1. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 06:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    abiogenesis is NOT evolution

it amounts to the same thing though in spiritual terms, a purely materialistic view of the emergence and diversification of life.
    And in scientific terms all religions amount to the same thing - a totally delusional view of the universe. But clearly that does not mean we should confuse Islamic teachings with Christian ones or think that an argument against a Hindu teaching disproves Christianity.
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:05
    Evolutionists all don't even agree on the same basic things in evolution. Evolution doesn't even go back that far in history anyway. This all just explains why so many people believe it's just another fairy tale like Santa, hence all the fighting.

The stuff that comes up in evolution just surprises me everyday, cause who thinks out all this garbage? Evolution only proves nothing, and never could provide valid prove of any of their claims.

Evolution claims that everything as we see it today, came from nothing. They also claim that the mighty huge universe came from a big bang starting from the size of a dot like this one -> .
    LOL................and LOL again. Wow, it's really dumb.

I see evolution as a "want to be programmer/coder" whom steals code that already exists and claims it as his own, hence the reason why such a person doesn't know how to debug his own systems.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:102 edits
    Originally posted by Nicksten

Evolution claims that everything as we see it today, came from nothing. They also claim that the mighty huge universe came from a big bang starting from the size of a dot like this one -> .
    LOL................and LOL again. Wow, it's really dumb.
    Yeah, the worst part any astrophysics course is the required unit on evolution.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:25
    Evolutionists all don't even agree on the same basic things in evolution. Evolution doesn't even go back that far in history anyway. This all just explains why so many people believe it's just another fairy tale like Santa, hence all the fighting.

The stuff that comes up in evolution just surprises me everyday, cause who thinks out all this garbage? Evol ...[text shortened]... as his own, hence the reason why such a person doesn't know how to debug his own systems.
    Another one using the scientific word "evolution" with a spiritual definition. It's okay. As long you know it. Do you?

Evolution doesn't say every life comes from nothing. It's not within the domain of evolution. What you're talking about is abiogenesis. So if we're talking about science, you're wrong.

If you learn something about evolution, then we can have a fruitful debate. But if you base your debate on desinformation you've gotten from non-scientific people, then you are bound to fail.

If I was a Christian (which I am not) I would call Evolution with all its glory as the most prominent part of Gods creation. You deny evolution. Then you deny a part of the Creation. That cannot be the intention of your God, could it?

Now, please, every non-believer, go learn evolution, then we can debate on equal terms.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 08:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Another one using the scientific word "evolution" with a spiritual definition. It's okay. As long you know it. Do you?

Evolution doesn't say every life comes from nothing. It's not within the domain of evolution. What you're talking about is abiogenesis. So if we're talking about science, you're wrong.

If you learn something about evolution, then we ...[text shortened]... Now, please, every non-believer, go learn evolution, then we can debate on equal terms.
    As a Christian, I believe that God created everything there is. Evolution only forms part of God's creation that was already there and with certain things only.

Evolution in the form of spirituality is garbage, and in the form science has only proven stuff that was already there in the first place. Evolution tries to proof the age of fossils but in fact can not even correctly proof the age a tree still planted.

I do not want to study something of which in its greater whole goes against my faith. I simply do not have time for that as I much better could use it to grow in something I believe in, and that is praising God 😉
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 08:33
    As a Christian, I believe that God created everything there is. Evolution only forms part of God's creation that was already there and with certain things only.

Evolution in the form of spirituality is garbage, and in the form science has only proven stuff that was already there in the first place. Evolution tries to proof the age of fossils but in fact ...[text shortened]... at as I much better could use it to grow in something I believe in, and that is praising God 😉
    I believe that God created everything there is.

So you believe God created God?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 08:33

Evolution in the form of spirituality is garbage, and in the form science has only proven stuff that was already there in the first place. Evolution tries to proof the age of fossils but in fact ...[text shortened]... at as I much better could use it to grow in something I believe in, and that is praising God 😉
    So in short what you're saying is, you'd rather live in your make believe delusional fairytale world than try than accept the truth?!
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 08:34

Some of what you're saing makes sense.

"As a Christian, I believe that God created everything there is. Evolution only forms part of God's creation that was already there and with certain things only."

That's one of the tasks of science. To observe, and explain things that's already there. The science of evolution talks about evolution, not about its creation, how it come to be. That's what abiogenesis is, not evolution.

"Evolution tries to proof the age of fossils but in fact can not even correctly proof the age a tree still planted."

Dendrochronology does the trick about when a tree is planted. Radiometric dating does the trick about fossils.

"I do not want to study something of which in its greater whole goes against my faith."

This is one thing I don't agree upon. To know the nature of god is to study science. Because in the fabric of universe, from micro level to macro level, you can find the intention of god. If you don't learn about science, then you will never leanr anything new about god. Everything in religion is already written. No new thoughts can arise from what is already written. You can praise, praise, and praise again, but learning nothing about gods true nature.

What is the religious meaning about the quarks? Are they just there on no purpous at all? Or is it the guarantee that the neutrons and protons just will decay into nothingness? So god has a plan with the quarks. Go find it, and then praise him about it. There are things we don't understand. Why just sit there and praise and remain unconcios about the grandeur of god, by learning about science?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:00
    Evolutionists all don't even agree on the same basic things in evolution. Evolution doesn't even go back that far in history anyway.
    Do you mean the Theory is not that old, or are you saying what it is a theory about is not that old? Whichever you meant, you have a problem. If you meant the latter, then you contradict yourself later, by essentially equating evolution with the history of the universe, if you meant the former then how exactly is it relevant?

This all just explains why so many people believe it's just another fairy tale like Santa, hence all the fighting.
    No, the reason many people believe it is just another fairy tale is because they see it as conflicting with their own fairy tale (religion). I doubt that you can find any reasonably well educated person who doubts evolution and is not religious.

The 'fighting' as you call it is mostly some theists (a minority at that) trying to discredit the theory as they see it as a threat to their religion.

The stuff that comes up in evolution just surprises me everyday, cause who thinks out all this garbage? Evolution only proves nothing, and never could provide valid prove of any of their claims.
    Many of the claims are not only provable but obviously true. For you to make that statement only shows you have very little knowledge of the subject - or are simply deliberately making exaggerated statements you know to be false.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 10:07
    Evolution in the form of spirituality is garbage, and in the form science has only proven stuff that was already there in the first place.
    Well if it proved things that didn't exist prior to Theorizing about them then I would be worried.

Evolution tries to proof the age of fossils but in fact can not even correctly proof the age a tree still planted.
    Evolution is a theory. As such it doesn't try to prove anything. Rather, it helps explain observations. How we measure the date of fossils or trees is another field altogether, and only provides supporting observations for the Theory of Evolution.

I do not want to study something of which in its greater whole goes against my faith.
    But how would you know that if you don't even know the very basics of what evolution is? Its like refusing to listen to a Christian because you don't like one of Mohammed's teachings.
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 13:30

The stuff that comes up in evolution just surprises me everyday, cause who thinks out all this garbage? Evol ...[text shortened]... as his own, hence the reason why such a person doesn't know how to debug his own systems.
    “...Evolution claims that everything as we see it today, came from nothing....”

Don't be stupid, evolution doesn't “claim” that everything we see “came from nothing” 😛

Evolution is a theory of the creation of the diversity of species -THAT IS ALL.

Evolution does not say something “came from nothing” and does NOT claim to explain how “ everything as we see it today”, including the planets, came to existence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree