8. 'These people draw near to Me with their lips,

But their heart is far from Me.

9. And in vain they worship Me,

Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jul '07 13:53
    Interesting list of 'woes' that not many people like to comment about :

Luke 6: 24 But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
    25 Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
    26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 18:40
    Luke 14 : 12 ............... When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompense be made thee.
    13 But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
    14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 21:40
    Hebrews 13:2 Forget not to show love unto strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 22:26
    Jer 2:13
    13 "For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns-- broken cisterns that can hold no water.
    (NKJ)
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 22:30
    Ezek 33:30-32
    30 "As for you, son of man, the children of your people are talking about you beside the walls and in the doors of the houses; and they speak to one another, everyone saying to his brother, 'Please come and hear what the word is that comes from the LORD.'
    31 "So they come to you as people do, they sit before you as My people, and they hear your words, but they do not do them; for with their mouth they show much love, but their hearts pursue their own gain.
    32 "Indeed you are to them as a very lovely song of one who has a pleasant voice and can play well on an instrument; for they hear your words, but they do not do them.
    (NKJ)
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Aug '07 13:01
    James 1 :
    22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
    23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
    24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. .............
    27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree