1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 09:47
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Then what do you think about the instance of [b]Numbers 20:7-12 about God scolding Moses for giving the people misrepresentation of the Divine heart there.

Why does it say that Moses and Aaron did not believe ?[/b]
    Why do you use the term "Divine heart" and why do you capitalise the D?
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 09:53
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-dukeI
    knew he would scratch the itch.
    Can you be clear.Yes no maybe.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 11:03
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Can you be clear.Yes no maybe.
    Perhaps if you clarified the question.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 21:392 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Why do you use the term "Divine heart" and why do you capitalise the D?
    I probably capitalize often because I love God.
    He is important to me and I so habitually convey this importance to the Forum.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 21:55
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    No.

I was actually thinking back to when you called another Christian stupid, and rather than doing the Christian thing and apologise, instead provided biblical passages to try and evidence it was okay to say such a thing.

Do you think this was an example of 'Right words of God, but the wrong spirit?' (Or as you said ' twisting of the words of God' with the wrong spirit? )

I said you wouldn't like it.
    Its not that bad.

I have been at fault in the matter of having a wrong spirit while talking about the Bible many times.

If you go back to the offending exchange, I am sure that you'll find that something ill tempered and insulting was first written to me or something insulting towards some what I wrote.

I was wrong to return evil for evil.
    And it probably won't be the last time.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 22:01
    The ROCK from which life giving water came out is Christ in symbol.
    Not says me. So says the New Testament.

Christ only had to be crucified ONCE.
    He only had to be under the judging authority of God to condemn sin one time.
    And the Spirit was released to us.

Ever after we only need to SPEAK to receive the Spirit. His work of being judged on our behalf does not need to be repeated again and again. His work of redemption under the judgment of God was a finished work accomplished once and for all.

Forever after, we only need to SPEAK to this resurrected and ascended One for divine life to flow to us and in us.

The Hebrew word for rock in the second instance, in Numbers is another word for rock in Exodus. The word has the meaning of lifted up and therefore must symbolize Jesus Christ in ascension at the right hand of God in heaven.

This is the One we SPEAK to who died once and for all.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 07:31
    Its not that bad.

I have been at fault in the matter of having a wrong spirit while talking about the Bible many times.

If you go back to the offending exchange, I am sure that you'll find that something ill tempered and insulting was first written to me or something insulting towards some what I wrote.

And it probably won't be the last time.
    You not think 'turning the other cheek' is a Christian quality worth mastering?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 07:472 edits
    I probably capitalize often because I love God.
    He is important to me and I so habitually convey this importance to the Forum.
    It's an odd, non-biblical phase and it seems even odder to capitalise it just to show how much you love your God.

Edit: In fact I see it is used a lot in Catholicism and Eastern religious practice. I knew it didn't feel right.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Aug '17 07:49
    You think it was "evil" to call another poster stupid?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree