1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 07:54
    I am constantly being confronted by persons refusing to accept common sense, rationality, logic and true knowledge.

Sadly these are the symptoms of the age we live in when false religion allows for killing and false science presents everything has come from nothing.

It is the age of foolishness and bewilderment where dishonesty is encouraged by all who subscribe to falsity.

Also sadly no one is shamed by this.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 08:06
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I am constantly being confronted by persons refusing to accept common sense, rationality, logic and true knowledge.

Sadly these are the symptoms of the age we live in when false religion allows for killing and false science presents everything has come from nothing.

It is the age of foolishness and bewilderment where dishonesty is encouraged by all who subscribe to falsity.

Also sadly no one is shamed by this.
    Have you thought about taking a nice holiday somewhere?
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 08:25
    Perhaps it is because you offer none of these.

Though I do give you props for being earnest.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 08:261 edit
    It is a fundamental lapse of logic, not to mention common decency, to try constantly to dismiss those who disagree with you as being "dishonest".
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 09:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is a fundamental lapse of logic, not to mention common decency, to try constantly to dismiss those who disagree with you as being "dishonest".
    More manipulation of words to not acknowledge the truth of what i said.

This constant manipulation and word play is a dishonest tactic employed to evade the truth.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 09:29

This constant manipulation and word play is a dishonest tactic employed to evade the truth.
    Me not acknowledging what you claim to be the "truth" is not due to "dishonesty" as you claim incessantly. You manipulate this particular word - as well as certain other words - and use them in unconventional or non-standard or idiosyncratic ways. Doing so is the essence of "word play" and it is you who is engaging in it, not me. When I tell you that I disagree with you and that my belief system is different from yours, I am being honest, not "dishonest".
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '11 09:441 edit
    As amusing as this head-banging by vishvahetu (edit dasa) continues to be, we all do realise he is a troll?
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Me not acknowledging what you claim to be the "truth" is not due to "dishonesty" as you claim incessantly. You manipulate this particular word - as well as certain other words - and use them in unconventional or non-standard or idiosyncratic ways. Doing so is the essence of "word play" and it is you who is engaging in it, not me. When I tell you that I disagree ...[text shortened]... u and that my belief system is different from yours, I am being honest, not "dishonest".
    you are acknowledging him right now. why is that? is it masochism? do you think he changed?

wasn't it established long ago that dasa/vishvasomething only offers a long wall of text as original poster but cannot be engaged in decent debate? that he doesn't accept any relation other than "he talks, we agree or we get called dishonest"? isn't it the height of arrogance that he is incapable of accepting other points might be valid but he calls the people that offer those points "dishonest" as if we don't really believe what we're saying, we are just dumb sheep that know his truth in hour hearts but refuse to acknowledge it hence we being dishonest

i still believe he is trolling. to which the same treatment is recommended: ignore him.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:34
    What Is, is before
    all our concepts and words,
    our religions and philosophies—

Those who preach
    doctrines and beliefs
    —any doctrines and beliefs—
    preach adherence to the map
    not the territory,
    that is spread out like light,
    before all concepts and words.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you are acknowledging him right now. why is that? is it masochism? do you think he changed?

wasn't it established long ago that dasa/vishvasomething only offers a long wall of text as original poster but cannot be engaged in decent debate? that he doesn't accept any relation other than "he talks, we agree or we get called dishonest"? isn't it the ...[text shortened]... still believe he is trolling. to which the same treatment is recommended: ignore him.
    FMF, I notice, uses a kind of Socratic method, in which he poses a series of questions to someone in order to elicit absurdities and contradictions from them. It's actually quite effective.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

wasn't it established long ago that dasa/vishvasomething only offers a long wall of text as original poster but cannot be engaged in decent debate? that he doesn't accept any relation other than "he talks, we agree or we get called dishonest"? isn't it the still believe he is trolling. to which the same treatment is recommended: ignore him.
    If you don't like the way I post on this forum and you don't have much to say that's on-topic [except for some artless rehash of what I have been saying, as in this case] why not just PM me?
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 01:502 edits

You have words of the truth. That’s all you know. You can preach of the map, but the territory you do not know. Really, it is tragic: even if the territory conformed to your map precisely, you do not know. Thus all you can do is to preach a map that you have been given. (Whether your teachers also know the territory, I cannot say.)

If you knew the territory, I would likely know—as would a few others here. Do not compound your error by assuming that we think that our maps are the territory either, or that we either judge other maps only according to our maps, or—worse!—judge the territory according to our maps.

When you have come to the territory, we can talk—and then our respective maps, valid as they may be, as maps! will not matter.

EDIT:

When one has come to live in the territory, one can play from many maps. Those who live in maps are likely to become confused at the apparent contradictions. “Is this the same person who said that?!” The answer, of course is—No.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 05:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    False science presents everything comes from nothing.....they believe it.

It is this believing a falsity.... that is dishonest.

Its a dishonest belief.

Its a dishonest belief because it is baseless.

Baseless beliefs are dishonest beliefs.

I cannot make it more clearer than that.

And if you pretend to not understand this...........then you are dishonest as well.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 05:45
    And if you pretend to not understand this...........then you are dishonest as well.
    I am not being dishonest. I do understand you. I am not "pretending" anything. You are using the word "dishonest" incorrectly, Dasa.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '11 05:47
    Its a dishonest belief because it is baseless.
    I honestly believe it is ok to eat meat. Your assertion that I am being "dishonest" is baseless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree