1. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 07:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WXxMSzhX80

The Instructor
    So do dogs, cats, pet cockrioaches etc go to heaven? Seems a bit of a stretch to me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 08:45
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The point is that souls are not saved by us doing good works.

The Instructor
    more evangelical twaddle, like Jesus wasn't interested in the poor, you have no idea what Jesus was about, you have no idea what a soul is and you are essentially spiritually blind and the irony of it is, you purport to instruct others.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 08:49
    christian on christian action tut tut. get a grip of yourselves you are embarrassing your god.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 08:52
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    christian on christian action tut tut. get a grip of yourselves you are embarrassing your god.
    A Christian is one who adheres to the teachings of Jesus Christ and instructs others to do the same, by definition, RJ Hinds is not a Christian, he is something other than a Christian.
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 08:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    A Christian is one who adheres to the teachings of Jesus Christ and instructs others to do the same, by definition, RJ Hinds is not a Christian, he is something other than a Christian.
    shouldnt you be rising above it?

do you guys as for money when you go door to door?
  6. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:01

I have them come visit me from time to time. Never been asked for any money. One or two have happily accepted a cup of tea when offered.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:06

ask for money? Its illegal to solicit for money from house to house as far as I am aware. Here is what i do, I ring the door bell, the householder comes, here is what I say,

Hello, I hope you are well, we are trying to find persons that may be interested in a study of the Bible, would that interest you?

waits for response,

(yes, ok great)

(no, ok, have a nice day)
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:092 edits
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I have them come visit me from time to time. Never been asked for any money. One or two have happily accepted a cup of tea when offered.
    Sir you are a scholar and a gentlemen, i was asked in for breakfast the other morning, but i refused even though the coffee smelt awesome, I just excused myself on the basis that i would have lunch soon and said that i would come back another time, it was in like an old Georgian manse building as well and i was dying to go in and ask about the history of the place. It just didn't feel right to invade someone's late breakfast.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:17
    ask for money? Its illegal to solicit for money from house to house as far as I am aware. Here is what i do, I ring the door bell, the householder comes, here is what I say,

Hello, I hope you are well, we are trying to find persons that may be interested in a study of the Bible, would that interest you?

waits for response,

(yes, ok great)

(no, ok, have a nice day)
    i meant for charity.

some christians were collecting for christian aid door to door last night. it was about 9pm, i was a bit short with them. feeling a bit guilty today as the guy seemed nice and im sure it was for a good cause but 9pm on a sunday!!!, am i turning into a grumpy old fart?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:262 edits
    i meant for charity.

some christians were collecting for christian aid door to door last night. it was about 9pm, i was a bit short with them. feeling a bit guilty today as the guy seemed nice and im sure it was for a good cause but 9pm on a sunday!!!, am i turning into a grumpy old fart?
    we are a registered charity as well though, i still thought it was illegal for any charity to solicit for money from house to house. (9pm is too late, way too late, i would never go to someone's house at that time, uninvited) although i could be wrong though with regard to the legality.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:35
    we are a registered charity as well though, i still thought it was illegal for any charity to solicit for money from house to house. (9pm is too late, way too late, i would never go to someone's house at that time, uninvited) although i could be wrong though with regard to the legality.
    we get them all the time. just bog standard christians though. when we lived in york we used to get a right mix. the mormon boys were my favorite, so earnest and always apple pie americ'un.

have you ever seen the movie 'anchorman'?
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:50
    we get them all the time. just bog standard christians though. when we lived in york we used to get a right mix. the mormon boys were my favorite, so earnest and always apple pie americ'un.

I offered a cup of tea to a Mormon once. You'd think I had offered him poison. Got really shirty about it. Since then I send them packing. They all look like clones to me, same white shirt, same shiny suit, same little badge, same ultra white teeth, same hair and so on.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:51

no whats it about?
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:52
    They cannot solicit for money as such but they can go door to door and persuade you to sign up for regular donations via your bank. They are called chuggers, as in charity muggers.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:54
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I offered a cup of tea to a Mormon once. You'd think I had offered him poison. Got really shirty about it. Since then I send them packing. They all look like clones to me, same white shirt, same shiny suit, same little badge, same ultra white teeth, same hair and so on.
    I was in a house once and two mormons came to the door and the householder also invited them in, it was a scorching day and the householder offered us some Pepsi from the fridge, the poor mormons could not have any and I took great pleasure in opening that Pepsi and glugging it down and showing them a scripture from the Bible that godly devotion does not mean eating or drinking from the book of Romans. ahhhhhhhhh

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree