1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    26 Mar '07 00:51
    have you ever thought.... just maybe.... that god and the devil are one of the same...? after all, the bible doesnt say god destroys satan, is that because god cannot destroy himself...? without the devil, god wouldnt be complete... there would be no darkness in which to shine the light!
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    26 Mar '07 01:20
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    have you ever thought.... just maybe.... that god and the devil are one of the same...? after all, the bible doesnt say god destroys satan, is that because god cannot destroy himself...? without the devil, god wouldnt be complete... there would be no darkness in which to shine the light!
    You are in error here. The bible clearly says that Satan is cast in the lake of fire at the end. It also says there would be no more tears, etc. which implies a change.
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    28 Mar '07 23:03
    Aw you've ruined the ending for me now, could you at least put a spoiler warning before posting plot lines?!

    ;o)
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    28 Mar '07 23:06
    Sorry...😳
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    28 Mar '07 23:25
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    have you ever thought.... just maybe.... that god and the devil are one of the same...? after all, the bible doesnt say god destroys satan, is that because god cannot destroy himself...? without the devil, god wouldnt be complete... there would be no darkness in which to shine the light!
    The whole idea is absurd to anyone who knows the bible.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    29 Mar '07 22:05
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    have you ever thought.... just maybe.... that god and the devil are one of the same...? after all, the bible doesnt say god destroys satan, is that because god cannot destroy himself...? without the devil, god wouldnt be complete... there would be no darkness in which to shine the light!
    You could be right but Satan and God are different people.
    But I would say without evil probably no one would seek after God for help.
  7. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    29 Mar '07 23:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    The whole idea is absurd to anyone who knows the bible.
    Actually it is an idea that Jung said modern man needed to grapple with. He was the son of a traditional Lutheran pastor, yet was drawn toward mystical and archetypal images throughout all cultures and religions. He was an intense student of the Bible and found many archetypal images pointing towards a higher being. He even said once that he had never met a single person with problems whose solution was not spiritual in nature.

    Now having said that he wrote a book called "Answer to Job" in which he sought to make sense of the problem of the complicitus nature of God's involvment with Job's sufferings. Here are some terms that Jung used to describe the Old Testament Yahweh in relationship to Job: "unconscious, amoral, totally lacking self-reflection, no insight, savage, ruthless, revolting, double-faced, jealous, despotic, intolerable, clueless and a monster."

    So is what we are witnessing God's shadow (a term Jung frequently)?
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    30 Mar '07 16:26
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Actually it is an idea that Jung said modern man needed to grapple with. He was the son of a traditional Lutheran pastor, yet was drawn toward mystical and archetypal images throughout all cultures and religions. He was an intense student of the Bible and found many archetypal images pointing towards a higher being. He even said once that he had never ...[text shortened]... ss and a monster."

    So is what we are witnessing God's shadow (a term Jung frequently)?
    spotlight on checkbaiter and joesphw... waiting for answer
  9. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    30 Mar '07 16:30
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You are in error here. The bible clearly says that Satan is cast in the lake of fire at the end. It also says there would be no more tears, etc. which implies a change.
    you're in error... it doesnt say the devil is destroyed or killed
  10. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    30 Mar '07 16:32
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    You are in error here. The bible clearly says that Satan is cast in the lake of fire at the end. It also says there would be no more tears, etc. which implies a change.
    also, isnt the devil a spiritual demon (or angel), what good will throwing him in a fire do?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    30 Mar '07 17:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You could be right but Satan and God are different people.
    But I would say without evil probably no one would seek after God for help.
    So god and satan are people? Can you identify exactly which ones they are so we can know who to suck up to?
  12. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Joined
    16 Dec '06
    Moves
    42778
    30 Mar '07 21:06
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you're in error... it doesnt say the devil is destroyed or killed
    Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    30 Mar '07 21:35
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    also, isnt the devil a spiritual demon (or angel), what good will throwing him in a fire do?
    It's not a fire as we know it. He will be turned to ashes and be no more....

    Rom 16:20
    20 And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
    (NKJ)

    on the word Crush or bruise....


    4937 suntribo (soon-tree'-bo);

    from 4862 and the base of 5147; to crush completely, i.e. to shatter (literally or figuratively):

    KJV-- break (in pieces), broken to shivers (+-hearted), bruise.
  14. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    3612
    31 Mar '07 10:02
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
    yes... thats my point, "shall be tormented day and night for ever" - so god hasnt killed the devil then, it doesnt say "where the beast shall be killed"... like i said, god can not destroy the shadow of himself
Back to Top