehe...that's my car"replied the black man".Ahhhhhh!!!screamed the cop as he ran at the car booting in the panels and jumping up and down on the roof."Is this your car"screamed the cop.

As hard as he tried the black man could not answer....as he was rolling around on the ground laughing his head off."What the hell are you doing rolling around laughing when I've just written off your brand new BMW?"asked the cop.The black man replied"Well....every time you beat up my car....I stepped out of the circle and had a dance."
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 05:02
    So you base your interpretation of right and wrong on your own thinking? You also believe that your thinking has evolved by random chance, is that right? So what makes you trust your own thinking?
    My interpretation is that you are a complete fool. But that interpretation is not something that evolved by random chance. No, it was driven home repeatedly and methodically by your never ending litany of foolish posts. They truly boggle the mind.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 10:37
    Originally posted by rwingett
    My interpretation is that you are a complete fool. But that interpretation is not something that evolved by random chance. No, it was driven home repeatedly and methodically by your never ending litany of foolish posts. They truly boggle the mind.
    But that interpretation is not something that evolved by random chance.

I suppose things only evolve when it suits you. 😉
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 12:58
    If you hurt someone (or something) else, physically or feelings... you are doing wrong. If you feel guilty about something, you might be doing wrong... unless it is something natural that you were taught is wrong by society or religion.

P-
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 13:02
    [b] But that interpretation is not something that evolved by random chance.

I suppose things only evolve when it suits you. 😉[/b]
    It would suit me very well if you would evolve beyond your current medieval views and into the 21st century.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 13:04
    Kansas City taking two from Sox is Wrong. If Sox don't sweep Tigers, that would just be plain wrong.

P-
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 13:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Kansas City taking two from Sox is Wrong. If Sox don't sweep Tigers, that would just be plain wrong.

P-
    God will smite you down if you talk like that.
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 13:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    God will smite you down if you talk like that.
    I didn't expect Him to stop with the Tigers...

P-
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 02:30
    Where do you draw the line?
    >What is the line we draw for?Do we cut off certain people from our love and support because we judge them as wrong.Mabey our our lack of intelligence stops us from helping those who really need it.

>Personally I like people who are way different as it makes for a more interesting day.I guess their lines are drawn different based on their own life experiences which I believe is a god thing as this diversity of life provides more people with help.If you love people which society hates then you proberbly will be be hated the same.Hence....Good people also suffer.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    30 Aug '05 07:00
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    >What is the line we draw for?Do we cut off certain people from our love and support because we judge them as wrong.Mabey our our lack of intelligence stops us from helping those who really need it.

>Personally I like people who are way different as it makes for a more interesting day.I guess their lines are drawn different based on their own life ex ...[text shortened]... ich society hates then you proberbly will be be hated the same.Hence....Good people also suffer.
    What is the line we draw for?

I am refering to each individual. Where, and how should each individual draw the line as to what is right and what is wrong in their own life?

Personally I don't have to draw any lines because God has drawn the line in His Word. I am just interested to hear where and how other people draw the line between right and wrong...
  14. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '05 19:21
    [b]What is the line we draw for?

I am refering to each individual. Where, and how should each individual draw the line as to what is right and what is wrong in their own life?

Personally I don't have to draw any lines because God has drawn the line in His Word. I am just interested to hear where and how other people draw the line between right and wrong...[/b]
    If your able to draw a line between right and wrong then you naturally draw it.If you cannot draw a line today then you can work to a future line.If you gonna draw lines in your relationship with other people then mabey you should consider holding that pencil upsidedown.Hehe.
  15. Joined
    17 Jan '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '05 00:20
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you hurt someone (or something) else, physically or feelings... you are doing wrong. If you feel guilty about something, you might be doing wrong... unless it is something natural that you were taught is wrong by society or religion.

P-
    If my Granddad came face to face with Hitler in world war two and called him an arsehole and/or shot him dead, I would not believe he did anything wrong. On the contrary.

The philosophy of right or wrong is not as simple as your post suggests - I wish it were.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree