1. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    1110
    20 Sep '10 16:09
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    20 Sep '10 16:59
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    No, I cannot think this. Science cannot prove, nor disprove, an existance of a supernatural being. Science doesn't deal with this. Actually noone can. Many have tried. Religion and sciene cannot ever mix.
  3. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    20 Sep '10 17:33
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    As an atheist, I obviously think that no god will every be found by science.
    Most theists claim that they have good reason to believe that God exists. Surely if their reasons are valid, they should stand up to scientific investigation and essentially be confirmed by science.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    20 Sep '10 18:40
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As an atheist, I obviously think that no god will every be found by science.
    Most theists claim that they have good reason to believe that God exists. Surely if their reasons are valid, they should stand up to scientific investigation and essentially be confirmed by science.
    Well the old saying really applies here to some extent, "You can't see the forest for the trees."
    In reality everything we see around us is from God. I'm curious what scientific facts prove there is no God?
  5. Subscriberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Joined
    01 Sep '06
    Moves
    56453
    20 Sep '10 19:022 edits
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    science is a wonderful thing. The technology we develope from it has eased the suffering of Billions; yet science can never do what religion does. Science cannot answer important questions like: why I am I here? What is the purpose of life? Why am I unhappy? How can I be happy?

    No, science has its place and its use, but it will never replace faith
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    20 Sep '10 19:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well the old saying really applies here to some extent, "You can't see the forest for the trees."
    In reality everything we see around us is from God. I'm curious what scientific facts prove there is no God?
    Again, science cannot prove there is no god. This doesn't say automatically that there is a god. Science cannot prove that either. It's not what science does.

    Those who mix science with religion will always get trouble.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91666
    20 Sep '10 19:36
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    I dont know if science will find god, but in the future science may well discover things that are considered godly in the present.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Joined
    24 May '04
    Moves
    148459
    21 Sep '10 01:00
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    No
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    4146
    21 Sep '10 03:00
    no God can't be proved or disproved....there is no concrete evidence either way..mostly folklore and hearsay for proof there is a God....and you can't prove a negative so you cannot disprove it either
  10. Territories Unknown
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    21 Sep '10 03:20
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    dose any one think or feel that sci will one day uncover the fact that there is a god and that the universe was created by him or will it find that there is no god what are your thoughts
    Science already has done this very same thing!

    He was witnessed, observed, touched, prodded, tested and found pure.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    21 Sep '10 03:282 edits
    Science and god don't mix because
    1) Religion is all about magic and fairy tales.

    2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", and none of these are contained in "god".
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    21 Sep '10 03:47
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Science and god don't mix because
    1) Religion is all about magic and fairy tales.

    2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", "c", "e", and none of these are contained in "god".
    So there's no facts or truth in religion or the Bible?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    21 Sep '10 03:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So there's no facts or truth in religion or the Bible?
    He didn't say anything about the truth inthe bible. Science is one thing. Religion is another.

    When science and the word in bible differs, then science rules in the scientific domain and religion rules in the religious domain.
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    21 Sep '10 03:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He didn't say anything about the truth inthe bible. Science is one thing. Religion is another.

    When science and the word in bible differs, then science rules in the scientific domain and religion rules in the religious domain.
    OK. Thanks for the explination.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    21 Sep '10 06:14
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Science and god don't mix because
    1) Religion is all about magic and fairy tales.

    2) The word "science" is formed from the letters "s", "c", "i", "e", "n", and none of these are contained in "god".
    Are you a teacher of some sorts?.......curious

    vishva
Back to Top