1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 03:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus did not look different every time. The Holy Bible does not say that.
    Jesus kept them from recognizing Him until He was ready for them to
    recognize him. Let me give you an example.

So it was, while they conversed and reasoned, that Jesus Himself drew
    near and went with them. But their eyes were restrained, so that they
    did not know Him. (Luk ...[text shortened]... could not
    have ascended into heaven with the same body by which He appeared
    to the disciples.
    Many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. (Mark 16:5-7) Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive. Once He even had the apostle Thomas put his hand into the hole in His side so that Thomas would believe that He had actually been resurrected. (John 20:24-27) Does this not prove that Christ was raised alive in the same body in which he was put to death?
    No, it does not. The Bible is very clear when it says: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins . . . , he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.” (1 Peter 3:18) Humans with flesh-and-blood bodies cannot live in heaven. Of the resurrection to heavenly life, the Bible says: “It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. . . . flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 15:44-50) Only spirit persons with spiritual bodies can live in heaven.
    Well, then, what happened to Jesus’ fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus’ body. Why did God do this? It fulfilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:31) Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus’ body, even as he had done before with Moses’ body. (Deuteronomy 34:5, 6) Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus’ disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, since at that time they did not fully appreciate spiritual things.
    But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus’ side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past. In order to convince Thomas of who He was, He used a body with wound holes. He appeared, or seemed to be, fully human, able to eat and drink, just as did the angels that Abraham once entertained.—Genesis 18:8; Hebrews 13:2.
    While Jesus appeared to Thomas in a body similar to the one in which He was put to death, He also took on different bodies when appearing to His followers. Thus Mary Magdalene at first thought that Jesus was a gardener. At other times his disciples did not at first recognize him. In these instances it was not his personal appearance that served to identify him, but it was some word or action that they recognized.—John 20:14-16; 21:6, 7; Luke 24:30, 31.
    For 40 days after his resurrection, Jesus made appearances in a fleshly body to his disciples. (Acts 1:3) Then he left for heaven. But some may ask: ‘Did not the two angels present tell the apostles that Christ “will come thus in the same manner as you have beheld him going into the sky”?’ (Acts 1:11) Yes, they did. But notice that they said “in the same manner,” not in the same body. And what was the manner of Jesus’ leaving? It was quiet, without public display. Only his apostles knew about it. The world did not.
    Consider how the Bible describes the manner in which Jesus left his apostles on his way to heaven: “While they were looking on, he was lifted up and a cloud caught him up from their vision.” (Acts 1:9) So when Jesus began going into the sky, a cloud hid him from the literal eyesight of his apostles. The departing Jesus, therefore, became invisible to them. They could not see him. Then in his spiritual body he ascended to heaven. (1 Peter 3:18) Thus his return also would be invisible, in a spiritual body.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 06:131 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. (Mark 16:5-7) Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive. Once He even had the apostle Thomas put his hand into the hole ...[text shortened]... ascended to heaven. (1 Peter 3:18) Thus his return also would be invisible, in a spiritual body.
    You are so full of crap I have a hard time stopping my laughter to reply.
    I can't take it any more. It is just too funny. Good night. 😀
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 07:23
    You know what it means when it says Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom? it means it can't be inherited by the means of flesh and blood not that flesh and blood could not be in heaven. Once again where is heaven? It's not in this realm. It could be in another dimension for all we know. I think it's outside of time and space but I don't really know that. I believe Jesus is in a flesh body that is glorified and I believe HE still bears the scars. The savior Sovereign is seen as if slain by John in the book of revelation.

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 07:28
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. (Mark 16:5-7) Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive. Once He even had the apostle Thomas put his hand into the hole ...[text shortened]... ascended to heaven. (1 Peter 3:18) Thus his return also would be invisible, in a spiritual body.
    It also says this same Jesus whom you saw ascend will return in the same manner.

The Ascension

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11 They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Manny
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 14:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    It also says this same Jesus whom you saw ascend will return in the same manner.

The Ascension

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11 They ...[text shortened]... heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”

Manny
    But then every eye shall see Him.

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him,
    even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will
    mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

(Revelation 1:7 NKJV)
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 15:01
    I don't see how he was raised as a spirit when Thomas touched Jesus's side?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 15:54
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I don't see how he was raised as a spirit when Thomas touched Jesus's side?
    Also when Jesus appeared to the other disciples earlier, He actually
    assures them He was not a spirit.

Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of
    them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” But they were terrified and
    frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.

And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts
    arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself.
    Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you
    see I have.”

When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. But
    while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them,
    “Have you any food here?” So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish
    and some honeycomb. And He took it and ate in their presence.
    (Luke 24:36-43 NKJV)

Why would a spirit want to eat fish or some honeycomb?
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 05:33
    But then every eye shall see Him.

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him,
    even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will
    mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

(Revelation 1:7 NKJV)
    Amen and yes it does 😉
  9. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 12:38
    You are so full of crap I have a hard time stopping my laughter to reply.
    I can't take it any more. It is just too funny. Good night. 😀
    and your comments are just like an ass that is in good need of a wipe...
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Dec '11 15:08
    Originally posted by nook7
    and your comments are just like an ass that is in good need of a wipe...
    Are you saying I'm talking too much like Jim Carrey?

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree