Rituals, gods etc for getting employed

Rituals, gods etc for getting employed

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 05

I am looking for any kind of rituals and supernatural beings on which I can placate which are supposed to have power over getting work. I'm having a really hard time getting a job and I really need one. I'd like to learn about such supernatural beliefs as well as focus my concious and subconcious mind on the task through ritual. Anyone know anything good?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
22 Oct 05

There is always the almighty god usually know simply as HR, a deity usually placated by lying on your resume and talking about faults that are really positives. It is also driven wild by expensive clothing, but is lukewarm to any people actually qualified to work but are crappy at kissing butt. Good luck with your job search. I have two degrees and find myself back in school once again because of my inability to find decent work.

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
22 Oct 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I am looking for any kind of rituals and supernatural beings on which I can placate which are supposed to have power over getting work. I'm having a really hard time getting a job and I really need one. I'd like to learn about such supernatural beliefs as well as focus my concious and subconcious mind on the task through ritual. Anyone know anything good?
Taxi!

C

Earth Prime

Moves
22 Oct 05

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
I have two degrees and find myself back in school once again because of my inability to find decent work.
god I'm screwed. I should just give up now.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 05

Originally posted by Coconut
god I'm screwed. I should just give up now.
You unemployed too Coco?

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
22 Oct 05

There is only one thing you need and that is persistance.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 05

Originally posted by Jay Peatea
There is only one thing you need and that is persistance.
Can you elaborate?

I've been sending out resumes and I've gotten a few interviews but no luck. Should I just keep firing out resumes in mass?

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
22 Oct 05

Can you elaborate?

I've been sending out resumes and I've gotten a few interviews but no luck. Should I just keep firing out resumes in mass?
yes of course, also if possible you should fine tune your resume for each job. Certainly you should get somebody professional to take a look at it and give you advise. You might also need advise on how to brush up your interviewing skills etc... Finally a good way to get a permanent job is too go & work for an agency doing tempoary work. Look for one that deals in your particular area of skill, as often temporary jobs can lead to permanent ones.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
22 Oct 05

Can you elaborate?

Sure, also try checking the newspaper, checking the job hunter websites, brushing up on your interviewing skills, and of coarse praying sincerely.

Good luck. 🙂

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Oct 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Sure, also try checking the newspaper, checking the job hunter websites, brushing up on your interviewing skills, and of coarse praying sincerely.

Good luck. 🙂
Why do you think prayer would make a difference? Does God intervene to help Christians get jobs if they pray?

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
22 Oct 05

Why do you think prayer would make a difference? Does God intervene to help Christians get jobs if they pray?
Of coarse it doesn't help directly, but indirectly it may help as the act of prayer, is a way of accepting any fears or anxiety you may have over the item that you are praying. This in turn helps you relax and thus your performance in doing whatever task it is should improve.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
22 Oct 05

Yes, as well as Buddhists, and Hindus, and even atheists who give it a shot (sincerely that is). The power of prayer is one of God’s greatest gifts to us. USE IT MAN! 😀

TCE

Colorado

Moves
22 Oct 05

Of coarse it doesn't help directly...
I disagree. Every great religion stresses the importance of prayer. "Ask and yee shall recieve" is just one among many verses I could use.

JP

R.I.P.

Moves
22 Oct 05
2 edits

Originally posted by The Chess Express
I disagree. Every great religion stresses the importance of prayer. "Ask and yee shall recieve" is just one among many verses I could use.
OK course they would, as long as you truely believe in whatever the ritual it is, you are passing on your anxiety, therefore you are more relaxed, and better able to perform & concentrate. Which should improve you chances of being successful or being aware of more opportunities to be successful.

Can you give any good examples where god has answered some ones prayers directly ?

Edit :- Ask yourself this question. If you did nothing but prayed sincerely to get a job, what percentage chance do you rate your likelyhood of getting one ?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
22 Oct 05
2 edits

OK course they would, as long as you truely believe in whatever the ritual it is, you are passing on your anxiety, therefore you are more relaxed, and better able to perform & concentrate. Which should improve you chances of being successful or being aware of more opportunities to be successful.

Can you give any good examples where god has answered so ...[text shortened]... ayed sincerely to get a job, what percentage chance do you rate your likelyhood of getting one ?
Can you give any good examples where god has answered some ones prayers directly

There are so many examples of this I wouldn’t know where to begin. I’ll briefly relate a story that is on a video I have called “Angel Stories.”

Jone Wester Anderson author of “Where Angels Walk” lives in Connecticut. Usually her son Tim who lives in Indiana visits her and her husband for Christmas.

One Christmas the weather turned bad. She called her son the day before to tell him to stay home, but of coarse he laughed it off. Well, disaster struck. He broke down outside of Fort Wayne Indiana on a deserted access road. It was 32 below in the middle of the night, and he was going to freeze to death.

Jone, who was home worrying all this time, prayed deeply to God to send someone to help her son. She prayed at about 12:45 a.m.

Tim noticed a tow truck pull up behind him, and the driver hitched him up and towed him back to town. When he turned around to thank and pay the driver the truck was gone along with any tracks.

When he finally made it to Jones house, he related the story to her. The Tow truck showed up at 1:45 eastern time. This was the same time that Jone had prayed.

Jone called the local highway patrol but they had nobody outside of town on that night, nor had any of the tow truck companies. This was before cell phones, and it was too dangerous.

You haven’t stated what country you live in, but in America we have a TV program called “It’s a Miracle” that is basically all about true stories like this.

Edit :- Ask yourself this question. If you did nothing but prayed sincerely to get a job, what percentage chance do you rate your likelyhood of getting one ?

Good point. See my “Grace vs. Self-Effort” thread. Note that in the story there was nothing that Tim could have done (except listen to his mother 😉)

Cheers.