Moves
    14 Feb '14 18:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 18:36
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And I thought you were talking about how frequent support for stoning is especially in the religious community.

Can Twhitehead cite any scientific survey of all Muslims in the world
    (as distinct from Muslims in some societies) who support the *'practice'*
    as well as the theoretical punishment of stoning women to death?

No, twhitehead cannot.

I have concluded that Twhitehead's too biased and disingenuous to be
    worthy of response on some issues.

I to am about done with this discussion.

All I can say in conclusion is that I don't agree with everything Sam Harris says, but I do think you have taken some of what he says out of context and even then misrepresented it. I recommend you reread/rewatch some of his writings/videos.
    Now you may feel that is not worth your time, and I respect that, but I think it is a little unfair for you to be so outspokenly negative about him if you don't take the time to actually hear what he has to say.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 19:00

4. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 20:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Something you have mentioned several times despite the fact that it is irrelevant.
    I never claimed to know the context nor was my knowing the context ever important.

3) People have different interpretations of the same text by Sam Harris.
    Well then if you recognise this, then I think you need to think twice before calling someone intolerant. Don't you think it possible you simply interpreted him wrong?
    It is very clear that what you understood from what he said and what I understood were very different.

You even admit in your OP that your interpretation 'is not explicitly declared'. In other words, you were reading between the lines.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 21:263 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree