1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 08:02
    Still forum banned or shamed into submission?
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Oct '15 08:58
    I am presuming that the ban was for a month.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Oct '15 09:00
    Russ's post on 28th September: "The offending thread has gone now, and the original creator of the thread has had posting privileges removed for a short while for using these forums to post his extreme views, and little else. Long overdue, you may think, but generally people are entitled to post their views without interference (it would not be much of a debates forum if they couldn't)."
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 09:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Russ's post on 28th September: "The offending thread has gone now, and the original creator of the thread has had posting privileges removed for a short while for using these forums to post his extreme views, and little else. Long overdue, you may think, but generally people are entitled to post their views without interference (it would not be much of a debates forum if they couldn't)."
    A month in the cooler is harsh.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Oct '15 09:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A month in the cooler is harsh.
    A ban "for using these forums to post his extreme views, and little else" does not get my endorsement - I don't want somebody else deciding what extreme views I get to see or not see - although I can understand a ban being imposed specifically for deliberate derogatory sexual insult(s) directed at cassaid4.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 11:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    A ban "for using these forums to post his extreme views, and little else" does not get my endorsement - I don't want somebody else deciding what extreme views I get to see or not see - although I can understand a ban being imposed specifically for deliberate derogatory sexual insult(s) directed at cassaid4.
    It is interesting that that post was not removed for some time after it was posted and until quite a furor was whipped up; and yet complaints about RJHinds posting methods have been running for years.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    21 Oct '15 11:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It is interesting that that post was not removed for some time after it was posted and until quite a furor was whipped up; and yet complaints about RJHinds posting methods have been running for years.
    I have always pictured Russ as being like the character Cleaver Greene - played by Richard Roxburgh - in the Aussie TV series "Rake".
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Joined
    02 Aug '11
    Moves
    8824
    21 Oct '15 12:06
    I never even realised Pasta Hinds was being offensive.
    I read a lot of his stuff and it was just business as usual.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 13:08
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    I never even realised Pasta Hinds was being offensive.
    I read a lot of his stuff and it was just business as usual.
    He drove the nerds in the "Science" forum nuts.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 13:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have always pictured Russ as being like the character Cleaver Greene - played by Richard Roxburgh - in the Aussie TV series "Rake".
    Having had a quick look I can see what you may be getting at.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8523
    21 Oct '15 17:45
    Will Hinds return a changed man?
    Will his first post contain a youtube link?
    Will he still say 'evilutionists?'
    Will the world now be 6000 years old and one month?

    So many questions...
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    78543
    21 Oct '15 17:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He drove the nerds in the "Science" forum nuts.
    He was quite funny until about six months or a year ago. While he restricted himself to Spirituality and Evilution he was ok., but he started posting in Debates and he started talking about politics.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    21 Oct '15 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    He was quite funny until about six months or a year ago. While he restricted himself to Spirituality and Evilution he was ok., but he started posting in Debates and he started talking about politics.
    From a "content restriction" POV there is nothing he says that I object to; but don't confuse that with not arguing with him. It's his methodology I object to; endless unqualified video links and smug smilies indicating "I'm not listening".

    Edit: Mr Hinds, if you are reading these posts, I hope you consider your approach.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    8523
    22 Oct '15 16:50
    Originally posted by divegeester
    From a "content restriction" POV there is nothing he says that I object to; but don't confuse that with not arguing with him. It's his methodology I object to; endless unqualified video links and smug smilies indicating "I'm not listening".

    Edit: Mr Hinds, if you are reading these posts, I hope you consider your approach.
    Not only is he reading these posts, he is giving them all a thumbs down.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86348
    25 Oct '15 05:19
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not only is he reading these posts, he is giving them all a thumbs down.
    That's more likely to be Suzianne.
Back to Top