Roast Chicken for dinner

Roast Chicken for dinner

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Rain

Moves
31 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Read the Holy Bible all the way through and study what Christian theologians
have commented on each verse. Then, I am sure, you could do a much
better job of accurately describing God than I am able to do with my single
comment.
So, would Jesus eat out every night, rather than give his extra cash to help the needy?

Any Christian who spends spare cash on luxuries is a hypocrite. Maybe you ought to read your Holy Bible, and not just the parts that boost your ego.

rc

Moves
31 Aug 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Soothfast
So, would Jesus eat out every night, rather than give his extra cash to help the needy?

Any Christian who spends spare cash on luxuries is a hypocrite. Maybe you ought to read your Holy Bible, and not just the parts that boost your ego.
Its quite interesting, when expensive oil was poured upon his head (Jesus) the
disciples chastised the lady who did it, because it could have been sold to help the
less fortunate for it was very expensive oil, a labourers wages for an entire year.
Jesus rebuked them and told them to leave her alone.

(Mark 14:3-6) . . .And while he was at Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as
he was reclining at the meal, a woman came with an alabaster case of perfumed oil,
genuine nard, very expensive. Breaking open the alabaster case she began to pour
it upon his head. At this there were some expressing indignation among themselves:
“Why has this waste of the perfumed oil taken place?  For this perfumed oil could
have been sold for upward of three hundred denarii and been given to the poor!”
And they were feeling great displeasure at her.  But Jesus said: “Let her alone. Why
do you try to make trouble for her? She did a fine deed toward me.

such opulence ?

Planet Rain

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
disciples chastised the lady who did it, because it could have been sold to help the
less fortunate for it was very expensive oil, a labourers wages for an entire year.

(Mark 14:3-6) . . .And while he was at ...[text shortened]... one. Why

such opulence ?
But Christians must emulate Christ, so would Jesus have done what the woman did? Besides, what the woman did was a selfless act, done for another. It's not the same thing as some slob going to the Nouveau Riche Country Club & Banquet every day to eat truffles and bon bons.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Sep 11

i know I am a sinner and need all the grace I can get and I will accept it
gladly. Maybe, that is the difference between you and me. You think?

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Vegetarianism is morally superior to meat eating. He deserves respect for that.
no, it really isn't.

how can eating a methane producing ozone killing cow be 'morally in-superior' than eating an oxygen producing life giving plant?

and dasa deserves respect for nothing, the guy is a parasite.

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11

But Christians must emulate Christ, so would Jesus have done what the woman did? Besides, what the woman did was a selfless act, done for another. It's not the same thing as some slob going to the Nouveau Riche Country Club & Banquet every day to eat truffles and bon bons.
He did not chastise her. The point is of course some have a broad conscience others a narrow conscience, who are we to judge the conscience of another? If RJH wants to take his wife to dinner, what of it? It cannot be termed hypocritical for him to do so and nor can the accusation be deduced from the actions of the Christ, who while living simply, did not practice abstinence.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

(Mark 14:3-6) . . .And while he was at ...[text shortened]... one. Why

such opulence ?
generousity towards God is different than generousity towards one's self

Cape Town

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by trev33
how can eating a methane producing ozone killing cow be 'morally in-superior' than eating an oxygen producing life giving plant?
Because, by eating beef, you are encouraging farmers to raise more methane producing ozone killing cattle - and to do so, they burn tropical forests of oxygen producing life giving plants.

I do think however, that anyone who claims meat eating in general is morally wrong, should seriously consider killing or sterilizing all carnivores on moral grounds.

rc

Moves
01 Sep 11

Originally posted by Doward
generousity towards God is different than generousity towards one's self
huh?