1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 01:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    My take: Although humans have intellectual limits, even the best of us, that does not mean we will not penetrate deeper into the mysteries of the universe.

We are no longer alone in our pursuit of deep knowledge. We now have computers getting ever more powerful, now able to crank out quadrillions of calculations per second to simulate facets of the unive ...[text shortened]... ned human/computer team can also change the world with discoveries we can only speculate on now.
    Computers are now and always will be limited to our skill sets.
    Garbage in garbage out, they only do what we tell them not what we
    want. They are not going to rise up and take over the world because they
    are smarter than us, all they are, and all they ever will be are super fast
    adding machines.
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 04:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I imagine though, that if it "walks like a duck", and "quacks like a duck", and "looks like a duck", then it's probably a duck. You can excuse us for becoming confused in this case.
    I have never said anything in this forum to even remotely suggest that I "hold to the premise that all of 'this' ~ life ~ is ultimately meaningless". If you think I have then, rather than hide behind a claim that you are "confused" or hide behind dreary thought-strangling cliches about "ducks", why not just point out a few of the times when you think I have argued that life is "ultimately meaningless"? 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree