1. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45379
    28 Aug '11 19:21
    I am feeling real good about having my stomach filled with roast chicken today. I really don't feel dishonest for eating the chicken but it made me think of Dasa - wish you were here man, you would have loved it 😉
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    28 Aug '11 22:30
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I am feeling real good about having my stomach filled with roast chicken today. I really don't feel dishonest for eating the chicken but it made me think of Dasa - wish you were here man, you would have loved it 😉
    you have to feel sorry for the guy.
    A religion that gets between you and a roast dinner has got to suck.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12690
    29 Aug '11 01:29
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    you have to feel sorry for the guy.
    A religion that gets between you and a roast dinner has got to suck.
    If he could just believe in Jesus he could have a more abundant life.
  4. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    29 Aug '11 01:30
    i hope that was freerange chicken you picked up from a trusted local farm personally.
  5. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    29 Aug '11 08:00
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    you have to feel sorry for the guy.
    A religion that gets between you and a roast dinner has got to suck.
    Hindu Religion is an open and voluntary belief system. Many Hindus were and are meat eaters. Most theist Hindus will not eat beef. It is a personal matter. Not a religious matter. I was a meat eater and enjoyed smoking & drinking.Gave up smoking in 79,meat & drinks in 96. Smoking due to health reasons,meat & drinks due to revulsion arising out of a feeling of surfeit. Dasa may be your favourite target but why drag in his religion ?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12690
    29 Aug '11 08:28
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Hindu Religion is an open and voluntary belief system. Many Hindus were and are meat eaters. Most theist Hindus will not eat beef. It is a personal matter. Not a religious matter. I was a meat eater and enjoyed smoking & drinking.Gave up smoking in 79,meat & drinks in 96. Smoking due to health reasons,meat & drinks due to revulsion arising out of a feeling of surfeit. Dasa may be your favourite target but why drag in his religion ?
    I understand that his religion is the reason he acts the way he does.
  7. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Joined
    19 Feb '09
    Moves
    36544
    29 Aug '11 09:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand that his religion is the reason he acts the way he does.
    We both are Hindus. I do not think that anyone's behaviour changes due to him/her following the dictates of one's religion,unless he/she has achieved Liberation or has turned a fanatic. Dasa is neither. He has been trapped into his position.
  8. Utrecht
    Joined
    16 Feb '04
    Moves
    121009
    29 Aug '11 11:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I understand that his religion is the reason he acts the way he does.
    Love thy neighbours as thyself.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    29 Aug '11 12:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If he could just believe in Jesus he could have a more abundant life.
    I don't believe in any religion and I have an exceedingly abundant life.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Aug '11 16:50
    Vegetarianism is morally superior to meat eating. He deserves respect for that.
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45379
    29 Aug '11 17:29
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Vegetarianism is morally superior to meat eating. He deserves respect for that.
    Look I'll be honest. I have been trying out soya meat (alternative for meat/proteins for vegetarians) but for health reasons only. And yeah I don't like animals being killed either but if killed for food I don't care, but just for killing, that is a big problem. 95% of ALL the time I only eat vegetarian food when getting take aways cause it tastes better than other food (well this is my opinion).

    This is all personal and does not effect my religion. Dasa has targeted the wrong people and who he should target are the people actually committing the real crime. Dasa wants you to listen but he wont listen to you - where is the honesty in this? By attacking our religion resulted in a "war" thus for falsely accusing the Word of God I will keep on hitting back cause I will not stop at anyone especially the Dasa's and the wannabe Dasa's out there.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    106520
    29 Aug '11 20:13
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Vegetarianism is morally superior to meat eating. He deserves respect for that.
    So does this mean that a Gazelle is morally superior to a Lion?
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2435
    29 Aug '11 21:58
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Hindu Religion is an open and voluntary belief system. Many Hindus were and are meat eaters. Most theist Hindus will not eat beef. It is a personal matter. Not a religious matter. I was a meat eater and enjoyed smoking & drinking.Gave up smoking in 79,meat & drinks in 96. Smoking due to health reasons,meat & drinks due to revulsion arising out of a feeling of surfeit. Dasa may be your favourite target but why drag in his religion ?
    By age 120 everybody gives up everything, no matter what they give up beforehand. 😉

    Concerning the original post, I must say that roast vegetables can also be quite exquisite. If you think not, then you're not using the right spices.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12690
    30 Aug '11 00:52
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    We both are Hindus. I do not think that anyone's behaviour changes due to him/her following the dictates of one's religion,unless he/she has achieved Liberation or has turned a fanatic. Dasa is neither. He has been trapped into his position.
    He told me he did not follow Hinduism, but the the teachings of the Vedas.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12690
    30 Aug '11 00:56
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I don't believe in any religion and I have an exceedingly abundant life.
    But without Jesus, your abundant life will end in a few years.
    The Christian is looking forward to an eternal abundant life,
    even if he does not have it now.
Back to Top