1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 09:56
    Originally posted by Kepler
    They cannot solicit for money as such but they can go door to door and persuade you to sign up for regular donations via your bank. They are called chuggers, as in charity muggers.
    ok, I get that a lot, chuggers, LOL, its brilliant. So what about these guys on stellspalfies door step,, were they not soliciting for money?
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok, I get that a lot, chuggers, LOL, its brilliant. So what about these guys on stellspalfies door step,, were they not soliciting for money?
    I have no idea. Christain Aid is a bona fide charity so they may have been trying to get him to sign up for a direct debit donation. If it was Christian Aid it is very likely the people on his doorstep weren't direct representatives of the charity. There are companies that charities outsource this sort of thing to. The charity gets a cut of the take and the chugger gets paid to chug.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:06
    I live in an apartment block.

You don't get many people calling. Only family or someone
    that needs to do some work. Religious visitors are never seen.

One incident was very funny. A neighbour of mine opened his door
    to a guy who he thought was a Mormon. He reached under his coat
    and my neighbour thought that he was going to produce a Bible
    but instead he produced identification.

"Hello", he said, "TV Licence Inspector".
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:08
    they dont ask for cash there and then, they either give you an envelope to put cash in and collect it later or ask you to sign up for a direct debit monthly payment.

im sure what the guy wanted last night. i didnt let him get that far. the kids had just gone to bed and the knock on the door set the dogs off barking........and some crazy dude on the interweb was winding me up, so i cut him short.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:12
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I live in an apartment block.

You don't get many people calling. Only family or someone
    that needs to do some work. Religious visitors are never seen.

One incident was very funny. A neighbour of mine opened his door
    to a guy who he thought was a Mormon. He reached under his coat
    and my neighbour thought that he was going to produce ...[text shortened]...
    but instead he produced identification.

"Hello", he said, "TV Licence Inspector".
    I live in similar accommodation. Anyone getting past antique entry system, the old dear on the ground floor, the hooligans on the next floor and one of my sons answering the door deserves a cup of tea! So far only the god botherers have managed it.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:22
    I live in similar accommodation. Anyone getting past antique entry system, the old dear on the ground floor, the hooligans on the next floor and one of my sons answering the door deserves a cup of tea! So far only the god botherers have managed it.
    ha! theres a book or movie in there somewhere. the epic struggle of several disparate religious door knockers attempting to reach the top floor of a tower block to collect a small donation, each floor throwing up a different metaphysical challenge questioning their beliefs.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:23
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    ha! theres a book or movie in there somewhere. the epic struggle of several disparate religious door knockers attempting to reach the top floor of a tower block to collect a small donation, each floor throwing up a different metaphysical challenge questioning their beliefs.
    Would make a good video game I think.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:50
    So do dogs, cats, pet cockrioaches etc go to heaven? Seems a bit of a stretch to me.
    You didn't pay close enough attention to the video. Where did you see cockroaches? That must of been Satan deceiving your unrighteous mind. Prepare yourself for hellfire!

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    20 May '13 10:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You didn't pay close enough attention to the video. Where did you see cockroaches? That must of been Satan deceiving your unrighteous mind. Prepare yourself for hellfire!

The Instructor
    You setting yourself up as one of those false prophets now? You have been prophesying hellfire for at least a month now and it has failed to come to pass. You should try something a little more certain, death and taxes say.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 11:27
    You setting yourself up as one of those false prophets now? You have been prophesying hellfire for at least a month now and it has failed to come to pass. You should try something a little more certain, death and taxes say.
    Unless you repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ, your death will be followed by hell and hellfire.

The Instructor
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:15
    1 List of American evangelical Christians involved in scandals

1.1 Aimee Semple McPherson, 1920s–1940s
    1.2 Lonnie Frisbee, 1970s–1980s
    1.3 Marjoe Gortner, early 1970s
    1.4 Billy James Hargis, early 1970s
    1.5 Neville Johnson, 1983
    1.6 Jimmy Swaggart, Marvin Gorman, Jim and Tammy Bakker, 1986 and 1991
    1.7 Peter Popof ...[text shortened]... 2011

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_involving_American_evangelical_Christians
    He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

Congrats on you and your organization being sin free!

Here is what I'm thinking Robbie as to why you are "Evangalophobic" as TOO is Christian phobic. I'm guessing that the most resistance you encounter in terms of doctrine are from evangelicals, who actually study the Bible because they actually believe what it says. I've even sat down with people like you and politely pointed out the inaccuracies of the watchtower. I'm guessing that your average Catholic, for example, has no idea what the Bible really says nor do they probably care.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    He that is without sin, cast the first stone.

Congrats on you and your organization being sin free!

Here is what I'm thinking Robbie as to why you are "Evangalophobic" as TOO is Christian phobic. I'm guessing that the most resistance you encounter in terms of doctrine are from evangelicals, who actually study the Bible because they actually believe wha ...[text shortened]... e Catholic, for example, has no idea what the Bible really says nor do they probably care.
    Bwhaha thats too funny, ive debated doctrine on these forumns for years and ive yet to meet an evangelical that knew what he was talking about. The watchtower is a magazine, its never been considered inspired nor those who produce it infallible making your assertion quite useless. Evangelicals hate Jesus that is the only explanation as to why they have painted such a grotesque caricature of him. How else are we to account for it.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:24
    Unless you repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus the Christ, your death will be followed by hell and hellfire.

The Instructor
    Prove it. Without regurgitating bible verses.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Prove it. Without regurgitating bible verses.
    These things are knowable in this life only by the special revelation of God.

The Instructor
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 May '13 12:35
    These things are knowable in this life only by the special revelation of God.

The Instructor
    Well isn't that convenient for you, you snake dancing southern Baptist

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree