1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 14:38
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Okay, here goes...

I didn't.

Was that 21 short, or am I docked for using a contraction?
    Docking you sir would be like taking away a bone from a sick and disorientated puppy.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 15:04
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Docking you sir would be like taking away a bone from a sick and disorientated puppy.
    Like a leg bone?
    He's already crippled mentally and you wish to hobble him physically, too?
    You're a sick puppy, sir.
    Cruel and heartless.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 16:03
    Like a leg bone?
    He's already crippled mentally and you wish to hobble him physically, too?
    You're a sick puppy, sir.
    Cruel and heartless.
    Survival of the fittest sir.

😏
  4. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 17:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    It has everything to do with the global warming speculation. Cap and trade is being sold to the public by the people saying that global warming is a problem. However, scientists say that cap and trade is nothing but a band aid on the problem and is nothing more than another money making scam.

So what you have is a liar selling the problems of global warm ...[text shortened]... earth as they live jet set lives and live in numerous mansions around the world and drive SUV's.
    [...]scientists say that cap and trade is nothing but a band aid on the problem and is nothing more than another money making scam.[...]

Is this similar to how a scientist says he may have proof God exists, except that he didn't?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 17:06
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    The human brain has ~85 billion Neurons, and a number of species have larger
    brains with many more. Including elephants and whales.
    Larger brain does not equal more neurons. Neurons vary considerably in size.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 22:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Larger brain does not equal more neurons. Neurons vary considerably in size.
    Yeah, that would be why I looked up the numbers of neurons before I made that post.

Something you could have done before posting.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 22:30
    Yeah, because it's not like we have any evidence in the real world of Christians attacking
    science by [for example] trying to get evolution removed from textbooks and get it replaced
    with Christian creationism and so called Intelligent Design.... Oh no wait, we see exactly that.
    And you think any reference to God should be removed from the public square, and that that isn't exactly what's happening? How hypocritical can you be?

Just because you don't believe you think no one else should either.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Survival of the fittest sir.

😏
    It's a dog eat dog world. Evolution in action. Get out of my way because I'm bigger than you and I'll force you into submission. And that's alright because science has proven there is no God, so we may as well act like the animals we are.

It's so beautiful. 😞
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 22:55
    Yeah, that would be why I looked up the numbers of neurons before I made that post.

Something you could have done before posting.
    You looked it up!?!
    And STILL got it wrong??

Oh, dear...
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 10:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    And you think any reference to God should be removed from the public square, and that that isn't exactly what's happening? How hypocritical can you be?

I believe people should be rational, and thus not believe in gods [or anything else] without
    evidence and/or reason to do so.

However I do not
    "think any reference to God should be removed from the public square,"

because that would require unethical [and practically impossible] coercion. People have the
    right to believe whatever crazy nonsense they want, so long as they follow the secular laws
    of the land.

and that that isn't exactly what's happening?

No it really is not. What is happening, is that people are fighting to stop you and yours from
    imposing your religious beliefs on everyone else. They are fighting to maintain and uphold
    the 'separation of church and state' that your country was founded upon. They are fighting
    for SECULAR and not atheist government. There is a big difference.
    For starters there are many theists interested in having secular government, because they
    recognise that it might not be their religion that gets shoved down everyone's throats by
    whichever sect is in power. [Or they are self enlightened enough to realise what that would
    be like even if their particular sect is likely to be the one that would land up in power].

How hypocritical can you be?

You have not demonstrated that I have any level of Hypocrisy so far.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 10:21
    You looked it up!?!
    And STILL got it wrong??

Oh, dear...
    Only in your tiny and deluded mind.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 10:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's a dog eat dog world. Evolution in action. Get out of my way because I'm bigger than you and I'll force you into submission. And that's alright because science has proven there is no God, so we may as well act like the animals we are.

It's so beautiful. 😞
    That is bull**** and you know it.

There are no moral philosophers of any standing anywhere that claim that to be true,
    no mainstream scientists making that argument, no atheist groups claim that, and
    all the evidence shows that all things being equal less religious [more atheistic]
    societies are nicer and more moral places to live.

If you want to make up straw man arguments against us that only reflects on how weak
    your position is that you must lie about ours to try [and fail] to make your point.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 10:35
    Only in your tiny and deluded mind.
    Yes, in my teensie tiny little deluded mind, 85 and 86 billion are a full one billion apart from each other.
    Perhaps I should see someone about my frail grasp on reality.
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 12:26
    Yes, in my teensie tiny little deluded mind, 85 and 86 billion are a full one billion apart from each other.
    Perhaps I should see someone about my frail grasp on reality.
    Yes, but I didn't write 85 billion.
    I wrote ~85 billion which means APPROXIMATELY 85 billion.

86 billion IS approximately 85 billion to the degree of accuracy we are talking about.

Particularly when comparing it to the number 100 billion, which was close to a complete guess.
    A reasonably accurate one as it turns out, 100 billion is not that far off, but it wasn't a measurement
    but a rough approximation that just got repeated around and around as a fact.

Also, that wasn't the actually important part of my post, which was to point out that there are other
    creatures with brains that have many many more neurons, which means that the human brain is not
    the most complex object in the known universe, even if that title is held by a type of brain which is
    not necessarily true either.

And yes, you should definitely see someone about your frail grasp on reality.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 12:30
    Ah, I have finally found the 'source' of this idiotic story. Which is a youtube video he did from
    about 3 years ago that makes almost none of the claims that the article from the OP, who
    just discovered this, says it says.

Michio Kaku: Is God a Mathematician?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jremlZvNDuk

PZ Myers nails this pretty nicely.
    https://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2016/06/07/what-do-physicists-think-of-michio-kaku/
    Interesting site you referenced. I was pleased it in turn linked me also to some videos by Victor Stringer, one about the abuse of physics (by Creationists) being highly relevant to this discussion of course,
    YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree