Science Stoppers

Science Stoppers

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I said you understand nothing. That was pretty clear.

You NEED attacking. You are a 10th century man tilting at creationist windmills. To no avail AND no credibility.
Yes it is clear you are attacking me because you have no logical argument.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes it is clear you are attacking me because you have no logical argument.
I stopped trying to give you logical arguments because no matter WHAT ANYONE comes up with you just go 'I'm covering my ears, I can't hear you, NYA NYAA NYAA because GODDIDIT'.

That was your answer last year, your answers today and will be your answers next year and the year after that so I have stopped bothering with logical answers because your OCD paranoid programmed 10th century brain is immune to logic.

You wouldn't know real logic if it came up and bit you on the ass.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 May 14

I stopped trying to give you logical arguments because no matter WHAT ANYONE comes up with you just go 'I'm covering my ears, I can't hear you, NYA NYAA NYAA because GODDIDIT'.

That was your answer last year, your answers today and will be your answers next year and the year after that so I have stopped bothering with logical answers because your OCD par ...[text shortened]... brain is immune to logic.

You wouldn't know real logic if it came up and bit you on the ass.
Ad Hominem attacks will certainly not convince me that you are right. So you must give logical arguments or nothing at all.

Moves
25 May 14

Anyone seriously interested in the question of whether to accept an old earth and evolution as well-supported theories can look around on the internet instead of asking folks who post on a spirituality forum in their spare time.

Example:

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-why-evolution-is-true/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

Originally posted by JS357
Anyone seriously interested in the question of whether to accept an old earth and evolution as well-supported theories can look around on the internet instead of asking folks who post on a spirituality forum in their spare time.

Example:

http://ideonexus.com/2012/02/12/101-reasons-why-evolution-is-true/
The problem with that is that you may come across a false teacher like you did. One must be able to discern the difference.

Moves
26 May 14

The problem with that is that you may come across a false teacher like you did. One must be able to discern the difference.
Sonhouse was correct not to bother.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

Sonhouse was correct not to bother.
The standard trick of false teachers is to mix truth with error.

Moves
26 May 14

The standard trick of false teachers is to mix truth with error.
As opposed to rebutting any particular point, you state a generality without citing any particular errors. But yes, science always has, and always will, have errors. If you demand science be error free before accepting any of its findings, you don't understand science.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

As opposed to rebutting any particular point, you state a generality without citing any particular errors. But yes, science always has, and always will, have errors. If you demand science be error free before accepting any of its findings, you don't understand science.
That's why I put more faith in the error free inspired word of God.

Moves
26 May 14

That's why I put more faith in the error free inspired word of God.
Go in peace.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

Okay, look at the first topic: We live on a very old Earth.

1.Lithologic Stratigraphy

Under the picture we see the following lie:

Looking at Millions and Millions of Years -- THE LIE

Then we have the truth:

The Earth’s crust has layers. Some of these layers are from the decomposition of sediment, others come from chemical precipitation, others from decaying organic matter, and others from volcanic lava. The reason we can see the layers is because they were formed in different ways.

SO WE HAVE A LIE MIXED WITH THE TRUTH JUST AS I SAID FALSE TEACHERS DO.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 May 14

Okay, look at the first topic: [b]We live on a very old Earth.

Then we have the truth:

The Earth’s crust has layers. Some of these layers are from the decomposition of sediment, others come from chem ...[text shortened]... n different ways.

SO WE HAVE A LIE MIXED WITH THE TRUTH JUST AS I SAID FALSE TEACHERS DO.[/b]
That's your big rebuttal? Just words, no links to another bogus pseudoscientific clap trap site?

The way science really works is you have a hypothesis, find evidence, write a paper, maybe it gets accepted by some journal, then people will demand to know why that hypothesis works better than the old one.

Perhaps some experimenter will take on that hypothesis and come up with supporting evidence and maybe he will come up with a rebuttal,.

The whole point is your creationist buddies KNOW they would get shot down with antique science proven wrong 30 years ago or more so all they have is to go political and convince weak minded individuals like yourself as a political ploy.

They want political power, not caring a whit about actual science.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

That's your big rebuttal? Just words, no links to another bogus pseudoscientific clap trap site?

The way science really works is you have a hypothesis, find evidence, write a paper, maybe it gets accepted by some journal, then people will demand to know why that hypothesis works better than the old one.

Perhaps some experimenter will take on that hyp ...[text shortened]... self as a political ploy.

They want political power, not caring a whit about actual science.
Fossils in Layers Made By Mt. St. Helens

or maybe this:

Mt St Helen's : Monument to the Flood

or this:

Little Grand Canyon Formed in 1980

and this:

Mt. St. Helens and Catastrophism

http://www.icr.org/article/mt-st-helens-catastrophism/

Moves
26 May 14

Okay, look at the first topic: [b]We live on a very old Earth.

Then we have the truth:

The Earth’s crust has layers. Some of these layers are from the decomposition of sediment, others come from chem ...[text shortened]... n different ways.

SO WE HAVE A LIE MIXED WITH THE TRUTH JUST AS I SAID FALSE TEACHERS DO.[/b]
If the alternative hypotheisis is some form of Godidit, it is a science stopper as theist Plantinga defined that term. Why don't you just admit that and go in peace?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 May 14

If the alternative hypotheisis is some form of Godidit, it is a science stopper as theist Plantinga defined that term. Why don't you just admit that and go in peace?
But it is a Spirituality Starter.