1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 May '12 06:47
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I have been biting my tongue every time I read Buddhist threads and posts on here lately. My main problem is that I don't seem to speak the language of today's Buddhists. I am hesitant to respond because I'm not even sure what the posts are actually saying.

But this thread brings it into my realm of interest. I am far from an expert on physics. ...[text shortened]... arities of water are at the hydrogen atoms, which have their only electron shared.
    Edit: "My main problem is that I don't seem to speak the language of today's Buddhists."

What era's Buddhists language do you speak?
    😵
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 May '12 06:54
    Originally posted by Taoman
    A muttering black beetle wandered over Smetham's book, leaving a most helpful track....and his droppings make good fertilizer.
    Prior to the publishing of the book I told Smetham there will be too many people asking him why that Barbarian had no beard; he knew that thing, too, but he wanted anyway to explain his dream. I like this book😵
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 May '12 06:58
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Prior to the publishing of the book I told Smetham there will be too many people asking him why that Barbarian had no beard; he knew that thing, too, but he wanted anyway to explain his dream. I like this book😵
    And so, the clarity is obscured😵
  4. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    12 May '12 11:50
    And so, the clarity is obscured😵
    The many drops of rain...
    avoiding a drenching,
    one sits wet.

ó
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 May '12 10:40
    The many drops of rain...
    avoiding a drenching,
    one sits wet.

ó
    Yes; in other words, the fruit is neither the propositions of the Middle Way nor the negations triggered by the tetralemma, but the Middle Way unveiled when one goes beyond non-conceptually, following a path that is no path. For the path is not related to conceptual means that ease one to become Truth via specific concepts, nor related to not conceptual means that ease one to refuse concepts thus realizing that all appearances are empty, hence only ideas, thoughts, names.

So we sit quietly doing nothing, setting ablaze our conceptualized blocks of thought (but there are no words or other skilful means that they ease us to explain such a thing to the one who lacks of context). Seeing him smelling the flower the people saw him just smelling the flower, whilst one managed to break free simply by seeing him smelling the flower. Context is unavoidable but the hard work is not that easy
    😵
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    13 May '12 14:52
    Yes; in other words, the fruit is neither the propositions of the Middle Way nor the negations triggered by the tetralemma, but the Middle Way unveiled when one goes beyond non-conceptually, following a path that is no path. For the path is not related to conceptual means that ease one to become Truth via specific concepts, nor related to not conceptual ...[text shortened]... by seeing him smelling the flower. Context is unavoidable but the hard work is not that easy
    😵
    Could you point to a koan on this one, good sir?

Wet and am not drenched but umbrellas are still being offered by this one. Perhaps an umbrella might help to stop the rushing past the spot of no drenching, yet the need is to let go of the umbrella. He stares blankly.

The Tathagata created the context - and thus too the Sangha?

ó
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:40
    Edit: "My main problem is that I don't seem to speak the language of today's Buddhists."

What era's Buddhists language do you speak?
    😵
    Probably the era in which this was said:
    “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 May '12 16:59
    Could you point to a koan on this one, good sir?

Wet and am not drenched but umbrellas are still being offered by this one. Perhaps an umbrella might help to stop the rushing past the spot of no drenching, yet the need is to let go of the umbrella. He stares blankly.

The Tathagata created the context - and thus too the Sangha?

ó
    Mumonkan Case 4, dear sir😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    13 May '12 17:01
    “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
    Good, good! The Elder Brothers have indeed a certain way to pass it😵
  10. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 May '12 01:33
    Mumonkan Case 4, dear sir😵
    Thank you. This one searches so slowly for his glasses while wearing them!

ó
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '12 09:04
    Thank you. This one searches so slowly for his glasses while wearing them!

ó
    A certain mirror reflects two donkeys over their hitching posts; hopefully I know a person or two who see that reflection
    Namaste
    😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 May '12 09:08
    And what are you prepared to do with that jewel?
    😵
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 May '12 19:261 edit
    And what are you prepared to do with that jewel?
    😵
    Try to let go of grudges?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '12 02:52
    That is the idea of turning the other cheek.
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 May '12 04:40
    Yes, yes! When you have your grudges eliminated for good, you see that your mind can hijack you no more -then you can ride your mind the way you want keeping in mind that all of its projections lack of inherent existence. Then, the sole truth you have is you; choosing on your own what kind of truth will you become, and knowing deep down that your truth lacks of inherent existence, you enter the stream and you go beyond the gateless gate
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree