Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 18:47
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Singing to the choir, my friend.

Or did you [b]really
    think I did not know this?

My point is that The Episcopal Church ordains women and has a woman as their current Presiding Bishop, while the CoE does not.[/b]
    Based on his own self-study RJH believes ignorance is the human norm.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 19:05
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Based on his own self-study RJH believes ignorance is the human norm.
    Only for atheists. 😏

YouTube&feature=related
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 02:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Was Adam and Eve Neanderthals?
    Apparently, we may have a little bit (<3 😵 of Neanderthal in our genetic make-up, due to cross-breeding back in the day. Though, recent research in the last few months notes that we could have this similar genetic material to Neanderthal without interbreeding because it would be expected to arise anyway.

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/research-raises-doubts-about-whether-modern-humans-and-neanderthals-interbred/
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '12 13:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Singing to the choir, my friend.

Or did you [b]really
    think I did not know this?

My point is that The Episcopal Church ordains women and has a woman as their current Presiding Bishop, while the CoE does not.[/b]
    Well kudo's to you and your church! The only thing I see here is why does it take 2000 frigging years for something like that to happen? And 4000 years to get a female pope if it is up to the Catholic church.

The thing I see here is this came about not from a missive from a god but from the concerted efforts of people committed to equality and for that I commend them.

The world badly needs all the intellectual help it can get considering the dire straights the world is in right now.

If things like that had happened from day one, there would have been a lot more persuasive argument for the religious thing to have actually have been inspired by a god.

As it is, all it shows me is 1, it's about time and 2, none of it came from a god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree