Schoolmaster

Schoolmaster

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maryland

Moves
26 Mar 10

One good schoolmaster is worth more than a hundred priests. Thomas Paine

rc

Moves
26 Mar 10

"It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world. If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty." -Mohandas K. Gandhi

rc

Moves
26 Mar 10
1 edit

“When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world.” -Mohandas K. Gandhi

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
"It is the duty of every cultured man or woman to read sympathetically the scriptures of the world. If we are to respect others' religions as we would have them respect our own, a friendly study of the world's religions is a sacred duty." -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Even the best people can be wrong, apparently. I have never wasted my time more than when I read the Bible. Same thing with the Qu'ran. I am not wasting my time with any more.... not good stuff if I can help it. A friendly elucidation of the world's minds will go a long way to keeping religions from being problematic.

rc

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by UzumakiAi
Even the best people can be wrong, apparently. I have never wasted my time more than when I read the Bible. Same thing with the Qu'ran. I am not wasting my time with any more.... not good stuff if I can help it. A friendly elucidation of the world's minds will go a long way to keeping religions from being problematic.
the post was quoted for the reason that i find it ultimately ironic that a man should post a quotation with references to education while knowing practically nothing about the most widely printed and distributed book in mankind's history. dont you find it rather ironic?

Cape Town

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
“When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world.” -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Luckily I do not have a religion that I need others to respect. For those who do, I highly recommend following Gandhis advice.
I do think everyone should at least meet and talk with a member of any given religion before making too many judgements about that religion. What you read in the media is generally very biased and not a good reflection at all.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by UzumakiAi
Very closed minded of you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Luckily I do not have a religion that I need others to respect. For those who do, I highly recommend following Gandhis advice.
I do think everyone should at least meet and talk with a member of any given religion before making too many judgements about that religion. What you read in the media is generally very biased and not a good reflection at all.
"Luckily I do not have a religion..."

What ever you do don't be converted to any "religion". Religion is bunk.

What you want is to know God and to be known by Him.

Cape Town

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by josephw
Very closed minded of you.
Why is it closed minded of him? He has tried reading some religious books and found it to be a waste of time.
I can guarantee that you have either not read a significant proportion of religious texts, either because you thought it would be a waste of time, or you simply haven't bothered to consider it.
I can bet the same applies to texts on other subjects too such as science or sociology.
How very closed minded of you.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why is it closed minded of him? He has tried reading some religious books and found it to be a waste of time.
I can guarantee that you have either not read a significant proportion of religious texts, either because you thought it would be a waste of time, or you simply haven't bothered to consider it.
I can bet the same applies to texts on other subjects too such as science or sociology.
How very closed minded of you.
No Mr. twhitehead. I have read most everything.

I do not have a closed mind. I set out to learn the truth in my youth. I found the truth. It didn't come easy.

It is precisely because I have an open mind that I found the truth.

I hope that concept isn't lost on you.

Z

Moves
31 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
No Mr. twhitehead. I have read most everything.

I do not have a closed mind. I set out to learn the truth in my youth. I found the truth. It didn't come easy.

It is precisely because I have an open mind that I found the truth.

I hope that concept isn't lost on you.
how do you know you found the truth?
maybe the mormons have the truth and you just have a slice of it