1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 05:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Don't overlook the fact that God may have a different opinion from you and your so-called Yerties. 😏
    Hinds, you are absolutely unique. I have never in my whole life met anyone so trenchantly impervious to both common sense and well-meant advice.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 08:39
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Hinds, you are absolutely unique. I have never in my whole life met anyone so trenchantly impervious to both common sense and well-meant advice.
    Good for you. 😏
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 10:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Here in the US, people who have served their time in prison are considered to have paid their debt to society.
    Not true in the slightest.

8 states do not allow you to vote without a petition even after serving your time and parole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement#Classifications

And that is only one of the many restrictions people face after serving time.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 11:271 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not true in the slightest.

8 states do not allow you to vote without a petition even after serving your time and parole.

You are talking about people who have been convicted and served time in prison for certain crimes that are against the law. That was not me. 😏
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 17:19
    You are talking about people who have been convicted and served time in prison for certain crimes that are against the law. That was not me. 😏
    Yes, I was not talking about you. I was merely pointing out to Suzy that she is mistaken about how forgiving her country is.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 22:23
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Some states prohibit convicted and released felons from owning or using firearms.

My brother took up deer hunting with bow and arrows (a rifle was off-limits) after his sojourn in the chicken-wire hotel.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 07:421 edit
    Some states prohibit convicted and released felons from owning or using firearms.

My brother took up deer hunting with bow and arrows (a rifle was off-limits) after his sojourn in the chicken-wire hotel.
    Good for him. 😏
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 19:47
    Good for him. 😏
    Yes, I can respect a hunter with bow and arrows more than one with a 30-06. You have to get a lot closer to your prey, which requires considerably better stalking skills.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Nov '15 14:591 edit
    Yes, I can respect a hunter with bow and arrows more than one with a 30-06. You have to get a lot closer to your prey, which requires considerably better stalking skills.
    Yeah, a hunter like David with a slingshot is even better. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree