1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 13:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i dont mind candid words FMF, one must remember that its a statement of opinion, nothing more.
    Whose opinion am I supposed to express, if not my own?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 13:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    well, you could start with mine if you dont mind 😉
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 22:41
    [b]until Bland is able to conduct himself with more decorum than at present, with out making sexual references about my mom, my wife and my nine year old kid,
    You do realize that what your asking is for the impossible, right? 😛
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 22:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    - when you have been caught trying to smear someone or cover up some of your own fibs?
    You could at least give him some pointers.
  5. Playing with matches
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 00:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    You do realize that what your asking is for the impossible, right? 😛
    I'm just misunderstood.

Typically I stay away from Robbie as our personalities clash so to speak. I find some of his posts to be cumbersome at best. I wouldn't have continued to engage him with meaningless drivel but for his condescending approach.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 02:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wish you would express your opinions on some
    othe forum and leave the Sprituality Forum to those
    that want to discuss spiritual things. Sop harassing us.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 03:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I wish you would express your opinions on some
    othe forum and leave the Sprituality Forum to those
    that want to discuss spiritual things. Sop harassing us.
    Is this some kind of joke?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 07:461 edit
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I'm just misunderstood.

Typically I stay away from Robbie as our personalities clash so to speak. I find some of his posts to be cumbersome at best. I wouldn't have continued to engage him with meaningless drivel but for his condescending approach.
    soo you insult me, asking if i have engaged in anal sex, you insult my my mom and my
    wife and ask if my nine year old kid is hot? why anyone would want to engage you in
    conversation is quite beyond me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 07:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this some kind of joke?
    no its an observation, for you do have a tendency to concentrate on the personality
    rather than discuss spirituality, with one or two notable exceptions.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:27
    no its an observation, for you do have a tendency to concentrate on the personality rather than discuss spirituality, with one or two notable exceptions.
    Oh? RJHinds wanting people [who discuss things that he doesn't want to discuss] to leave the web site or perhaps be dealt with by moderators "...is an observation."? That sounds like quite a contortion on your part in order to insert a personal dig. Your vanity is presumably still bruised. Last time I tried to discuss "spirituality" with you, you played the Nazi Card against me and accused me of denigrating the victims of the Holocaust (for disagreeing with your assertions about what JW victims did or did not "prove" about the afterlife). I think the "personality" at issue here is yours, especially when you feel slighted or disagreed with.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 08:481 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh? RJHinds wanting people [who discuss things that he doesn't want to discuss] to leave the web site or perhaps be dealt with by moderators "...is an observation."? That sounds like quite a contortion on your part in order to insert a personal dig. Your vanity is presumably still bruised. Last time I tried to discuss "spirituality" with you, you played the Nazi rsonality" at issue here is yours, especially when you feel slighted or disagreed with.
    just saying FMF, no insult intended, as for discussing spirituality with me, i did say there
    were one or two notable occasions did i not, one of which was your manifestation as J
    W Booth. You cannot feel aggrieved at this FMF, its simply an observation. I am
    perfectly aware of the flaws in my personality, i have a whole thread dedicated to
    reminding me of them.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 09:51
    just saying FMF, no insult intended, as for discussing spirituality with me, i did say there were one or two notable occasions did i not, one of which was your manifestation as J W Booth. You cannot feel aggrieved at this FMF, its simply an observation. I am perfectly aware of the flaws in my personality, i have a whole thread dedicated to reminding me of them.
    You're not making any sense. You agree with RJHinds wanting people, who discuss things he doesn't like, to leave the web site or be silenced by moderators? Or you disagree with him? You think he was joking? Or you think he was serious? Asking people to leave the web site cannot be described as "an observation".
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 12:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're not making any sense. You agree with RJHinds wanting people, who discuss things he doesn't like, to leave the web site or be silenced by moderators? Or you disagree with him? You think he was joking? Or you think he was serious? Asking people to leave the web site cannot be described as "an observation".
    India are 205 for 6, is it any wonder i am not making sense! will address your points later.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 13:101 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    that is not whart RJ Hind has stated, what he has stated is that those who are intent
    on introducing non spirituality should desist from harrasing those that do.

twhitehead - non spirituality, harasses theist constantly with non spirituality and
    weak semantic arguments about definitions of terms.

Agers - introduces the concepts of other religions in an attempt to play one off on
    the other, as if the claims of one negate the claims of another, expert at playing
    devils advocate

sonhouse - rabid anti religionist who loathes the idea that anything good can come
    from adopting a religious stance

thinkofone - anti christian who through a misinterpretation of scripture which
    foments a self righteous attitude, condemns Christians at every point
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    30 Mar '11 13:564 edits
    that is not whart RJ Hind has stated, what he has stated is that those who are intent
    on introducing non spirituality should desist from harrasing those that do.

twhitehead - non spirituality, harasses theist constantly with non spirituality and
    weak semantic arguments about definitions of terms.

Agers - introduces the concepts of other ...[text shortened]... ation of scripture which
    foments a self righteous attitude, condemns Christians at every point
    I think being strict about definitions is important; If I was to make a statement X about cars and someone else made a statement Y about lorries, it would be somewhat confusing if another person made a statement Z about motorbikes invoking X and Y simply because cars, bikes, and lorries are all types of vehicles. The same is true with religious terminology - it is important to know precisely what you mean (irrespective of it's validity or lack thereof) when you assert X, and to know what is the scope of X (such that it isn't conflated elsewhere). For example you might hold that "God" has properties {...} and make some argument based on those properties; this argument may have been made to defend some other theist who uses the 'fact' that "God" has different properties whereby we have to be careful there isn't a conflict. Indeed many times I have seen it occur where two theists join forces to try and combat an atheist with arguments pertaining to "God" that are actually incompatible with each other.

As for myself and introducing other religions, it is a perfectly valid strategy in these sort of debates given that you have no more objectively *valid* evidence for the truth of your deity than a myriad of others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree