1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 07:402 edits
    If you google the following title, you will get a better understanding of what the Vedic teachings are about.

Title. (Richard L. Thomson - Science from the Vedic Perspective.) audio lectures.

Richard L Thomson has degrees in many departments of science, including mathematics and quantum physics.(and follows the Vedanta teachings for spiritual advancement)

Now before 20 people respond, and say that your not going to do that, I dont mind one way or the other, but if there is one person out there who may be interested, then this is for him/her.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '10 08:28
    There is a Spirituality forum.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 03:07
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    If you google the following title, you will get a better understanding of what the Vedic teachings are about.

Title. (Richard L. Thomson - Science from the Vedic Perspective.) audio lectures.

Richard L Thomson has degrees in many departments of science, including mathematics and quantum physics.(and follows the Vedanta teachings for spiritual adv ...[text shortened]... the other, but if there is one person out there who may be interested, then this is for him/her.
    What would make Vedic teachings any more scientific than say, Islam or Judaism?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No religion is scientific in its very nature. The religion part of any religion cannot ever be scientific.

But I rather have this entire thread be moved to Spiritual Forum.
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 23:04
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No religion is scientific in its very nature. The religion part of any religion cannot ever be scientific.

But I rather have this entire thread be moved to Spiritual Forum.
    Christian Science
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 00:38
    Hey Vishva: Did this thread get moved from the Science forum?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 01:34
    Karoly,.... the Vedic teachings are the higher science of Life, haven,t people heard of, the science of cooking, or the science of politics!
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 01:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Islam and Judaism, teach superstition and error.

Vedanta teacings have the highest truth, and do not deal in error.
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 02:09
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No,....but, Vedic teachings are the highest science of life, and anything to do with life spiritually belongs in this forum.

Actally the Vedic teachings belong in many forums.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 03:43
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    Christian Science
    When this christian science, as you call it, scientifically prove the existence of their god, the cornerstone of christianity, then I will change my mind.

Atomic theory is science based upon existance of atoms, as christianity is based upon the religious belief that there is a god. But guess what, the existance of atoms is proved. Therefore atomic theroy has a good scientific foundation. Christian science has not.

Please - whenever you call a religion a science, plese present the proof of the existance of their god. Hell, the abundance of christian movements proves that the foundation of this religion is very lose. Which is okay for a religion, but not for a science.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 06:15
    Karoly,.... the Vedic teachings are the higher science of Life, haven,t people heard of, the science of cooking, or the science of politics!
    From Wikipedia:
    Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"😉 is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the natural world.

Even the 'science of cooking' and 'science of politics' basically follow the same formula ie they study a topic via scientific principles.
    To simple call something science (as you have done with the Vedic teachings) does not make it science. All it is is an attempt to use the word 'science' to give the teachings greater credibility. Sadly, the actual effect is to remove all credibility is the immediate response it to treat them as 'junk science'.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 07:441 edit
    No,....but, Vedic teachings are the highest science of life, and anything to do with life spiritually belongs in this forum.

Actally the Vedic teachings belong in many forums.
    No,....but, Vedic teachings....

Your pants are on fire!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 21:201 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]No,....but, Vedic teachings....

Your pants are on fire![/b]
    What the hell is going on here? I noticed he replied to sonhouse who hangs out at science. Hmmm,very fishy...

(I know agerg, I'm slow:] )
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 02:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    From Wikipedia:
    Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"😉 is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the natural world.

Even the 'science of cooking' and 'science of politics' basically follow the same formula ie they study a topic via scientific principles. ...[text shortened]... o remove all credibility is the immediate response it to treat them as 'junk science'.
    I have responded to this accusation in a previous post, and I will repeat.

The subject matter of the spiritual experiment is your own consciousness, and you apply spiritual principles and practices to to yourself and you observe the raising of consciousness.

The principle is the same, but the item of experimentation is different.

Now you know, so we wont talk about this again. OK
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 06:46
    The subject matter of the spiritual experiment is your own consciousness, and you apply spiritual principles and practices to to yourself and you observe the raising of consciousness.
    Well clearly 'spiritual principles' and 'scientific principles' are not the same thing. Call it spirituality if you like, but science it is not.

The principle is the same, but the item of experimentation is different.
    No, the principles are not the same.

Now you know, so we wont talk about this again. OK
    Refusing to discuss something is always your way when you know you are wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree