Rules Governing Human Conduct

Rules Governing Human Conduct

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by OdBod/
Why not take a simple view? Societal structures are a means of survival.[ There is no choice in devising effective means of living together ,we achieve this or die out.This process does not need a god, it is our responsibility .
From what source would these societal structures derive?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by sonship
Seeing as "God" - or "some higher order of being or creator", as you put it - has apparently not revealed itself to anybody, I think there is scarcely any reason to presume that the "Rules Governing Human Conduct" have been handed down by such an entity.

This could be a problem, especially if Atheists expressed opinions. But apparently no ...[text shortened]... ne else is not revealed to someone else.

There may be many reasons for that.
"This could be a problem, especially if Atheists expressed opinions..."

Why?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
I have no more "summarily dismissed" it than you could be said to have "summarily accepted it". And I could just as well ask whether you are "incapable of grasping" that someone does not subscribe to the same religious doctrines as you. It's curious how your whole approach to spirituality here appears to be a concoction of waffle, catchphrases, and attempted put downs.
High Stakes Game, I'm All In!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by FMF
If I thought your claim that God has communicated with you was convincing, I would come right out and say so, sonship.
Oh.
Well, I'm an "anybody."
That was my only point.

F

Moves
05 Apr 13

Oh.
Well, I'm an "anybody."
That was my only point.
I have never denied that many people claim that God has communicated with them.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13
1 edit

Oh.
Well, I'm an "anybody."
That was my only point.
Sonship, as you know, the Sad Alternative to Faith Alone in Christ Alone is a $2,000 Cremation as Prelude to Total Immersion in The Lake of Fire for Eternity. Prospect confronts me often with respect to family, cyber acquaintances and close friends who profess to have rejected God's Plan.

F

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Prospect confronts me often with respect to family, cyber acquaintances and close friends who profess to have rejected God's Plan.
Has the mixture of trite sayings and attempts at condescension - that you seem to rely on so heavily here - worked with any members of your family or close friends? Has it ever brought anyone round to your way of thinking? I cannot see how it would.

Moves
05 Apr 13

Sonship, as you know, the Sad Alternative to Faith Alone in Christ Alone is a $2,000 Cremation as Prelude to Total Immersion in The Lake of Fire for Eternity. Prospect confronts me often with respect to family, cyber acquaintances and close friends who profess to have rejected God's Plan.
"Sonship, as you know, the Sad Alternative to Faith Alone in Christ Alone is a $2,000 Cremation as Prelude to Total Immersion in The Lake of Fire for Eternity. Prospect confronts me often with respect to family, cyber acquaintances and close friends who profess to have rejected God's Plan."

How do you reconcile this statement with your ""My purpose here isnt to promote rancorous argumentation but, rather, to invite pro/con positions with point of view rationales."

It seems to make you to be a liar, unless you are merely ignorant. Please help us decide.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Apr 13

Originally posted by JS357
"Sonship, as you know, the Sad Alternative to Faith Alone in Christ Alone is a $2,000 Cremation as Prelude to Total Immersion in The Lake of Fire for Eternity. Prospect confronts me often with respect to family, cyber acquaintances and close friends who profess to have rejected God's Plan."

How do you reconcile this statement with your ""My purpose here ...[text shortened]... "

It seems to make you to be a liar, unless you are merely ignorant. Please help us decide.
Fact that truth often hurts shouldn't dissuade anyone from joining in an open conversation premised on freedom to express pro/con positions with some measure of supporting rational. Another Fact concerns the manner in which human beings project and superimpose shortcomings and areas of weaknesses on others in their periphery [since they're already painfully aware of them in themselves]. That's how.

O

Moves
05 Apr 13

From what source would these societal structures derive?
Trial and error(often being repeated). Groups of organisms work together throughout the animal and plant kingdoms for mutual benefit .Our civilisations are evolved from these by the same forces that drive all evolution and have reached a much greater level of sophistication.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 13
1 edit

Cape Town

Moves
05 Apr 13

Appreciate your comments and (convoluted) questions;
they add considerable flavor to the community stew working
in the Crock Pot. More Sea Salt and Virgin Olive Oil, please.
I take it you don't want to answer my questions.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Apr 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead

I take it you don't want to answer my questions.
Hard Fact: Negative Volition is Vicious. It Always Behaves in An Irrational Manner, Even With an Abundance of Empirical Evidence
(Like Pharaoh's Deliverance from Devasting Plagues), The Inevitable Result is Outright Rejection and Denial of Absolute Truth.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Apr 13

Hard Fact: Negative Volition is Vicious. It Always Behaves in An Irrational Manner, Even With an Abundance of Empirical Evidence
(Like Pharaoh's Deliverance from Devasting Plagues), The Inevitable Result is Outright Rejection and Denial of Absolute Truth.
So you know you are irrational, but continue with it anyway? Amazing.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Apr 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
So you know you are irrational, but continue with it anyway? Amazing.
_______________________________________|