1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 22:56
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    You are a conscious scientist, so i would like to know how you would do all your scientific work without a consciousness, your consciousness is a direct product of spirit, consciouness is not a material thing.

vishva
    As for my consciousness being a direct product of spirit, how do you know this, other than that you - know - it. This is just more mumbo jumbo.
    Why is consciousness not a material thing?
    Why can't the electrical firings of neurons in a brain produce consciousness?
    Yes, we know little about this, but that's what science thrives on - ignorance.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    08 Aug '10 23:31
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=======================
    I would rather have scientific knowledge than a soul.
    ==============================

That's a logical contradition. You cannot have knowledge without a soul.

And I rather like the words of Christ to seek FIRST the kingdom and His righteousness AND all these things will be added to you.

I do not disappea ...[text shortened]... is basically a waste of time.

And you probably feel that same towards me, so we're even.[/b]
    That's a logical contradition. You cannot have knowledge without a soul.
    No contradiction if you define the soul to be something that doesn't expire when our physical bodies expire.

Not necessarily with yourself but I too have had little success in getting a vivid impression of what this soul thing is and why we need a word for it. In particular they tend to dodge questions like is the soul affected by drugs/alcohol? If I suffer brain damage, is the soul damaged too?

A question I haven't asked is: If a 2 week old baby dies, what is it's nature of existence in "the afterlife"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree