1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 04:112 edits
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Genesis 1:31 "And God saw that everything he made was the bomb. And it was all good." Snoop Dogg Modern Day Hood Translation
    Interesting. I have the same translation at home.

John 5:19 "Yo, Yo, Yo listen up, the Son does noth'in on his own cept what he sees his Father do'in. For whateva the Father is do'in, that's what the Son is down with also. Now wave ya hands in the air like ya really do care!!" Frashislemanisl.

Edit: Do pardon the spelling Rajk999. After all, Whodey's in the house!!!
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Interesting. I have the same translation at home.

John 5:19 "Yo, Yo, Yo listen up, the Son does noth'in on his own cept what he sees his Father do'in. For whateva the Father is do'in, that's what the Son is down with also. Now wave ya hands in the air like ya really do care!!"
    Sounds like prophesying to me.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 04:441 edit
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Sounds like prophesying to me.
    Matthew 11:25 "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father, and no man knows the Son, but the Father, neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 10:452 edits
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.
    Good scripture Skip, you should listen to it. 😉🙂 It's nice to see you're reading the bible. 😉
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 11:12
    Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it will be given to you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you.
    8. For Everyone who asks recieves, and he who Seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 11:53
    Matthew 11:25 "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father, and no man knows the Son, but the Father, neither knows any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."
    Following ATY's idea -

1 Cor 3 18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man thinketh that he is wise among you in this world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise.
    19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He that taketh the wise in their craftiness.
  7. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 12:09
    "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, "Bugger off, Baldy! Bugger off, Baldy!".
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 12:38
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    "And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, "Bugger off, Baldy! Bugger off, Baldy!".
    2 Kings 2:24
    So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled 42 of the youths.
  9. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 12:40
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    2 Kings 2:24
    So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled 42 of the youths.
    They kept good records!
  10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 13:02
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    They kept good records!
    2 Timonthy 3;16
    All scripture is given by the inspiration of God. And is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
    (lol, yes God has pretty good records)
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 15:46
    Good scripture Skip, you should listen to it. 😉🙂 It's nice to see you're reading the bible. 😉
    You know its funny how two opposing view points can take the same scripture and apply it to their respective positions as ammunition. Really it should be viewed as being directed at us all and not only at one party. The word should reveal where we are at error more than where other people may be in error. That is when it is doing its job.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 15:57
    Matthew 7:7

"Ask, and it will be given to you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you.
    8. For Everyone who asks recieves, and he who Seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
    Luke 12:29 "And seek not what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, neither be of a doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after and your Father knows that you have need of these things. But rather seek the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you."
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 16:06
    Luke 12:29 "And seek not what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, neither be of a doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after and your Father knows that you have need of these things. But rather seek the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you."
    Exodus 16:3

The sons of Israel said to them, "Would that we had died by the LORD'S hand in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat, when we ate bread to the full; for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger."
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 16:33
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Exodus 16:3

The sons of Israel said to them, "Would that we had died by the LORD'S hand in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the pots of meat, when we ate bread to the full; for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger."
    They were a group of complainers were they not?

Exodus 5 we see them complaining to Moses for trying to deliver them from the hand of Pharaoh because the Pahraoh then made life harder on them by not giving them straw to make bricks. Then he later delivered them despite their rejection of Moses after the plagues had taken place.

In Exodus 14 we see the Israelites complaining because Pharoah's army was coming after them in the desert and they told Moses that God had brought them there to die. Then God opened the Red Sea for them to escape.

In Exodus 15:24 the people murmered against God again for lack of water and so they were provided water and then again in Exodus 17:7 they thirsted again and wondered if God was with them.

Then in Exodus 32 we see the people questioning if God was with them again and built a golden calf to worship instead of their God.

Then in Numbers 14 the Israelites are at it again as they question why God would bring them to the promised land only to die by the sword because there were giants in the land.

Yep there is no doubt about it. Nobody like a whiner!! Either God is with us in the midst of our troubles or he is not. Then when he delivers us we give him no credit whatsoever.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Jul '07 17:05
    Matthew 11:28

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

30. "for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree