1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 06:42
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    You most assuredly had not I then, no, I was sticking up for a friend who deserved help from ridiculous actions of yours when you have intelligence and are aware of it, yet ARE NOT, to half the extent of it.. But I obviously stand not corrected, but correct by the likes of your reply.
    Your concern for the welfare of your "friend" should cover his existence by means of conversion of his delusions to understanding. You care not at all for your "friend". Instead, you used him as an excuse in order to preach to me your religious beliefs by asking me if I "think that God in "a thought" created ANYTHING, including "Let there be Light, and there was Light" to the void that was there opposed to what ONLY IS LIGHT etc etc". Since this is in my opinion a blind religious belief, I told you that you are delusional.
    If you think you are not, prey tell, how and by which means did you came to know for yourself that indeed "God in a thought created anything"?
    😵
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 06:56
    My comment of the above is that anyone can believe what they want, unless it is within respect for others, even if it contradicts science. This means that if someone believes in "Let there be light..." and such, then they can believe that, because it is a truth for them - a religious truth.

A religious truth has nothing to do with science, as long as the believer knows that. If he doesn't, then he is delusional. When someone says that "God created universe, life, and everything" and then adds "and this is a scientific fact!" then he is plain wrong. It's not a scientific fact.

Sometimes they think that science cannot be trusted, somtimes they use science to prove their religious truths. They want to play in the scientific playground when they want, but the cannot set the rules in the scientific domain. That they can do in their religous domain. Science never say anything about religious truths, it's simply not their job to do that.

Science deals with science, religion with religion. They never mix.

Religious people who clam that
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 07:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    My comment of the above is that anyone can believe what they want, unless it is within respect for others, even if it contradicts science. This means that if someone believes in "Let there be light..." and such, then they can believe that, because it is a truth for them - a religious truth.

A religious truth has nothing to do with science, as long as t ...[text shortened]... with science, religion with religion. They never mix.

Religious people who clam that
    Everybody is quite free to beleive whatever s/he wants, sure thing. However I will bow neither to unjustified religious beliefs nor to a so called "God" that somebody created out of her/ his own mind😵
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 07:18
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Everybody is quite free to beleive whatever s/he wants, sure thing. However I will bow neither to unjustified religious beliefs nor to a so called "God" that somebody created out of her/ his own mind😵
    If anyone wants to believe in their religious beliefs, and it doesn't affects others, and they respect others beliefs, scientific or not, then I don't see any harm with it.

I don't go into a church and tell them that the trinity is scientifically wrong, it would be disrespectful. When someone enter an astronomical observatory and tell the staff that the Universe is six thousands years old, and they will go to hell if they don't agree - that would be without respect.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 07:43
    If anyone wants to believe in their religious beliefs, and it doesn't affects others, and they respect others beliefs, scientific or not, then I don't see any harm with it.

I don't go into a church and tell them that the trinity is scientifically wrong, it would be disrespectful. When someone enter an astronomical observatory and tell the staff that th ...[text shortened]... nds years old, and they will go to hell if they don't agree - that would be without respect.
    I personally dont care how old the universe is, but to make a point i will comment.

I agree, I dont like people saying the universe is 6000 yrs old and if you dont accept it you,ll go to hell either....why, because its false.

But I dont like the scientists telling us, and teaching our kids false information either and there doing that.

Perfect information is only to be found in the Vedanta teachings, which are beyond human speculation and superstition.

There is absolutly no way that a scientist can determine the age of the universe, not now, not ever by their observation and scientific experiments.

vishva
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 08:30

I don't go into a church and tell them that the trinity is scientifically wrong, it would be disrespectful. When someone enter an astronomical observatory and tell the staff that th ...[text shortened]... nds years old, and they will go to hell if they don't agree - that would be without respect.
    I join hands with you, my Gota enemy😵
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 08:36
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    I personally dont care how old the universe is, but to make a point i will comment.

I agree, I dont like people saying the universe is 6000 yrs old and if you dont accept it you,ll go to hell either....why, because its false.

But I dont like the scientists telling us, and teaching our kids false information either and there doing that.

Perfect in ...[text shortened]... ge of the universe, not now, not ever by their observation and scientific experiments.

vishva
    When you know scientific methodology, you will change your mind.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 08:40

Perfect in ...[text shortened]... ge of the universe, not now, not ever by their observation and scientific experiments.

vishva
    What exactly is this "perfect information that is only to be found in the Vedanta teachings"? And which way did you evaluate these pieces of perfect information as such on your own?

Furthermore, who exactly did teach your children "false information", what exact piece of information was teached to them, and how did you react regarding this matter in order to assure that your children will not get stranded by these scientists?
    😵
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    30 Sep '10 21:53
    Time is a ~false foundation~ that mankind lives to as a structured view to days..

What I mean is it is an illusion and a figment, not ever a reality, other then the reality of it's making, as a nightmare seems real until one has been awoken from. I am not saying time is bad, however all that there ACTUALLY is IS Eternity..

You ever experience time to lapse when you ~wished~ it were the other way around?

When you wish for it to be shorter then it's appearing, it will lengthen your ~conscious view~ to it.. Kind of like a cut, the more you dwell on it, the more it inflames, and the less you think of such, it dissipates.. Same as time, for it's ALL mental, being EVERYTHING IS consciousness...
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 19:21
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Time is a ~false foundation~ that mankind lives to as a structured view to days..

What I mean is it is an illusion and a figment, not ever a reality, other then the reality of it's making, as a nightmare seems real until one has been awoken from. I am not saying time is bad, however all that there ACTUALLY is IS Eternity..

You ever experience t ...[text shortened]... such, it dissipates.. Same as time, for it's ALL mental, being EVERYTHING IS consciousness...
    Well, thank God I didn't really just waste 40 seconds reading that garbage.

P-
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '10 21:28
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Well, thank God I didn't really just waste 40 seconds reading that garbage.

P-
    unbelievable
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '10 23:50
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    Science (man's ignorant developed concept of science) and God is like saying "Flesh and Spirit, ever enmity toward's one another" just the simple fact that science views materially..
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 04:501 edit
    What exactly is this "perfect information that is only to be found in the Vedanta teachings"? And which way did you evaluate these pieces of perfect information as such on your own?

Furthermore, who exactly did teach your children "false information", what exact piece of information was teached to them, and how did you react regarding this matter in order to assure that your children will not get stranded by these scientists?
    😵
    You have to do your own home work...for once, if you want your enquirys met.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 16:54
    You have to do your own home work...for once, if you want your enquirys met.
    According to my homework, you are just another common religious fundamentalist who decided to beleive blindly somebody elses' religious doctrines😵
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 21:11
    According to my homework, you are just another common religious fundamentalist who decided to beleive blindly somebody elses' religious doctrines😵
    And I would state that my observations find you a very intelligent man, yet built strongly in ignorant knowledge, thereby ~losing~ how wise you truly could be, which is case in point for all humanity, they that are lost to the fact that God is SPIRIT, and manifests ~only~ that which is of himself, and NEVER any form of materiallity, as it is man's manifestation due to the 1st sin on earth which separated mankind to know themselves correctly..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree