1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    22 Jan '16 21:52
    Opening sentence on a poster designed for Children.
    FUN FACTS
    Saint Catherine of Alexandria was a virgin and a martyr in the 4th Century.
    http://catholicshopping.com/products/saints-fun-facts-st-catherine-of-alexandria

    The Catholic Church has an odd idea of "Fun".
  2. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    22 Jan '16 21:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Opening sentence on a poster designed for Children.
    FUN FACTS
    Saint Catherine of Alexandria was a virgin and a martyr in the 4th Century.
    http://catholicshopping.com/products/saints-fun-facts-st-catherine-of-alexandria

    The Catholic Church has an odd idea of "Fun".
    Point?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Jan '16 00:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Point?
    That the Catholic Church has an odd idea of "Fun".

    You need to brush up on your English Comprehension.
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    23 Jan '16 06:58
    Fun fact: the saint in question is probably entirely fictional.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    23 Jan '16 20:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Fun fact: the saint in question is probably entirely fictional.
    Are you saying Catholic Church has an odd idea of "fact" too? 😲


    Fun fact: I knew a Catherine Weale at school.
  6. St. Peter's
    Joined
    06 Dec '10
    Moves
    11308
    24 Jan '16 01:13
    Fun Fact: St Thekla (woman) was companion to St. Paul and was named equal to the Apostles. For some 400 years she was revered with an almost cult like following.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    1976
    24 Jan '16 12:07
    Fun fact: no one is a saint in his or her own lifetime. If you're a saint, you're dead.

    https://www.avemariapress.com/engagingfaith/2009/10/who-are-saints/
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    24 Jan '16 20:15
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Fun fact: no one is a saint in his or her own lifetime. If you're a saint, you're dead.

    https://www.avemariapress.com/engagingfaith/2009/10/who-are-saints/
    Yeah. They fast-tracked Theresa of Calcutta. Why? The woman was evil.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    1976
    24 Jan '16 22:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yeah. They fast-tracked Theresa of Calcutta. Why? The woman was evil.
    Christopher Hitchens wrote a book exposing her as a fraud.
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    6889
    25 Jan '16 00:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Opening sentence on a poster designed for Children.
    FUN FACTS
    Saint Catherine of Alexandria was a virgin and a martyr in the 4th Century.
    http://catholicshopping.com/products/saints-fun-facts-st-catherine-of-alexandria

    The Catholic Church has an odd idea of "Fun".
    I'm not sure it makes sense to say that the Catholic Church has one single idea of fun, being made up as it is of individual members. Particularly when you are taken what is presented on a Catholic shopping site as the view of said organisation.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    26 Jan '16 05:17
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I'm not sure it makes sense to say that the Catholic Church has one single idea of fun, being made up as it is of individual members. Particularly when you are taken what is presented on a Catholic shopping site as the view of said organisation.
    I'm sure you didn't think I was being that serious ... did you?

    I stumbled across the site and took a peek at the free downloads.
    I thought they were amusing.

    Why not just call them "Fact Sheets" or "Interesting Facts"???
    What is fun about torture? (Please don't answer that!)
Back to Top