1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 10:181 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes this is no place for your douchebaggery.
    Feel free to address the content of my post at top of page 3 as soon as you are able.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 11:12
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Obviously what I am saying is that even if an increase can be shown it is irrelevant.
    Irrelevant? how convenient for you!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 11:161 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Feel free to address the content of my post at top of page 3 as soon as you are able.
    No, I will however invoke your, ' please feel free to ignore me at any time', clause, because as i have stated this is no place for your douchebaggery. Its predictable, thoroughly banal and displays a rather poor grasp of what the Op was alluding to, that being Jesus prophecy with regard to earthquakes and whether or not we have seen an increase in their frequency. It was not provided as a vehicle for your ignorance, prejudice and hatred of anything different to you.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 12:001 edit
    No, I will however invoke your, ' please feel free to ignore me at any time', clause, because as i have stated this is no place for your douchebaggery. Its predictable, thoroughly banal and displays a rather poor grasp of what the Op was alluding to, that being Jesus prophecy with regard to earthquakes and whether or not we have seen an increase in ...[text shortened]... not provided as a vehicle for your ignorance, prejudice and hatred of anything different to you.
    As twhitehead has pointed out, the USGS says there is nothing unusual regarding seismic activity currently. Unless the "Jesus prophecy with regard to earthquakes" that you are on about was something along the lines of there will be nothing unusual going on regarding seismic activity, then I don't see what it is you think you have to tell us.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 12:51
    "Earthquakes 8.0 magnitude and above have struck at a record rate since 2004. But the increased rate was not statistically different from what you’d expect from random chance."

http://earthsky.org/earth/are-large-earthquakes-increasing-in-frequency
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 12:54
    In view of the tragic recent events in Japan and Ecuador are any of the doubters still insistent that we have not seen a marked increase in the frequency and magnitude of seismic activity as prophesied by the Christ in the book of Matthew, chapter 24.

DATES PERIOD NO. EARTHQUAKES (Mag. > 6.99)
    ---------- ...[text shortened]... pointers, one of these being natural events – like earthquakes.

http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk
    Between the years 25463 BC and 25401 BC, 2356 BC to 2321 BC, and 92 AD to 132 AD there were marked increases in the frequency and magnitude of seismic activity. Why didn't these events bring about 'the last days?'
    Instead of looking at the bigger picture you are conveniently focusing on the most recent brushstroke.

You numpty.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 13:521 edit
    No, I will however invoke your, ' please feel free to ignore me at any time', clause, because as i have stated this is no place for your douchebaggery. Its predictable, thoroughly banal and displays a rather poor grasp of what the Op was alluding to, that being Jesus prophecy with regard to earthquakes and whether or not we have seen an increase in ...[text shortened]... not provided as a vehicle for your ignorance, prejudice and hatred of anything different to you.
    My post at the top of page three is neither abusive nor derogatory and yet, simply because I disagree with you, you are replying by being abusive. Perhaps this is because you are rattled, realising as you probably do that not only is what I posted absolutely spot on doctrinally, you are also propagating erroneous data as has been pointed out by other posters. As usual you dodge, deflect, accuse and abuse.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 14:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Between the years 25463 BC and 25401 BC, 2356 BC to 2321 BC, and 92 AD to 132 AD there were marked increases in the frequency and magnitude of seismic activity. Why didn't these events bring about 'the last days?'
    Instead of looking at the bigger picture you are conveniently focusing on the most recent brushstroke.

You numpty.
    this has already been explained, let me make it clear for you.

1. earthquakes themselves do not cause 'the last days', they are merely given as part of a composite sign given by Christ which would be an identifying feature of the last days.

2. That there were earthquakes prior to this is not important for again Jesus is not talking of events in pre history he is making reference to a future event.

How you could fail to grasp these fundamentals is pure boofery!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 14:172 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    "Earthquakes 8.0 magnitude and above have struck at a record rate since 2004. But the increased rate was not statistically different from what you’d expect from random chance."

http://earthsky.org/earth/are-large-earthquakes-increasing-in-frequency
    random chance, ha! how so vewy vewy convenient! Let us make this clear for our erudite friends so that there can be NO mistakes,

Earthquakes 8.0 magnitude and above have struck at a record rate since 2004
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 14:22
    What would you have all those who respect your opinion do now then?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 15:03
    Let us make this clear for our erudite friends so that there can be NO mistakes,

And let me make this clear for our less mathematically inclinded creationist friends:
    Robbie is wrong.
    The article referenced analysed data between 1900 and 2011 and found a slight above average rate between 2004 and 2011.
    This does not apply to the years following.
    Nor is it statistically significant.
    And it is not a 'record rate'. There are other periods which had a similar or higher rate of earthquakes.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 15:54
    random chance, ha! how so vewy vewy convenient! Let us make this clear for our erudite friends so that there can be NO mistakes,

What you are doing is looking at only part of the data. I already posted a paper showing bad earthquakes in the Jurassic era.

This data you are showing is on a time scale way too short to make conclusions. Earth is billions of years old and you are trying to put out a picture of earthquake data showing signs of end days.

The true picture will not be known for a thousand years.

At that time you will undoubtedly find it to be like a bell curve where we are seeing only the upswing side. It will peak out then subside till the next flurry of activity.

Earthquakes are caused by the crunching together of continental plates driven by the mass flow of molten magma coming up in convection current wise from very deep high energy activity going on hundreds of miles deep.

A big crunch of continents happens then subsides because the energy of friction has been relieved by these earthquakes.

Using this data to suggest end days is just your paranoia seeping through. Earth is 4 billion years old and has gone through many extreme events that would make this rise look like the ripples of a rock thrown on a forest pond.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 16:202 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What you are doing is looking at only part of the data. I already posted a paper showing bad earthquakes in the Jurassic era.

This data you are showing is on a time scale way too short to make conclusions. Earth is billions of years old and you are trying to put out a picture of earthquake data showing signs of end days.

The true picture will not be ...[text shortened]... xtreme events that would make this rise look like the ripples of a rock thrown on a forest pond.
    Jesus was not concerned with data in the Jurassic period and made no reference to it. We are concerned with a specific epoch in time, not the entire time line. Our data shows an accelerated frequency of earthquakes in the epoch that Christ was referring to.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 16:21
    this has already been explained, let me make it clear for you.

1. earthquakes themselves do not cause 'the last days', they are merely given as part of a composite sign given by Christ which would be an identifying feature of the last days.

2. That there were earthquakes prior to this is not important for again Jesus is not talking of events in ...[text shortened]... reference to a future event.

How you could fail to grasp these fundamentals is pure boofery!
    Again Robbie, are you ever actually going to win an argument?

It's almost as though you deliberately seek out the most ludicrous positions you can find to post here. Is there a wager between Freaky and yourself that we are not privy to?!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 16:25
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Again Robbie, are you ever actually going to win an argument?

It's almost as though you deliberately seek out the most ludicrous positions you can find to post here. Is there a wager between Freaky and yourself that we are not privy to?!
    The scientific data is open for all to examine, the arguments based on it robust, you have failed to assail the logic and refute the arguments with anything resembling reason! I have not only won it, I stand upon this thread like a cockerel in the morning, crowing on the farmyard fence and strutting up and down!

cock-a doodle-doo!
    the boofheads know not what to do!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree