1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    03 Apr '14 12:14
    Because of this earthquake in Chili they were talking about the ring of fire. They said march had 1700+ earthquake on the ring of fire. That is an average of 26 minutes and 15.52 seconds.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    03 Apr '14 12:17
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Because of this earthquake in Chili they were talking about the ring of fire. They said march had 1700+ earthquake on the ring of fire. That is an average of 26 minutes and 15.52 seconds.
    There are small quakes everywhere, all the time.
    And there are big quakes here and there, now and then.
    What kind of quakes do you mean?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    03 Apr '14 12:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There are small quakes everywhere, all the time.
    And there are big quakes here and there, now and then.
    What kind of quakes do you mean?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_Fire
    All over the top picture on the site you posted. The pacific.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    03 Apr '14 12:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    All over the top picture on the site you posted. The pacific.
    The pacific quakes? Are they any different from any other quakes elsewhere?
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    274
    03 Apr '14 12:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Because of this earthquake in Chili they were talking about the ring of fire. They said march had 1700+ earthquake on the ring of fire. That is an average of 26 minutes and 15.52 seconds.
    Who is 'they'?

    As FabianFnas says, there are earthquakes going on all the time, all over the place. That number is meaningless without context. Specifically, Is 1700 unusual in the area?

    --- Penguin
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    03 Apr '14 13:062 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Who is 'they'?

    As FabianFnas says, there are earthquakes going on all the time, all over the place. That number is meaningless without context. Specifically, Is 1700 unusual in the area?

    --- Penguin
    The "ring of fire" extends all the way up the coast from southern South America, up to Alaska, back across and down to Japan and going south all the way to Antarctica and then meeting back up with South America, the movement of the continents shoving each other around, those are major boundaries of contact so there are more earthquakes in that huge circle than anywhere else on Earth.

    Is there supposed to be some connection with spirituality here?

    Seems this should reside in Science.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    03 Apr '14 13:09
    Saw again on the news 1700+ in a week not a month. Every 5 minutes and 55.76 seconds on average.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    03 Apr '14 13:301 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Saw again on the news 1700+ in a week not a month. Every 5 minutes and 55.76 seconds on average.
    Doesn't make sense...
    A quake less than Richter scale 2.0 gives continual or several million quakes per year.
    On the other hand a quake from 9.0 and up gives one quake every 10 to 50 years.
    ...according to wikipedia.

    So what are you talking about? 1700+ quakes? Exactly 5 minutes and 55 seconds and further 76 hundredths of a second? I don't understand...

    But I am sure that you will show us the spiritual significance soon.
  9. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    03 Apr '14 13:48
    http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    I believe this one shows quakes from magnitude 1.0 upwards.

    Its good to see theists taking an interest in science.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    03 Apr '14 14:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    I believe this one shows quakes from magnitude 1.0 upwards.

    Its good to see theists taking an interest in science.
    Can you even FEEL a mag 1 quake? And I still don't see the significance of posting here in spiritual. Is the gist, God did it?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    03 Apr '14 14:35
    "For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
    All these are the beginning of sorrows." -- Matthew 24:7-8, KJV

    Okay, *now* can we shut up about "posting by the rules"? Get the knot out of your panties, please. Freakin' sticks-in-the-mud. 😠
  12. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    03 Apr '14 15:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Can you even FEEL a mag 1 quake?
    If you are close enough, yes. Its a little less than the blasting done during construction, quarrying or mining (which you can feel).
    So its probable that that map is not showing all 1.0 events as it should be lit up with all the construction and mining going on around the world.

    And I still don't see the significance of posting here in spiritual. Is the gist, God did it?
    Whenever there is a large quake, some people make the mistake of thinking that earthquakes are increasing in frequency - and relating it to the verse Suzzie quotes.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    03 Apr '14 15:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If you are close enough, yes. Its a little less than the blasting done during construction, quarrying or mining (which you can feel).
    So its probable that that map is not showing all 1.0 events as it should be lit up with all the construction and mining going on around the world.

    [b]And I still don't see the significance of posting here in spiritual. ...[text shortened]... nking that earthquakes are increasing in frequency - and relating it to the verse Suzzie quotes.
    The verse I quoted is not concerned with an increase in frequency so much as their occurrence in "divers(e) places", even showing up where few if any have been recorded before.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52617
    03 Apr '14 15:592 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The verse I quoted is not concerned with an increase in frequency so much as their occurrence in "divers(e) places", even showing up where few if any have been recorded before.
    So it is supposed to be one of the indicators of the 'end days'?

    Seems like a poor indication of end days if so since there are millions of the suckers every year, never stops, so as an end day canary it sucks🙂

    I assume you know what causes earthquakes, right?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    03 Apr '14 16:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So it is supposed to be one of the indicators of the 'end days'?

    Seems like a poor indication of end days if so since there are millions of the suckers every year, never stops, so as an end day canary it sucks🙂

    I assume you know what causes earthquakes, right?
    Yes, I am fully aware of plate tectonics. I guess that means to you that I am not your average Christian. And yes, taken alone, it certainly is a poor indicator of "end times".

    I quoted the verse mainly to forestall all this questioning about "why is this thread in Spirituality at all?" I would hope that the veterans of the Spirituality forum aren't quite as close-minded as the veterans of the Science forum when it comes to "cross-posting" issues. I see no reason why this cannot be discussed here. Let's not adopt the "Gestapo tactics" in this forum too.
Back to Top